Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I feel WASP is the most underrated rock band in history.....

Unhappy I feel WASP is the most underrated rock band in history.....

Yes I know back in the decade of decadence they were banned...from their music videos, their concerts, their songs on the radio...etc, etc...

Why don't they get the appreciation that Metallica does !?!!?!?

Unlike Metallica, WASP can still make great songs

Let us begin...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WKnjD0aHwgs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M4YoLCLgUYw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FBmTdJCdMvc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CBfQd3NGFh8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LiEyqyYb_WQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZWjlXNrH0yI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pbrqWarXPw0

There is still many more.....
    Here's to pussy and gunpowder. One to live for, the other to die by.....Goddamn though, I do love the smell of 'em both !!!

Here's to pussy and gunpowder. One to live for, the other to die by.....Goddamn though, I do love the smell of 'em both !!!

I can literally keep going.....

Saw them live at the Menards "Old Mill" center back in the day in Eau Claire Wisconsin. If I remember correctly there were rolls of toilet paper being thrown at the stage and then they whined like pussys that the PA system was broken and packed up and left. It was a long time ago and I was boozed up so I may be a little fuzzy on the details but that's what I remember.

Hint: It's because they sucked.

It seemed like fake ass glam metal a step down from L.A. Guns, which was a step down from Quiet Riot who had what maybe 2 good songs.

I'll grant you that current Metallica blows, but at least once upon a time they were seriously fucking amazing

Senior Member Aggressive Perfector's Avatar

Rant:
    They really knew how to piss off the "Mad Mothers Against..." groups, I'll give them that. But better than Metallica? You're high sir. Very, very high. Stoned like a gravel road.Their sound was just the generic poppy Glam sound of the time. Metallica skipped the cross dressing, infused a vengeful punk sound and attitude with Heavy Metal and gave rise to many more bands whose sound has passed the test of time. Their genre, Thrash Metal, is still around with millions of fans around the world and gave rise to the next extremes in Metal, Death Metal and Black Metal.

While we are in agreement that Metallica has slipped far downhill, their musical prowess is still strong, they just lack that piss and vinegar that fueled the fire in their early days. To support my case:

There's a reason why people are still talking about bands like Metallica, Slayer, Exodus, Testament, Overkill, Anthrax and Megadeth over 30 years later and nobody remembers W.A.S.P. If I hadn't grown up on all forms of '80's Rock and dug through my parents albums frequently, this would likely be the first I'd ever heard of them. Metallica fought, kicked, screamed, and clawed from obscurity and the underground scene to inspiring an entire scene (with a little help from the influences of Venom, Motorhead, and bands like the Misfits and the Ramones) and becoming the all time greatest selling Hard Rock/ Heavy Metal band of all time (by the time all is said and done they will have probably sold more than the Beatles if they haven't already).

W.A.S.P., they just acted a little more shockingly than all the other cross dressers flooding the radio waves and MTV at the time. The music wasn't terrible, but they hardly breathed any fresh air into the stale ass genre they embraced.

ETA: The only super cool thing W.A.S.P. ever really did was have their singer shoot sparks and shit out of his cock piece.
    Last edited by Aggressive Perfector; 11-06-2014 at 09:51 PM.
    "Never take pity on a blind man. He may not be able to see, but he saves a fortune by getting the butt ugly hookers".

Guns Network Contributor 04/2013 El Laton Caliente's Avatar

Welders Against Stupid Pipefitters?
    We found out what "dealing" with progressive lefties is all about. Our side gives up something, they give up nothing and the progressives come back in a month or a year and want us to give up more... rinse and repeat...

^Lmao
    I don't think the acronym actually stood for anything, so much as they thought their band name looked cooler in that fashion. Some have said in the past that WASP stood for We Are Satans People. Bet hell, some probably thought KISS stood for Knights In Satans Service.
    "Never take pity on a blind man. He may not be able to see, but he saves a fortune by getting the butt ugly hookers".

Contributor 02/2014 FunkyPertwee's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Aggressive Perfector View Post
    ....Bet hell, some probably thought KISS stood for Knights In Satans Service.
    I can tell you that people really have thought that.
    "I'm fucking furious, I'm violently angry, and I like it. If you don't know what that feels like then I feel bad for you"

Well, given some Gene Simmons' spectacular concert displays I'm not surprised.

Quote Originally Posted by Aggressive Perfector View Post
    ^Lmao
    I don't think the acronym actually stood for anything, so much as they thought their band name looked cooler in that fashion. Some have said in the past that WASP stood for We Are Satans People. Bet hell, some probably thought KISS stood for Knights In Satans Service.
    I though the myth was "Kids in Satan's Service"

For WASP we were pretty sure it was "Wasp All Suck Prick"

Quote Originally Posted by Kadmos View Post
    I though the myth was "Kids in Satan's Service"

For WASP we were pretty sure it was "Wasp All Suck Prick"
    Crazy cult church I was in as a child told us it was "Kings In Satan's Service" and also "Knights In Satan's Service"

Quote Originally Posted by Zygomatic View Post
    Crazy cult church I was in as a child....
    So much, just became so much clearer....

You have no idea...

I get the impression it was impossible to not be called a Satanist if you played or listened to Metal (real or ripped off) in the '80's... Unless you were Stryper. Lmao

Quote Originally Posted by Kadmos View Post
    Hint: It's because they sucked.

It seemed like fake ass glam metal a step down from L.A. Guns, which was a step down from Quiet Riot who had what maybe 2 good songs.

I'll grant you that current Metallica blows, but at least once upon a time they were seriously fucking amazing
    Your statement makes no sense....LA Guns formed in 1983, Quiet Riot formed in 1973....WASP formed in 1982....Metallica formed in 1981

Do you logic much!?!?!?!?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast