Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: PA Coroner Auctioning Off Firearms Used in Suicides

**Team GunsNet SILVER 12/2014** skorpion's Avatar

PA Coroner Auctioning Off Firearms Used in Suicides

Anyone near Greensburg, PA? Guns that have been used in suicides are being auctioned off. Will probably go cheap, if I had to guess. One thing's for sure, each specimen has been test-fired. Hopefully they cleaned the blood, tissue, and hair off them at least.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2014/10/30...cmp=latestnews
    The pen is mightier than the sword, but only when you're shoving it through your enemy's throat.
    USMC Active Duty, 2004-2008
    Gunsnet Member since January 2003

I'll pass..

Kinda creepy. I know it's silly, but I'm not unsympathetic to anyone who is uncomfortable with a suicide gun. Some people I know are really superstitious and they think that the ghosts of the dead will haunt you. Silly I know, but I won't slam anyone for feeling weird about it.

Funny that I have No problem with vintage War time firearms that DID kill people. I have some specimens of European (World War 2 German) guns that had some corrosion due to human blood splatter. But that was a long time ago and in war time. There's a bit of distance between that and a recent suicide

Team GunsNetwork PLATINUM 10/2012 rci2950's Avatar

No thanks
    Gunsnet member since 2002
    Salt Water Cowboy - Dolphin 38

A buddy of mine has a suicide Glock. I have shot it. Plus I have also shot a ton of C&R guns as well.

Forum Administrator Schuetzenman's Avatar

I'd be OK with it. As TM mentioned any war weapon; K98k, Mosin Nagant, Arasaka, Springfield / Garand is likely to have been used to shoot dozens if not hundreds of people. So what's a 1 shot weapon's problem?

Site Admin & **Team Gunsnet Silver 12/2012** Richard Simmons's Avatar

I have a beautiful Russian SKS that I purchased from a gun store years ago that still had the police evidence tag on it. Always wondered why it was taken as evidence. Guess it could have been a suicide but given the condition, (very minty, no rust, blood, etc.) I always figured it was something more mundane.
    Gunsnet member since 1999
    USN 1978-86
    BCCI Life Member #2068

•" We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm. " George Orwell

Senior Member Aggressive Perfector's Avatar

Cheap guns? Sign me up.
    "Never take pity on a blind man. He may not be able to see, but he saves a fortune by getting the butt ugly hookers".

was_peacemaker
    There is a double suicide gun in my family. Both times it was used was in a creepy way, but the owner doesn't seem to be concerned about it. Like Schuetzenman said, many of the surplus war weapons probably have a body count on them and folks by them all day. If only some of those parts kits from 3rd world countries could talk. You guys have seen them...stocks with some type of tribal paint, or symbols in them, evidence of being in sandy, or jungle like conditions. Especially with FAL and AK kits back in the day.

Wouldn't bother me. A deal is a deal.

Tools in the toolbox.

Guns Network Contributor 03/2015 jakebrake's Avatar

any list of what's for sale? it's a tool I can clean and have re-blued if need be.

looked at a model 29 that was used in a suicide. had an 8 3/8 bbl...figured I could have a 4" put in cheap enough. problem was seller thought it was worth a fortune because some guy used it to take himself out.

PA, where the cold is only matched by the isolation
    Shit my local shop recently sold a suicide gun, and I'm fairly certain they didn't inform the person who bought it either.

If anyone remembers by long barreled taurus 66 it belonged to the guy who offed himself, but it wasn't the one he used.

Sadly there is a collectors market for "blood guns".

I will buy anything as long as it's a deal, but I will NEVER pay some sick collector price just because it has "blood on it".
    Here's to pussy and gunpowder. One to live for, the other to die by.....Goddamn though, I do love the smell of 'em both !!!

Team GunsNet Silver 02/2014

b Went to one in NM many years ago.....blood guns.........don't bother me.
    Dan

My son has a G23 he bought for $375. It is a suicide gun. It's just an inanimate object. No evil associated with the gun, just the owners.

Quote Originally Posted by raxar View Post
    Shit my local shop recently sold a suicide gun, and I'm fairly certain they didn't inform the person who bought it either.

If anyone remembers by long barreled taurus 66 it belonged to the guy who offed himself, but it wasn't the one he used.
    Not the same thing. There are a lot of so called "Crime guns" that are just owned by the perp or suicide that are seized by the police. But they were just in the closet or something. Absolutely NOTHING wrong with them. I'd still have the heebie jeebies about holding a gun that some dude ate the barrel of. Not rational I know, but heck, I admitted I was superstitious.

Wouldn't bother me, but I wouldn't pay extra for it.

Although if I chose to off myself I wouldn't want to use someone else's suicide gun...that just seems wrong.

No idea why, but it just does.

Forum Administrator Schuetzenman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kadmos View Post
    Wouldn't bother me, but I wouldn't pay extra for it.

Although if I chose to off myself I wouldn't want to use someone else's suicide gun...that just seems wrong.

No idea why, but it just does.
    I don't get that at all. After all that unit was proved to function correctly for the task.

Quote Originally Posted by Schuetzenman View Post
    I don't get that at all. After all that unit was proved to function correctly for the task.
    Think they'd tell you if he screwed it up and ended up paralyzed and half stupid clinging to life for 6 months?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast