Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: So the border patrol is removing Firearms from it's Agents! Woo Hoo Obama Administration!!!

So the border patrol is removing Firearms from it's Agents! Woo Hoo Obama Administration!!!

http://www.kvoa.com/news/n4t-investi...agents-rifles/

The hierarchy of the Border Patrol is removing M4 Carbines from circulation amongst its agents for 'quality control checking' but never RETURNING the guns. Now the border agents are 'sharing' guns. WTF??????

Prather believes removing some of the rifles maybe politically motivated. He says he was told that many of these guns are being removed for issues that are easily repaired like the firing pin and bolt.

He broke down a M4 as he spoke.

"This weapon is designed to be able to be in a battle situation, changed out rather quickly even so fast that modern weapons have areas to hold spare bolts," he said.

That makes him suspicious that the agency could be disarming its agents.

Team Guns Network Silver 04/2013 alismith's Avatar

Makes sense. IF your goal is to let as many illegals walk across the border as possible, then you can't have our agents shooting at them. That might discourage them from coming. If they don't come, they can't vote Dimocratic on the next election.

Gotta keep those borders open at all costs....
    "Valar morghulis; valar dohaeris."

Commucrats are most efficient at converting sins and crimes to accidents or misunderstandings.-Oswald Bastable

Making good people helpless won't make bad people harmless.

Freedom isn't free.

"Attitude is the paintbrush that colors our world." TV Series, Haven.

My Spirit Animal has rabies.

I'd rather be an American than a Democrat.

"If you can make a man afraid, you can control him" Netflix Series, The Irregulars

how many 10s of thousands of rounds do you have to put through an AR before you start to have problems with the firing pin or bolt?

AFAIK those vietnam era M16 kits that were coming in a little while ago had 40 year old bolts and firing pins

Senior Member Aggressive Perfector's Avatar

Disarm the boarder patrol, yeah, genius.
    "Never take pity on a blind man. He may not be able to see, but he saves a fortune by getting the butt ugly hookers".

Disarming them gives the cartels or even terrorist sleepers the chance to seep in. Why isn't our country in home land war over everything American being pissed on and burned?

**Team GunsNet SILVER 12/2014** skorpion's Avatar

So, agencies that don't need firearms are getting firearms and plenty of ammo. Agencies that absolutely need firearms are getting them taken away. Sounds like a typical Insane Hussein line of thought.

ETA: Maybe Odummer should consider hiring British Bobbies to patrol the southern border.

Last edited by skorpion; 11-11-2014 at 06:40 AM.
    The pen is mightier than the sword, but only when you're shoving it through your enemy's throat.
    USMC Active Duty, 2004-2008
    Gunsnet Member since January 2003

Forum Administrator Schuetzenman's Avatar

Just more Obama regime attempts to destroy the USA. Treason I SAY!!!!!!!!!!!

Team Guns Network Silver 04/2013 alismith's Avatar

Maybe a similar move would be to disarm the Secret Service. After all, you don't want all those whores to be able to get their hands on firearms...could be a dangerous situation there....
    "Valar morghulis; valar dohaeris."

Commucrats are most efficient at converting sins and crimes to accidents or misunderstandings.-Oswald Bastable

Making good people helpless won't make bad people harmless.

Freedom isn't free.

"Attitude is the paintbrush that colors our world." TV Series, Haven.

My Spirit Animal has rabies.

I'd rather be an American than a Democrat.

"If you can make a man afraid, you can control him" Netflix Series, The Irregulars

Quote Originally Posted by alismith View Post
    Maybe a similar move would be to disarm the Secret Service. After all, you don't want all those whores to be able to get their hands on firearms...could be a dangerous situation there....
    Good point. There's no president to protect right now, any way; there's only an Islamo-Nazi dictator at the moment.
    Last edited by skorpion; 11-11-2014 at 08:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Schuetzenman View Post
    Just more Obama regime attempts to destroy the USA. Treason I SAY!!!!!!!!!!!
    Yep, more and more the won's actions come closer and closer to treason. I'm not a big union supporter, but this would appear to be a true union issue to me.
    US Constitution: Article 1 Section 8 Paragraph 4

The Congress shall have Power To establish an uniform Rule of Naturalization

naw the unions already have their orders. sit down shut up is the message.
    While no one ever listens to me,
    I am constantly being told to be quiet.

