Thread: Flying Question

Team GunsNet Silver 02/2014

Flying Question

Went to Dallas over weekend, perhaps I'm way behind times. Usually TSA takes me 45 minutes to an hour...was directed to a lone terminal....before I finished emptying pockets, dude tells me to put it back..."your pre cleared"....10 seconds max. Is this something new? Haven't flown in 2-3 years.
    Dan
    Last edited by Dan Morris; 11-03-2014 at 12:04 PM.

They have been doing that to advertise the pre check program. Its faitly expensive but you can bypass most of yhe bs once you are cleared

Quote Originally Posted by NAPOTS View Post
    They have been doing that to advertise the pre check program. Its faitly expensive but you can bypass most of yhe bs once you are cleared
    I did nothing........just had carry on in hand and requested nothing.....was a totally new to me. Pay additional for it, NFW
    Dan

Team Gunsnet Platinum 06/2016 ltorlo64's Avatar

They don't always check, but they check frequently. If you are Pre-checked, which you either have to be in the military, work for the government, or pay $100 for 5 years to do, you just fly right through. Also, people are more used to it now so most people show up at the check point ready to go through instead of getting ready at the check point.
    "Nothing ever gets so bad that government "help" can't make it worse." Pat Garrett, March 22, 2014

"HATE IS GOOD, WHEN ITS DIRECTED AT EVIL." PROBASCO, April 20, 2012

I tried to push the envelope, but found that it was stationery.

Have you heard about the new corduroy pillows? They're making head lines!

NRA Endowment Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Morris View Post
    I did nothing........just had carry on in hand and requested nothing.....was a totally new to me. Pay additional for it, NFW
    Dan
    They did the same to me a little while ago, its a promo to try and sell the pre check. Next time you go through it will be the normal charade.

I assure you I have no intention of paying for this service! It was different and nice. But, I haven't wore a uniform in 40 years....have never worked for the government....just a retired dude from the civilian work place.Thanks for the explanations.
    Dan