Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: So who is not voting and why?

So who is not voting and why?

Just curious as lots of people don't think its worth it. Personally, I am beginning to think those who don't vote are wasting good air. Rights may come from God but here in America we vote to keep them. As for me. this years vote is not "for" anyone, but more "Against" many.

No offense for those who are precluded from voting by committing felonies. We all make mistakes and unfortunately some bad decisions we make can effect our lives for years. I was just lucky enough, or smart enough, to never get caught, But that is another story for another thread.

I always vote, even though My vote doesn't mean shit in a region where the Ultra Libtards hold a solid majority in numbers. But I vote anyway. It's the CIVIC DUTY of all citizens to participate in the process, even if to cast a protest vote. that's what our men in uniform DIED FOR. The freedom to do so. Sure, elections won't go your way all the time (or in my case, almost none of the time, except at the federal level in some years). But to be a douchbag and stay at home is an insult to those who died to give CITIZENS (not illegal or dead voters) the power of the ballot.

Personally I don't mind if libtard don't vote, since I have no respect for them anyway.

Amen guys. So long as the ballot box is still an option, it is our civic duty to utilize it, and try to effect political change through non-violent means.

As has been pointed out, many good men have given their lives, dying in violent death, so that the rest of us could enjoy the peace. It's a shame that only about 50% of eligible voters reliably ever show up to the polls, but I can understand the apathy when people think that no matter who is in charge, nothing will ever really change.

As for convicted felons, in most states they can regain their right to vote upon completion of their entire sentence (including probation or parole):

https://www.aclu.org/maps/map-state-...chisement-laws

In fact, in Maine and Vermont even current prisoners can vote -- which isn't that outlandish of an idea, really, since they have just as much of a stake in our laws as the rest of us, considering those laws put them in prison in the first place.
    "That tyranny has all the vices both of democracy and oligarchy is evident. As of oligarchy so of tyranny, the end is wealth; (for by wealth only can the tyrant maintain either his guard or his luxury). Both mistrust the people, and therefore deprive them of their arms." -- Aristotle, Book V, 350 B.C.E

I voted as it is my right to do so. And many have gone before me so that I can have that right. When possible I take my children with me to vote. Stressing the importance of the event. Plus I always make sure that I thank the folks that give their time at the polls.

Guns Network Contributor 01/2015 Altarboy's Avatar

I always vote early. It felt better this time because I am a little more hopeful my side will have a victory or two.

**Team GunsNet SILVER 12/2014** skorpion's Avatar

+1 to what has already been mentioned. Every vote counts; more so now than ever with all the voter fraud going around. If everyone sits around with the "my candidates will never win anyway" attitude, then of course they won't win. I'm definitely heading out Tuesday.
    The pen is mightier than the sword, but only when you're shoving it through your enemy's throat.
    USMC Active Duty, 2004-2008
    Gunsnet Member since January 2003

Team GunsNet Silver 02/2014

Already did the vote. Only one I ever missed was 1964...absentee never caught up with me...thanks LBJ.
    Dan
    Last edited by Dan Morris; 10-31-2014 at 10:05 AM.

Contributor 02/2014 FunkyPertwee's Avatar

Will be voting straight ticket R's this Tuesday, and they will all win.

Nikki Haley for Gov, Lindsey Graham for Senate, Tim Scott in the special senatorial election, and Mark Sanford as my Rep.

My two senators and representative are very pro-gun and responded to all of my letters and phone calls.
    "I'm fucking furious, I'm violently angry, and I like it. If you don't know what that feels like then I feel bad for you"

Senior Member Aggressive Perfector's Avatar

I voted early. Voted for John Kaisch for governor, a couple other Republican Senators, and 2 Libertarians because both of the other candidates running for those offices sucked.
    "Never take pity on a blind man. He may not be able to see, but he saves a fortune by getting the butt ugly hookers".

Team GunsNet Silver 07/2011 Sherman's Avatar

I always vote.

I vote like it is my duty..... because it is my duty.

Team Guns Network Silver 04/2013 alismith's Avatar

I used to get a ballot from the NEA when I was still teaching. I used it to know who NOT to vote for.

Now, without that ballot, I'll just go straight Repub. as all the Dems. on the ballot aren't worth voting for, anyway.

