Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I feel WASP is the most underrated rock band in history.....

Contributor 02/2014 FunkyPertwee's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Aggressive Perfector View Post
    I get the impression it was impossible to not be called a Satanist if you played or listened to Metal (real or ripped off) in the '80's... Unless you were Stryper. Lmao
    I went to a private christian school for a couple of years in the 1990's. One of the teachers showed us a Stryper VHS tape from the 1980's to try and show us that there was christian hard rock. But you have to remember that in the mid to late 90's, the 1980's were considered horribly cheesy, and there was no 80's retro fad back then, so it was just a complete joke to everybody.
    "I'm fucking furious, I'm violently angry, and I like it. If you don't know what that feels like then I feel bad for you"

Quote Originally Posted by El Laton Caliente View Post
    Welders Against Stupid Pipefitters?
    We Are Sexually Perverted.
    US Constitution: Article 1 Section 8 Paragraph 4

The Congress shall have Power To establish an uniform Rule of Naturalization

so many WASP haters......

probably coming from those with Trixster posters on the walls.
    PRAISE KEK
    FATHER OF CHAOS
    BRINGER OF DAY
    IN THY WEBBED HANDS WE PLACE OUR FAITH
    SHADILAY, SHADILAY!

Senior Member Aggressive Perfector's Avatar

Who the fuck is Trixter?

Quote Originally Posted by FunkyPertwee View Post
    I went to a private christian school for a couple of years in the 1990's. One of the teachers showed us a Stryper VHS tape from the 1980's to try and show us that there was christian hard rock. But you have to remember that in the mid to late 90's, the 1980's were considered horribly cheesy, and there was no 80's retro fad back then, so it was just a complete joke to everybody.
    Funny, about 5 or so years ago "Christian Metal" was all the rage amongst the local Emo kids. The Devil Wears Prada, Impending Doom, Under Oath, Demon Hunter, As I Lay Dying (whose lead singer is ironically doing time for trying to hire a hitman to kill his wife), Norma Jean, August Burns Red, etc.
    "Never take pity on a blind man. He may not be able to see, but he saves a fortune by getting the butt ugly hookers".

like a pack of angry bob sagets

PRAISE KEK
    FATHER OF CHAOS
    BRINGER OF DAY
    IN THY WEBBED HANDS WE PLACE OUR FAITH
    SHADILAY, SHADILAY!

Yuck.
    "Never take pity on a blind man. He may not be able to see, but he saves a fortune by getting the butt ugly hookers".

Team GunsNet Platinum 07/2011 nfa1934's Avatar

Yuck.
    Yep.

Still don't like WASP?
    If I had a dollar for every time CAPITALISM was blamed for problems caused by the GOVERNMENT, I'd be a fat filmmaker with a baseball cap.

12 string guitars only have 6 extra strings, but they're 85 TIMES as likely to be used in a song about wizards.

I like big 'bots and I cannot lie...
    I got the model from Bandai.

Does this answer your question?

Wink

Nobody said WASP was better than Metallica....

But every metal head should realise WASP made so many good tunes well over three decades...Metallica only did for a decade and a half tops
    Here's to pussy and gunpowder. One to live for, the other to die by.....Goddamn though, I do love the smell of 'em both !!!

No one should listen to metallica after st anger.
    "And how we burned in the camps later thinking, what would things have been like, if every security operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain, whether he would return alive and had to say good-bye to his family?"

I generally feel you give them 2 albums of credit too many, but Death Magnetic was actually pretty damn good aside from Hetfields softened old man vocals.
    Quote Originally Posted by Partisan1983 View Post
    Nobody said WASP was better than Metallica....

But every metal head should realise WASP made so many good tunes well over three decades...Metallica only did for a decade and a half tops
    I beg to differ... WASP never made a single song worth remembering. But if you want to play the longevity card... Slayer for the win. Still cranking out hard hitting tunes that make Nickelback fans piss themselves.

Team GunsNet Platinum 07/2011 nfa1934's Avatar

Nickelback fans were going to piss themselves anyway.

A mention of Nickelback reminds me of a thread on another forum with pics of cops trying too hard to look badass. One pic was a couple of cops with Chad Kroeger. The cops were trying to give their best rock pose and Kroeger was just standing there smiling. I posted that I never thought I would see a pic of Chad Kroeger where he is the only guy in the pic who doesn't look like a douchebag.
    If I had a dollar for every time CAPITALISM was blamed for problems caused by the GOVERNMENT, I'd be a fat filmmaker with a baseball cap.

12 string guitars only have 6 extra strings, but they're 85 TIMES as likely to be used in a song about wizards.

I like big 'bots and I cannot lie...
    I got the model from Bandai.

Contributor 02/2014 FunkyPertwee's Avatar

...the longevity card...
    Black Sabbath.

Don't care if you like them or not. First album: 1970. Last album: 2013.

The last one was good too.
    "I'm fucking furious, I'm violently angry, and I like it. If you don't know what that feels like then I feel bad for you"

A fair point, I was attempting to stick to the faster and heavier side of things that WASP tried to imitate.

Who says that metal bands can't be compassionate?

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/sla...anapolis-show/

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12