Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Re-write the Second Amendment - a school assignment

Re-write the Second Amendment - a school assignment

ROFLMAO!!! My son's teacher got more than she bargained for when she assigned the class to "re-write the Second Amendment for modern times".

My son wrote this:

"To ensure the security of the individual, the community and the state, the inherent right of the People to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed".

This is the first time that I've seen a BETTER form of 2A than the original.
    Gentlemen may prefer Blondes, but Real Men prefer Redheads!

Quote Originally Posted by Krupski View Post
    ROFLMAO!!! My son's teacher got more than she bargained for when she assigned the class to "re-write the Second Amendment for modern times".
    My son wrote this:

"To ensure the security of the individual, the community and the state, the inherent right of the People to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed".

"That tyranny has all the vices both of democracy and oligarchy is evident. As of oligarchy so of tyranny, the end is wealth; (for by wealth only can the tyrant maintain either his guard or his luxury). Both mistrust the people, and therefore deprive them of their arms." -- Aristotle, Book V, 350 B.C.E

I'm sure that all of the other students were something.

"The police and military should have guns to protect the people and some people should have guns for hunting."

BISHOP

That's actually very good.
    US Constitution: Article 1 Section 8 Paragraph 4

The Congress shall have Power To establish an uniform Rule of Naturalization

Nice work! Maybe for extra credit rewrite the First?? The Founders never anticipated the interwebz after all.
    CHOOT UM!

What grade is your son in? IMO this should not be a school project, and this is another attempt at indoctrinating our children and future generations into being communists. If anything the Heller vs DC ruling should be studied in school when it comes to the second amendment.

Quote Originally Posted by Justin View Post
    What grade is your son in? IMO this should not be a school project, and this is another attempt at indoctrinating our children and future generations into being communists. If anything the Heller vs DC ruling should be studied in school when it comes to the second amendment.
    Agreed.

Team GunsNet Gold 03/2014

Teacher should be forced to re-read and teach a class on the constitution and why it means so much to the US of A, especially in to-days world.

Team GunsNet Bronze 07/2011 T2K's Avatar

OUTSTANDING! A+

My son wrote this:

Guns Network Contributor 01/2015 Altarboy's Avatar

You've done well raising your kiddo.

Team Gunsnet Platinum 06/2016 ltorlo64's Avatar

I wish that instead of having students re-write the Constitution and Amendments that teachers would have students explain what they mean and why they were written in the first place. Not to take away what your son wrote, it is very good. It is just that the assignment is not designed to teach but to cause prejudice against a freedom.
    "Nothing ever gets so bad that government "help" can't make it worse." Pat Garrett, March 22, 2014

"HATE IS GOOD, WHEN ITS DIRECTED AT EVIL." PROBASCO, April 20, 2012

I tried to push the envelope, but found that it was stationery.

Have you heard about the new corduroy pillows? They're making head lines!

NRA Endowment Member

Quote Originally Posted by ltorlo64 View Post
    I wish that instead of having students re-write the Constitution and Amendments that teachers would have students explain what they mean and why they were written in the first place. Not to take away what your son wrote, it is very good. It is just that the assignment is not designed to teach but to cause prejudice against a freedom.
    That's the way I was taught about the constitution when I was in the 8th grade. We were split into groups and were told to write and explain what each amendment meant. I went to a somewhat rural school in PA though; and my teacher even brought in a muzzleloader for us to look at, when we were being taught about the American Revolution.

Guns Network Lifetime Member #2

My son wrote this:

"To ensure the security of the individual, the community and the state, the God given inherent right of the People to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed".

^I would have loved to see the reaction of the indoctrinator if he inserted two more words......

Forum Administrator Schuetzenman's Avatar

My son wrote this:

Team GunsNetwork PLATINUM 10/2012 rci2950's Avatar

They are also teaching the students that it is ok to re write the constitution to "fit the times"
    Gunsnet member since 2002
    Salt Water Cowboy - Dolphin 38

Quote Originally Posted by Justin View Post
    Yes of course it's indoctrination. But thankfully, my son is an arrogant 100% right winger. They won't be able to re-program him.

Quote Originally Posted by 1 Patriot-of-many View Post
    ^I would have loved to see the reaction of the indoctrinator if he inserted two more words......

Actually, he told me that he purposely used "inherent" instead of "God-given" so that the teacher wouldn't be able to side-track the idea with "religious freedom" bullshit.

Personally, I agree with you 100%. Our rights are God-given, but there are all too many idiots that whine about the use of "God" in public text and my son didn't want to give the teacher that opportunity.

Smart kid he is, hmmm? (Yoda voice)
    Last edited by Krupski; 11-03-2014 at 11:23 AM. Reason: fixed typo

Guns Network Lifetime Member #2

Actually, he told me that he purposely used "inherent" instead of "God-given" so that the teacher wouldn't be able to side-track the idea with "religious freedom" bullshit.

Personally, I agree with you 100%. Our rights are God-given, but there are all to many idiots that whine about the use of "God" in public text and my son didn't want to give the teacher that opportunity.

Smart kid he is, hmmm? (Yoda voice)
    Indeed for a kid, looking ahead!

You'll have to let us know how your son's teacher reacts to his work.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast