Thread: Nothing to see here

Nothing to see here

was_peacemaker
    NC polls are corrupt in the cities, I have seen black poll workers watching over whitey's shoulders when they go to vote. Little to no LEO presence, and really no one to enforce the rules on these poll workers. Charlotte is has some very corrupt politics...very strange place.

Also in this case these people, poll workers and campaign managers should be raising an eye brow and realize there is something wrong because in NC an illegal can not register, if they are registered that means someone made a clerical error somewhere.
    Last edited by was_peacemaker; 10-30-2014 at 08:49 PM.

I watched 5 min of this.

I am NOT not for illegals voting BUT in this case because she was in deed registered, she can in fact vote.
    Is it wrong? YES
    Is it actually illegal? YES
    But it is administratively "legal"

BISHOP

Yeah, the big thing that's being glossed over here is that in most states its not very easy to register if you're undocumented.

But even in this case, they are pretending to be Dreamers (children of illegal immigrants who've lived here their whole lives) being given a DACA card, which they are then using for their photo ID.

Most of these kids are going to eventually become citizens anyway, so its kind of lame to not let them participate in the electoral process in the meantime.

But I really doubt that many are registering, especially if it's printed right there on the registration card that it is a felony to lie about your citizenship or what not.

Just another case of James O'Keefe trying to manufacture a scandal where one isn't.
    "That tyranny has all the vices both of democracy and oligarchy is evident. As of oligarchy so of tyranny, the end is wealth; (for by wealth only can the tyrant maintain either his guard or his luxury). Both mistrust the people, and therefore deprive them of their arms." -- Aristotle, Book V, 350 B.C.E

Quote Originally Posted by LAGC View Post
    Yeah, the big thing that's being glossed over here is that in most states its not very easy to register if you're undocumented.

But even in this case, they are pretending to be Dreamers (children of illegal immigrants who've lived here their whole lives) being given a DACA card, which they are then using for their photo ID.

Most of these kids are going to eventually become citizens anyway, so its kind of lame to not let them participate in the electoral process in the meantime.

But I really doubt that many are registering, especially if it's printed right there on the registration card that it is a felony to lie about your citizenship or what not.

Just another case of James O'Keefe trying to manufacture a scandal where one isn't.
    The North Carolina Board of Elections is investigating whether the campaign manager for Irwin Carmichael, the Democratic candidate for Mecklenburg County sheriff, and other campaign workers violated state election laws when they were seemingly caught telling an undercover actor, pretending to be an undocumented immigrant, that she could vote.

The investigation was launched in response to a video released Thursday by conservative provocateur James O’Keefe’s non profit Project Veritas that showed several campaign workers, Democrats and Republicans, potentially violating state election laws. The North Carolina Republican Party filed a complaint with the elections board accusing Democratic campaign workers and volunteers of aiding voter fraud.

Greg Amick, Carmichael’s campaign manager, stepped down Friday after being videotaped allegedly telling an actress who expressed concern about her alleged legal status, that she shouldn’t have any problem voting.

“As long as you’re registered to vote, you’ll be fine,” said Amick, according to the video.

Josh Lawson, a spokesman for the elections board, said the board is required to investigate any complaint filed with the board. An investigator was dispatched Friday to Charlotte to gather evidence and meet with campaign workers featured in the video and collect additional information. It is a felony for any person to encourage someone they know is not a citizen to vote – provided that person also knows it’s illegal for a non-citizen to vote.

“We’re looking for whether there is evidence to support a claim that an individual or set of individuals had knowingly encouraged a non-citizen to vote,” Lawson said.

Lawson emphasized that none of the people featured in the videos were election officials tasked with checking qualifications of potential voters.

O’Keefe is known for his undercover stings. He’s accused of heavily editing his videos to make his intended point. He once posed as a pimp and lured ACORN officials into allegedly giving advice on how to bring underage prostitutes into the country.

In Charlotte last week, campaign workers in local races said they were approached by a man and a woman at early voting sites, including the Sugar Creek Library and University City Library.

The woman claimed to be an undocumented Brazilian immigrant who had a driver’s license and received a voting registration card by mistake. She claimed to know she wasn’t supposed to vote, but wanted to support U.S. Sen. Kay Hagan, the Greensboro Democrat who is in a tight race against Republican challenger Thom Tillis.

Several of the Mecklenburg campaign workers and volunteers appear to tell her that she should vote.

Rob Brisley, a spokesman for the Carmichael campaign, confirmed that Amick had stepped down from his position. He described the video as a “social media virus.”

“It is unfortunate that a social media virus has added noise and sometimes confusion to an election in our community,” he said.

The Mecklenburg Democratic Party acknowledged that several of the campaign workers, including Amick, provided “erroneous information,” but that there was no effort to commit fraud.

“I believe Greg certainly gave erroneous information. That is without dispute,” said Ray McKinnon, a vice chair for the Mecklenburg Democratic Party. “I don’t believe Greg intentionally tried to defraud anyone.”

Amick didn’t respond to numerous calls and emails, but addressed the allegations on his Facebook page. He charged the video was selectively edited and cut out his suggestions that they speak with a poll official regarding her right to vote, or speak with a judge who was nearby.

“I would never disrespect or attempt to manipulate the process. The video published by Project Veritas Action was intentionally edited to be misleading, and omitted important information from my response,” he said.

Project Veritas came to North Carolina after receiving tips that more than 100 undocumented immigrants who received federal deferrals from deportation had mistakenly been placed on voter rolls. There are 6.6 million registered voters in North Carolina.
    Email: fordonez@mcclatchydc.com; Twitter: @francoordonez.

Read more here: http://www.charlotteobserver.com/201...#storylink=cpy

Quote Originally Posted by PROBASCO View Post
    Project Veritas came to North Carolina after receiving tips that more than 100 undocumented immigrants who received federal deferrals from deportation had mistakenly been placed on voter rolls. There are 6.6 million registered voters in North Carolina.
    Let's pretend this is really true. 100 voters out of 6.6 million registered voters?

Let's see, if my calculations are correct, that would be about 0.0015% of the vote. A real game-changer.

But by all means, if you see this as a big danger to the republic, it sounds like just a little bit of education goes a long way into informing these folks that they are ineligible to vote. Even if they've lived here in the U.S. almost their entire lives. Disenfranchised, not because of anything they did, but because their parents broke the law.

Okay then...
    "That tyranny has all the vices both of democracy and oligarchy is evident. As of oligarchy so of tyranny, the end is wealth; (for by wealth only can the tyrant maintain either his guard or his luxury). Both mistrust the people, and therefore deprive them of their arms." -- Aristotle, Book V, 350 B.C.E

Team GunsNet Platinum 07/2011 nfa1934's Avatar

Disenfranchised, not because of anything they did, but because their parents broke the law.
    They aren't disenfranchised. They are free to go home and vote there.
    If I had a dollar for every time CAPITALISM was blamed for problems caused by the GOVERNMENT, I'd be a fat filmmaker with a baseball cap.

12 string guitars only have 6 extra strings, but they're 85 TIMES as likely to be used in a song about wizards.

I like big 'bots and I cannot lie...
    I got the model from Bandai.

Guns Network Lifetime Member #2

UH NO. BS, many are and it's why the Craps want the illegal invasion to continue and I suspect your motives too since unmitigated invasion leads to lower wages. Weren't you all up in arms about low wages, yet you want open borders...You're in college? Something doesn't compute.
    Last edited by 1 Patriot-of-many; 11-01-2014 at 03:14 PM.