Brown, running for Gov., had Obama come down and speak for him, and now, he's getting Hitlery to come down, too. With support like that, there's no way in hell he'd ever get my vote.
    "Valar morghulis; valar dohaeris."

Commucrats are most efficient at converting sins and crimes to accidents or misunderstandings.-Oswald Bastable

Making good people helpless won't make bad people harmless.

Freedom isn't free.

"Attitude is the paintbrush that colors our world." TV Series, Haven.

My Spirit Animal has rabies.

I'd rather be an American than a Democrat.

"If you can make a man afraid, you can control him" Netflix Series, The Irregulars

Team GunsNet Silver 03/2014 sevlex's Avatar

I think the non-voters are more likely to be dems, since they know it's going to be a futile gesture.
    Telling the truth is treason in an empire of lies.

WWG1WGA

Nothing good ever comes from a pinched sphincter

Quote Originally Posted by FunkyPertwee View Post
    Will be voting straight ticket R's this Tuesday, and they will all win.

Nikki Haley for Gov, Lindsey Graham for Senate, Tim Scott in the special senatorial election, and Mark Sanford as my Rep.

My two senators and representative are very pro-gun and responded to all of my letters and phone calls.
    I always vote straight ticket R. But in Blue state California, that amounts to very little! It's up to guys like YOU to turn this country around. I've been outnumbered by Liberals and Illegals.....

Team GunsNet Silver 12/2011 N/A's Avatar

Texas...at the intersection of I-20 and the Korean War Veterans Memorial Higheway
    I'm voting in the hope I can help make Wendy Davis' defeat that much more humiliating.
    No enemy of America would have ever been killed if they didn't show up to be killed. HDR

Wifey and I are both voting. We have regained many rights over the last couple of years here in MI, and it's our way to say thank you.
    Here's to pussy and gunpowder. One to live for, the other to die by.....Goddamn though, I do love the smell of 'em both !!!

Guns Network Lifetime Member #2

Every vote counts, even the dead people, and the ballots found at the last minute in car trucks in Democrat controlled precincts during a recount when the Dem was losing and suddenly wins ala AL Franken and Dayton...... Sadly my vote will be disenfranchised by either dead people, illegal aliens or democrats with 10 names or WI residents bused in to vote in MN. But I always vote.
    Last edited by 1 Patriot-of-many; 10-31-2014 at 05:02 PM.

Team Guns Network Silver 04/2013 alismith's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 1 Patriot-of-many View Post
    Every vote counts, even the dead people, and the ballots found at the last minute in car trucks in Democrat controlled precincts during a recount when the Dem was losing and suddenly wins ala AL Franken and Dayton...... Sadly my vote will be disenfranchised by either dead people, illegal aliens or democrats with 10 names or WI residents bused in to vote in MN. But I always vote.
    The dems have discovered that the zombie vote can be big asset. (And everyone thought that zombies weren't real...)
    "Valar morghulis; valar dohaeris."

Commucrats are most efficient at converting sins and crimes to accidents or misunderstandings.-Oswald Bastable

Making good people helpless won't make bad people harmless.

Freedom isn't free.

"Attitude is the paintbrush that colors our world." TV Series, Haven.

My Spirit Animal has rabies.

I'd rather be an American than a Democrat.

"If you can make a man afraid, you can control him" Netflix Series, The Irregulars

Guns Network Contributor 01/2015 Altarboy's Avatar

I voted. I always vote early. There is usually one old man in front of me. I cannot stand to wait in a long line.

Quote Originally Posted by PROBASCO View Post
    Just curious as lots of people don't think its worth it. Personally, I am beginning to think those who don't vote are wasting good air. Rights may come from God but here in America we vote to keep them. As for me. this years vote is not "for" anyone, but more "Against" many.

No offense for those who are precluded from voting by committing felonies. We all make mistakes and unfortunately some bad decisions we make can effect our lives for years. I was just lucky enough, or smart enough, to never get caught, But that is another story for another thread.

Voting is nothing more than a choice between the frying pan or the fire... and votes don't count anyway (elections are pre-decided).

But, I vote anyway just so I can complain later.
    Gentlemen may prefer Blondes, but Real Men prefer Redheads!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast