Thread: I discovered there is a show called Navajo Cops.

Guns Network Contributor 01/2015 Altarboy's Avatar

I discovered there is a show called Navajo Cops.

It's cool. I have read Tony Hillermans novels about them for years. Its good reading (except the bad guys is always white). I love the south-western landscape. Do people from the southwest think green woods and firtile fields are pretty? Ugh drinking

Team GunsNet Platinum 02/2015 davepool's Avatar

The only green woods around here have sharp pointy things all over them.
    My wife is from Michigan, the first time i drove her up north to flagstaff, we drove through the Tonto National forest. The tallest tree in that "forest" is about 15' and there's about one every 50 yards. She still laughs about the "forest' every time we drive through it.

Folks who live in places like Michigan are surrounded by natural beauty that's right in your face. The beauty in the desert is a little more subtle and harder to find , but it's there
    Last edited by davepool; 10-24-2014 at 11:36 PM.

Team GunsNet Platinum 02/2015 davepool's Avatar

I haven't seen the show so i can't comment on that, but when i used to go up to the Res in my younger days to see my ex-marine buddies i encountered a lot of reservation cops that just flat out hate white people, maybe for good reason, some whites act like real jerks on the Res , especially those out of state tourists who don't quite understand the southwest culture.

I love all area's of this Nation. I can find beauty in just about anything.

Of course I have always been a outdoorsy/wildlife lover since I was a kid.

I have heard of the show, but never watched it.

The wifey and I finally cut the cord last month.

It will save us almost $200 a month, and for how many hours we both work a week (I average 60, and she averages 70+) it just wasn't worth it anymore.
    Last edited by Partisan1983; 10-25-2014 at 12:25 PM.
    Here's to pussy and gunpowder. One to live for, the other to die by.....Goddamn though, I do love the smell of 'em both !!!

Guns Network Contributor 03/2015 jakebrake's Avatar

the show can be seen on youtube. sadly, a lot of reservations are run down drug and alcohol soaked shitholes. abject poverty, and unreported crime are a way of life.