Thread: Come Crusader, let battle commence....

Cool Come Crusader, let battle commence....

Another old metal band.....

http://<iframe width="560" height="3...reen></iframe>

Again..still better than new Metallica
    Here's to pussy and gunpowder. One to live for, the other to die by.....Goddamn though, I do love the smell of 'em both !!!

Here's to pussy and gunpowder. One to live for, the other to die by.....Goddamn though, I do love the smell of 'em both !!!

Team GunsNet Platinum 07/2011 nfa1934's Avatar

Metallica peaked with "Ride the Lightening" and hasn't made anything worth a damn since "Master of Puppets".
    If I had a dollar for every time CAPITALISM was blamed for problems caused by the GOVERNMENT, I'd be a fat filmmaker with a baseball cap.

12 string guitars only have 6 extra strings, but they're 85 TIMES as likely to be used in a song about wizards.

I like big 'bots and I cannot lie...
    I got the model from Bandai.

Contributor 02/2014 FunkyPertwee's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by nfa1934 View Post
    Metallica peaked with "Ride the Lightening" and hasn't made anything worth a damn since "Master of Puppets".
    Death Magnetic was really good. sounded like their 80's stuff.
    "I'm fucking furious, I'm violently angry, and I like it. If you don't know what that feels like then I feel bad for you"

Guns Network Contributor 04/2013 El Laton Caliente's Avatar

The hair bands of the late 80s all sounded alike to me... it was like the record producers had standardized the music. The same with most/all of the [c]Rap...

The rock bands from the 1950s to the early 1980s you could hear the first five to ten seconds of their song and normally tell which band it was. Most were very distinctive in style and "sound". I liked that and still do.
    We found out what "dealing" with progressive lefties is all about. Our side gives up something, they give up nothing and the progressives come back in a month or a year and want us to give up more... rinse and repeat...

Quote Originally Posted by nfa1934 View Post
    you really didnt like ...And justice for all?

Team GunsNet Silver 07/2011 Sherman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NAPOTS View Post
    you really didnt like ...And justice for all?
    Or the Black album?

Team GunsNet Platinum 07/2011 nfa1934's Avatar

Not compared to "Ride the Lightening".

And regarding the WASP thread, there is a world of difference between the L.A. Metal bands circa 1981-84 and the bubblegum caricature that the "hair bands" became in the late '80s. Things started to go to shit around 1985. If you can't hear any difference between WASP's "Sleeping in the Fire" and anything by Poison or Warrant, you need your ears checked.
    If I had a dollar for every time CAPITALISM was blamed for problems caused by the GOVERNMENT, I'd be a fat filmmaker with a baseball cap.

12 string guitars only have 6 extra strings, but they're 85 TIMES as likely to be used in a song about wizards.

I like big 'bots and I cannot lie...
    I got the model from Bandai.

I'll give you ride the lightening has some awesome tracks, fade to black, for whom the bell tolls, ride the lightning, Call of Kthulu But I find these tracks off of justice to be equally awesome, Blackened, ...And Justice for All, The Shortest Straw, To Live is to die, and Dyers Eve.

But the black album sucked. When I started listening to music as a kid that was the new metallica album and it got tons of air play but in retrospect their sound took a more pop music direction and they lost their edge. There are actually a few tracks off of Death Magnetic that are better than those on the black album.

It is hard to beat the Unforgiven trillogy though.

Senior Member Aggressive Perfector's Avatar

^The black album still beats the living fuck out of Load and Reload by far.

Quote Originally Posted by FunkyPertwee View Post
    Death Magnetic was really good. sounded like their 80's stuff.
    That's a bit of a stretch... Definitely the greatest release since ...And Justice For All I will say though.

Back to the original topic... G.L.A.M. (Gay Los Angeles "Metal") sucks. About the only good thing that came out of it was that those transvestites pissed off some punks who started the Thrash scene. As Geezer Butler of Black Sabbath said (regarding Metal) "if we created it, Metallica saved it, thank God for those guys".
    "Never take pity on a blind man. He may not be able to see, but he saves a fortune by getting the butt ugly hookers".

Guns Network Contributor 03/2015 jakebrake's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Aggressive Perfector View Post
    ^The black album still beats the living fuck out of Load and Reload by far.

the latest Barbara streisand was better than big load, or bigger load.

cliff burton should crawl out of his grave and beat the 3 sellouts senseless. no wonder Jason told the 3 money grubbing shitbags to get bent.

Senior Member Aggressive Perfector's Avatar

If only the dead could rise... If for no other reason than Cliff Burton had a style of playing that was so insanely original and innovative that never has been or can be duplicated since his death. The Jimi Hendrix of the 4 string.

Jason Is such a talented bassist. It's a damn shame they all but cut him out of the ...And Justice For All album. He really threw down on that album, but Lars and James silenced him. But here's a track with his bass lines turned up to where it should be. Sounds so much better than the album version.
    "Never take pity on a blind man. He may not be able to see, but he saves a fortune by getting the butt ugly hookers".