Thread: Buffalo, NY wants to seize guns from deceased family members

**Team GunsNet SILVER 12/2014** skorpion's Avatar

Buffalo, NY wants to seize guns from deceased family members

Buffalo, NY officials apparently skim the obituaries and then compare the names of the deceased with those in gun owner databases so they can go confiscate the firearms. Family members of the deceased supposedly have 15 days to secure the necessary paperwork in order to attempt to keep the guns: That is, if they even know about this process.

Proof that registration leads to confiscation:

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2014/11/14...cmp=latestnews

Derrenda said guns pose a threat if their owner is no longer alive to safeguard them, especially if a recently-deceased gun owner's home is burglarized.

"At times they lay out there and the family is not aware of them and they end up just out on the street," he said, according to WGRZ.com.
    Yes, because the minute those pesky guns find out about their owner dying, they get up and walk right out of the house!
    The pen is mightier than the sword, but only when you're shoving it through your enemy's throat.
    USMC Active Duty, 2004-2008
    Gunsnet Member since January 2003

PRAISE KEK
    FATHER OF CHAOS
    BRINGER OF DAY
    IN THY WEBBED HANDS WE PLACE OUR FAITH
    SHADILAY, SHADILAY!

Quote Originally Posted by skorpion View Post
    Buffalo, NY officials apparently skim the obituaries and then compare the names of the deceased with those in gun owner databases so they can go confiscate the firearms. Family members of the deceased supposedly have 15 days to secure the necessary paperwork in order to attempt to keep the guns: That is, if they even know about this process.

Proof that registration leads to confiscation:

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2014/11/14...cmp=latestnews
    Here's the mayor of Buffalo, NY, Byron Brown

He was one of Michael "Gas Chamber Jew" Bloomberg's "Mayors Against Guns". Figures.

The guy is a real dickhead. And, you can wet his lips and stick him to the wall easily.

I don't live in Buffalo, but I do have a NY CHL (aka "Pistol Permit"). My oldest son also has one, and all my pistols are also on his, so if I croak, they remain in the family.

Plus, my wife knows "No warrant, No entry", and she knows that the rifles and pistols are all legal and not "eligible" to be snagged by the cops.

And if they disagree, well there's another alternative.....
    Last edited by Krupski; 11-14-2014 at 11:12 AM.
    Gentlemen may prefer Blondes, but Real Men prefer Redheads!

Quote Originally Posted by skorpion View Post
    Yes, because the minute those pesky guns find out about their owner dying, they get up and walk right out of the house!
    My now deceased nextdoor neighbor was a Vietnam Veteran and (I don't know how) he brought back his M-16 rifle. It was a nice one... the older triangle handguard SP-1 type (except it wasn't an SP-1, it was a military M16). I saw it and tried not to drool as I fondled it.

One of his friends (a fellow VN Veteran) now has it, and I have no idea where that guy is now.

Gosh... a horrible, illegal full auto MACHINE GUN!!! And all the years he had it in his house, it hurt absolutely ZERO people.

Quite amazing, when you think of all the guns that get up at night, sneak out of the house and start shooting people all by themselves...
    Gentlemen may prefer Blondes, but Real Men prefer Redheads!

Team Guns Network Silver 04/2013 alismith's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Krupski View Post
    Quite amazing, when you think of all the guns that get up at night, sneak out of the house and start shooting people all by themselves...
    This is why the government wants to collect them...so they can't do that.

An interesting quote I found:

"If guns kill people,
    then pencils misspell words,
    car make people drive drunk, and
    spoons make people fat."
    "Valar morghulis; valar dohaeris."

Commucrats are most efficient at converting sins and crimes to accidents or misunderstandings.-Oswald Bastable

Making good people helpless won't make bad people harmless.

Freedom isn't free.

"Attitude is the paintbrush that colors our world." TV Series, Haven.

My Spirit Animal has rabies.

I'd rather be an American than a Democrat.

"If you can make a man afraid, you can control him" Netflix Series, The Irregulars

This is of course outrageous. I (unfortunately) live in a upscale neighborhood that is predominantly ultra liberal. Ugh. But my neighbors DO have the sense to call me and ask me to assess the value of the gun collections that belonged to their recently deceased grandpas or uncles or fathers or brothers. I can usually tell them what's low value and what could be HIGH value collectible. BUT 15 DAYS?!?!?!?!?! Many funerals take more than 15 days to organize and plan after someone dies. The family is still grieving. What kind of fucking psycho demands the guns RIGHT AFTER the death of a loved one?

I also tell the owners that they will get a lot more money selling the guns on an auction site and selling to the END USER rather than taking a 50% or more dollar hit by selling it on consignment to a gun store. I know of a local gun store that won't pay more than $250 for ANY used or new in box semi auto pistol. USP, Walther P99, FN FiveseveN, doesn't matter. Fuck that. Sell it to an end user on a place like Gun broker and transfer it legally.

Team GunsNet Platinum 02/2015 davepool's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Krupski View Post
    My now deceased nextdoor neighbor was a Vietnam Veteran and (I don't know how) he brought back his M-16 rifle. It was a nice one... the older triangle handguard SP-1 type (except it wasn't an SP-1, it was a military M16). I saw it and tried not to drool as I fondled it.

One of his friends (a fellow VN Veteran) now has it, and I have no idea where that guy is now.

Gosh... a horrible, illegal full auto MACHINE GUN!!! And all the years he had it in his house, it hurt absolutely ZERO people.

My dad brought his M1 Garand back from korea, i didn't find out he had it until i was 21 when my grandfather died and we went his house and got it out the attic where it had been stashed for 20 years, he wouldn't tell me how he got it home and that was the last time i saw it.

I heard stories from my Marine buddies who sent home M-16's in pieces sealed up in speaker cabinets, they claimed it was lost in a fire fight, got issued a new one and had to pay back the $127 for losing it.

Team Guns Network Silver 04/2013 alismith's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by davepool View Post
    My dad brought his M1 Garand back from korea, i didn't find out he had it until i was 21 when my grandfather died and we went his house and got it out the attic where it had been stashed for 20 years, he wouldn't tell me how he got it home and that was the last time i saw it.

I heard stories from my Marine buddies who sent home M-16's in pieces sealed up in speaker cabinets, they claimed it was lost in a fire fight, got issued a new one and had to pay back the $127 for losing it.
    A deceased friend of mine was a Viet Nam vet and served as an MP. When he was coming back to the states, he decided to try and bring back a few AK's he managed to "find" around camp. He wrapped them in clothes and stuffed them in a duffel bag. While getting ready to board the plane, he noticed other MP's going through peoples' bags, searching for contraband. He got nervous and put that duffel bag elsewhere. When it was his turn to be checked, the MP's saw he was a fellow MP and didn't even bother searching his stuff...just motioned him through. He was really upset that, had he known they weren't going to check him, he could have brought back some neat shit...
    "Valar morghulis; valar dohaeris."

Commucrats are most efficient at converting sins and crimes to accidents or misunderstandings.-Oswald Bastable

Making good people helpless won't make bad people harmless.

Freedom isn't free.

"Attitude is the paintbrush that colors our world." TV Series, Haven.

My Spirit Animal has rabies.

I'd rather be an American than a Democrat.

"If you can make a man afraid, you can control him" Netflix Series, The Irregulars