Thread: Good Deal?

Site Admin & **Team Gunsnet Silver 12/2012** Richard Simmons's Avatar

Question Good Deal?

Don't know if these mags are any good or not but for $4.99 they might be worth a try especially if you have a lady friend that is into AR's. Stocking stuffer.

http://palmettostatearmory.com/index...e-fatale-logo/
    Gunsnet member since 1999
    USN 1978-86
    BCCI Life Member #2068

•" We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm. " George Orwell

Contributor 02/2014 FunkyPertwee's Avatar

I like these mags just fine, except for the pink shit obviously.

Me and Scheutz bought a fuck-ton of these last year. Everyone else hates them because somebody who was at Ruby Ridge works for Troy I think.
    "I'm fucking furious, I'm violently angry, and I like it. If you don't know what that feels like then I feel bad for you"

Contributor 02/2014 FunkyPertwee's Avatar

I did a "drop test" on one of these last year. A completely loaded magazine fell from about two stories and hit a concrete slab without breaking or loosing any rounds.
    "I'm fucking furious, I'm violently angry, and I like it. If you don't know what that feels like then I feel bad for you"

Site Admin & **Team Gunsnet Silver 12/2012** Richard Simmons's Avatar

Thanks. I figure you could spray paint over the logo or like I said, if you have a girl friend that shoots buy her a few for Xmas.
    Gunsnet member since 1999
    USN 1978-86
    BCCI Life Member #2068

•" We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm. " George Orwell

for $5 a mag who cares whats on it.

already blew my gun $$ for the month ( CZ26 builds) or I'd buy 60 of them .
    PRAISE KEK
    FATHER OF CHAOS
    BRINGER OF DAY
    IN THY WEBBED HANDS WE PLACE OUR FAITH
    SHADILAY, SHADILAY!

Team GunsNet Platinum 07/2011 nfa1934's Avatar

I'd pay 10x retail for any other mag before I'd give Troy Industries a damn dime. Not only did they back Dale Monroe, they actually defended his actions at Ruby Ridge. From their release regarding the matter:

"Monroe was an FBI HRT member assigned a mission which turned tragic. We are saddened by the events at Ruby Ridge and recognize the significance of the tragedy. If you’ve never worn a uniform, you might not understand why Monroe was in the situation he was in, but if you have worn a uniform, you know how it is to follow orders in a fluid situation."

Funny, I was able to wear a uniform without getting involved in any murders.
    If I had a dollar for every time CAPITALISM was blamed for problems caused by the GOVERNMENT, I'd be a fat filmmaker with a baseball cap.

12 string guitars only have 6 extra strings, but they're 85 TIMES as likely to be used in a song about wizards.

I like big 'bots and I cannot lie...
    I got the model from Bandai.

Forum Administrator Schuetzenman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Simmons View Post
    Don't know if these mags are any good or not but for $4.99 they might be worth a try especially if you have a lady friend that is into AR's. Stocking stuffer.

http://palmettostatearmory.com/index...e-fatale-logo/
    IMO it is a magazine on par with Magpul PMags. I have paid an average of about $11 bucks / Troy magazine. Got half of them from Brownells, found the other half at a local gun show where they only wanted $9 each for them but they only had the knob thing sticking out the bottom. The ones from Brownells came with the flat insert to replace the knob. I don't really like or hate the knob. I think it is of some utility in grabbing it out of a pouch, but I have yet to need that ability. If I didn't have 33 of these already I'd drop $5 bucks on them and just sand off the pink girly shit.

Senior Member Aggressive Perfector's Avatar

I have a few of Toy Ind. CBIR mags, they work flawlessly. Only thing Magpul did better with theirs (aside from not putting the dumb knob on the bottom) is the outside surface finish on their mags. For $5 apiece, I don't give a damn if the whole damn mag is pink! Makes me rethink my recent Ammo purchases.
    "Never take pity on a blind man. He may not be able to see, but he saves a fortune by getting the butt ugly hookers".