Thread: $289 used Italian Beretta 92S...HELLUVA deal!

$289 used Italian Beretta 92S...HELLUVA deal!

Here's to pussy and gunpowder. One to live for, the other to die by.....Goddamn though, I do love the smell of 'em both !!!

was_peacemaker
    Quote Originally Posted by Partisan1983 View Post
    Oh man! If I didn't have a few doctor bills I had to pay off this last week. Imanaknut, should be able to tell us more about this specific model.

Indiana, a state that is trying to remain free.
    That would be a nice shooter, and a great price for a piece of history.

The 92S was the second official version of the Model 92 although I could make a point that one could say there were four versions of the original 92.

The 92S moved the frame mounted safety to the slide, which to some was great, to others not smart at all. It retained the European style heal mounted mag release, so if you get one make sure the mag has the cut out near the base for that type of release. There are many out there that have both the back of trigger release and heal release cutouts allowing them to work in all versions of the 92.

The really nice thing about the early 92, 92S and 92SB was that Beretta did them in a really nice deep blue. They didn't start with the proprietary Buniton black finish until the 92F.

They are really nice pistols and parts are still easily available as most parts interchange with the newer model 92s.