Thread: AR15 Pistol Marked Lowers by Anderson Mfg.

Forum Administrator Schuetzenman's Avatar

Thumbs up AR15 Pistol Marked Lowers by Anderson Mfg.

http://www.aimsurplus.com/product.as...iver&groupid=6
    Just found these a couple of minutes ago. If anyone has been wanting to do an AR pistol these are great. My pistol build uses one and the price here is low enough that even with a $30 buck transfer fee you're still under $80 bucks for a lower, (stripped).

My build from early summer this year with one.

Senior Member Aggressive Perfector's Avatar

I'm curious as to why it matters if the receiver is marked as a pistol or not... It's not like you have to call the ATF and tell them you've converted AR15 brand x serial number xxxxxxxx is no longer a rifle and now assembled as a pistol is it?
    "Never take pity on a blind man. He may not be able to see, but he saves a fortune by getting the butt ugly hookers".

Quote Originally Posted by Aggressive Perfector View Post
    I'm curious as to why it matters if the receiver is marked as a pistol or not... It's not like you have to call the ATF and tell them you've converted AR15 brand x serial number xxxxxxxx is no longer a rifle and now assembled as a pistol is it?
    You can't convert a rifle to a pistol that makes it an SBR and then you are required to pay the $200 buck tax stamp.

If you purchase a stripped virgin new AR15 receiver that has never been a complete weapon, even then they can get you if the receiver is ever written on any dealers or the manufactures books as a long gun. Running afoul of this law is a; $250,000 felony with up to 10 years in Fed Prison.

With a Pistol marked AR receiver there is no potential for a "Gottcha" by the BATFECEES goon squad.
    Last edited by Schuetzenman; 11-08-2014 at 09:19 AM.

Senior Member Aggressive Perfector's Avatar

Sounds like a bunch of bureaucratic nonsense to me. This is why LE should not be allowed to determine what the law is.
    "Never take pity on a blind man. He may not be able to see, but he saves a fortune by getting the butt ugly hookers".

Quote Originally Posted by Aggressive Perfector View Post
    Sounds like a bunch of bureaucratic nonsense to me. This is why LE should not be allowed to determine what the law is.
    Since they can make up their own laws...why bother!?!?!
    Here's to pussy and gunpowder. One to live for, the other to die by.....Goddamn though, I do love the smell of 'em both !!!

Bump.