In a world of snowflakes,
    be the heat..

Site Admin & **Team Gunsnet Silver 12/2012** Richard Simmons's Avatar

The way I read it some agents are having to use the M4 assigned to a vehicle instead of every one having their own M4. Article also said "some" have lost a weapon and "some" have not been replaced. Are we talking 20 or 2,000? I didn't know they made a place on an M4 to carry a spare bolt?
    Gunsnet member since 1999
    USN 1978-86
    BCCI Life Member #2068

•" We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm. " George Orwell

Team GunsNet Platinum 07/2011 nfa1934's Avatar

Armed border patrol = voter suppression.
    If I had a dollar for every time CAPITALISM was blamed for problems caused by the GOVERNMENT, I'd be a fat filmmaker with a baseball cap.

12 string guitars only have 6 extra strings, but they're 85 TIMES as likely to be used in a song about wizards.

I like big 'bots and I cannot lie...
    I got the model from Bandai.

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Simmons View Post
    I didn't know they made a place on an M4 to carry a spare bolt?
    Yessir. Goes into Magpul pistol grips.

http://store.magpul.com/product/MAG057/43

Site Admin & **Team Gunsnet Silver 12/2012** Richard Simmons's Avatar

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by skorpion View Post
    Yessir. Goes into Magpul pistol grips.

http://store.magpul.com/product/MAG057/43
    Thank you. Didn't know they made that. I can see the firing pin but is replacing the bolt something that you need to do very often? Just got my first AR last month and not too familiar with the whole system.

Please disregard my question above. Don't want to turn this into a discussion on AR's since we are in the GD section. Thanks again for the link though.
    Last edited by Richard Simmons; 11-11-2014 at 05:01 PM.
    Gunsnet member since 1999
    USN 1978-86
    BCCI Life Member #2068

•" We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm. " George Orwell

Don't want to turn this into a discussion on AR's since we are in the GD section. Thanks again for the link though.
    Ah boo. I always hated that rule where we have to shut up when we talk about guns on the GD. Sometimes it's a natural cross over topic.

Thank you. Didn't know they made that. I can see the firing pin but is replacing the bolt something that you need to do very often? Just got my first AR last month and not too familiar with the whole system.

Please disregard my question above. Don't want to turn this into a discussion on AR's since we are in the GD section. Thanks again for the link though.
    No prob.

Quote Originally Posted by tank_monkey View Post
    http://www.kvoa.com/news/n4t-investi...agents-rifles/

The hierarchy of the Border Patrol is removing M4 Carbines from circulation amongst its agents for 'quality control checking' but never RETURNING the guns. Now the border agents are 'sharing' guns. WTF??????
    "This weapon is designed to be able to be in a battle situation, changed out rather quickly even so fast that modern weapons have areas to hold spare bolts," he said.
    Why would a Border Patrol rifle need a "new bolt" or even a repair of any kind? Aside from a little bit of qualifying at the range, those rifles aren't even fired. They certainly get a LOT less use that any of our rifles get.

I can't recall the last time any of my AR-15's needed a "new bolt" (or a new anything for that matter).

They are disarming the Border Patrol, plain and simple.
    Last edited by Krupski; 11-12-2014 at 04:06 AM.
    Gentlemen may prefer Blondes, but Real Men prefer Redheads!

Indiana, a state that is trying to remain free.
    According to this report: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2014/11/12...hem-in-danger/ the problem is with the firing pin. Considering I could probably replace a firing pin in an M4 in under a minute, blindfolded, I can't understand why this is an issue.

Since Boarder Patrol is one of our more important agencies, why not just take the firearms from the Bureau of Land Management, that group that brought tons of firepower against one American who didn't pay his taxes, and send them to the Boarder Patrol. Or the firearms just given to a tax collection agency known as IRS jackboots.

Indiana, a state that is trying to remain free.
    Disregarding that the article said, AR15/M16/M4 bolts can fail, but it is not usually firing pin related:

The above came from one of my rifles.

On the other hand, I am wondering if they were given a bad batch of firing pins, as in not made to spec?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast