Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: You're caught in the middle of a violent riot. What guns would you be loading up?

Quote Originally Posted by weevil View Post
    Guns are great for punching holes especially at a distance, but when they get at arm's length a good heavy duty blade for removing chunks and opening up guts is a must.
    My goal in any SHTF scenario, is to NEVER let someone get that close....sharp/bladed tools are devastating in close quarters..
    Here's to pussy and gunpowder. One to live for, the other to die by.....Goddamn though, I do love the smell of 'em both !!!

Team GunsNet Bronze 07/2011 weevil's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Partisan1983 View Post
    My goal in any SHTF scenario, is to NEVER let someone get that close....sharp/bladed tools are devastating in close quarters..

And that is indeed a wise and prudent goal.

But as the old saying goes.......................the best-laid plans of mice and men often go awry.

It never hurts to have a plan B you can switch to in a pinch.

Team GunsNet Silver 07/2011 Sherman's Avatar

My Springfield Armory Tactical .45 and Sar 1. Have the Browning A5 with plug removed loaded and ready to rock in the bedroom.

Senior Member Aggressive Perfector's Avatar

If this little bitty "village" size town I've moved to ever had a riot, I'd just pack up my guns and drive a few miles to my friends house until it quieted down. Only one I'd make sure was loaded with 1 in the chamber just in case is my glock.
    "Never take pity on a blind man. He may not be able to see, but he saves a fortune by getting the butt ugly hookers".

Team GunsNet Platinum 02/2015 davepool's Avatar

Went to my oldest son's condo for veterans day. This photo is from his balcony on the 22nd floor of downtown Phoenix. Among other things, we discussed which of my rifles would be best to repel zombies form his vantage point, he felt my .308 Sig SSG 3000 would be best, i'm more in favor of my Savage .300 win.mag.

He has a Glock G20 with 10 mags jusstt in case they make to his door, maybe 100 gallons of hot grease thrown over the side might keep them from getting that far, mmmm yummy,deep fried zombie
    Last edited by davepool; 11-14-2014 at 09:01 PM.

Forum Administrator Schuetzenman's Avatar

22 stories, oil will be room temperature by the time it hits them.

Contributor 02/2014 FunkyPertwee's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Schuetzenman View Post
    22 stories, oil will be room temperature by the time it hits them.
    So drop whole saucepans full of it so it when it hits its still hot in the pan. The heavy, fast moving pan.
    "I'm fucking furious, I'm violently angry, and I like it. If you don't know what that feels like then I feel bad for you"

Quote Originally Posted by FunkyPertwee View Post
    So drop whole saucepans full of it so it when it hits its still hot in the pan. The heavy, fast moving pan.
    That WILL work.

Quote Originally Posted by FunkyPertwee View Post
    Kind of like putting a hand grenade in a mason jar before dropping it out of the helicopter.
    US Constitution: Article 1 Section 8 Paragraph 4

The Congress shall have Power To establish an uniform Rule of Naturalization

Quote Originally Posted by L1A1Rocker View Post
    Kind of like putting a hand grenade in a mason jar before dropping it out of the helicopter.
    That would probably be a good defence from where he's at, rig a pressure cooker bomb timed to explode at street level.

Oh crap, i just got my name put on a list for posting that.....damn.

Quote Originally Posted by sevlex View Post
    Hmmm....

.308 for when they're down the block.

.556 for when they're on the block.

12 gauge for when they're in the hallway.

Pistol for when they're in the doorway.
    I like the way you think!
    A Remington 700 in .243 for distance. AK and .22 Mag bolt for closer, 10/22 and 2 12 gauge shottys for real close, and an assortment of handguns and knives for point blank.
    “I have little patience with people who take the Bill of Rights for granted. The Bill of Rights, contained in the first ten amendments to the Constitution, is every American’s guarantee of freedom.” - - President Harry S. Truman, “Years of Trial and Hope”

**Team GunsNet SILVER 12/2014** skorpion's Avatar

Bayonets, nuff said.
    "Who wins a bayonet fight? The guy with the last bullet."

Quote Originally Posted by davepool View Post
    Went to my oldest son's condo for veterans day. This photo is from his balcony on the 22nd floor of downtown Phoenix. Among other things, we discussed which of my rifles would be best to repel zombies form his vantage point, he felt my .308 Sig SSG 3000 would be best, i'm more in favor of my Savage .300 win.mag.

He has a Glock G20 with 10 mags jusstt in case they make to his door, maybe 100 gallons of hot grease thrown over the side might keep them from getting that far, mmmm yummy,deep fried zombie
    Man, it would give me anxiety if I had to look out the window and see skyscrapers every morning! 22nd floor? That's .338 Lapua territory right there.

Quote Originally Posted by skorpion View Post

Man, it would give me anxiety if I had to look out the window and see skyscrapers every morning! 22nd floor? That's .338 Lapua territory right there.
    Who uses a bayonet as long as they have bullets in the weapon? You use it when you run dry and if you still have a threat up close and not enough time to reload.
    Last edited by Schuetzenman; 11-16-2014 at 10:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by skorpion View Post

Yep downtown phoenix has changed a lot since i was a kid. That glass sided building on the right side of the photo is where the old Woolworths was, i remember riding our horses up from south Phoenix and tying them to the parking meters while we went in and got a milkshake from the soda fountain. The tallest building then was only 10 stories. There are 32 floors in his building, not my cup of tea either, the $48,000.00/ year lease could be much better spent but he's an engineer and all the up and coming professionals live like this, so he says. Fuck, i raised a damned Yuppie, a gun toten yuppie, but a yuppie none the less

Quote Originally Posted by davepool View Post
    Yep downtown phoenix has changed a lot since i was a kid. That glass sided building on the right side of the photo is where the old Woolworths was, i remember riding our horses up from south Phoenix and tying them to the parking meters while we went in and got a milkshake from the soda fountain. The tallest building then was only 10 stories. There are 32 floors in his building, not my cup of tea either, the $48,000.00/ year lease could be much better spent but he's an engineer and all the up and coming professionals live like this, so he says. Fuck, i raised a damned Yuppie, a gun toten yuppie, but a yuppie none the less
    Hold the phone? His condo in the hood costs him $4k a month?!?

I'm an engineer too and probrably about his age but I aint no yuppie.

48K a year rent! Man that is pissing money down a drain! He is building zero equity, money lost forever.

Who uses a bayonet as long as they have bullets in the weapon? You use it when you run dry and if you still have a threat up close and not enough time to reload.
    Or you can use them to coerce the unarmed.
    "I'm fucking furious, I'm violently angry, and I like it. If you don't know what that feels like then I feel bad for you"

48K a year rent! Man that is pissing money down a drain! He is building zero equity, money lost forever.
    He owns a house too. The engineering firm he works for now recruited him and gave him a 50K signing bonus. He designs and engineers high end mechanical systems for big mega factories, he's designed systems for Intel, Audi, and the government, his current project is the Apple sapphire glass plant in the east valley.

I'm glad he's doing well, but like you,my wife and i think he could be a little more frugal cause he can't move back home, i turned his old room into my gun room and i ain't giving it up

But, back to the topic. I think folks who live in high rise condos would be sitting ducks, you're bound to run out of ammo and buckets of hot grease and then you're trapped.
    Last edited by davepool; 11-16-2014 at 04:16 PM.

theres always throwing jars of piss.
    PRAISE KEK
    FATHER OF CHAOS
    BRINGER OF DAY
    IN THY WEBBED HANDS WE PLACE OUR FAITH
    SHADILAY, SHADILAY!

Quote Originally Posted by Helen Keller View Post
    theres always throwing jars of piss.
    Make sure you let it sit out for a little while so the ammonia can evaporate and allow bacteria to start growing.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast