Thread: A Russian Plane Zaps U.S. Warship’s Missile Defense System

A Russian Plane Zaps U.S. Warship’s Missile Defense System

An unarmed Russian bomber in April flew over a high-tech U.S. ship. A crew member pressed a button. Poof! No more missile defense system on the ship. No more radar. The ship became a defenseless floating coffin.

Then the plane flew over the blind ship a dozen times. Basically, it was “Nyah, nyah, nyah.”

This story got no play in American media.

On 10 April 2014, the USS Donald Cook entered the waters of the Black Sea and on 12 April a Russian Su-24 tactical bomber flew over the vessel triggering an incident that, according to several media reports, completely demoralized its crew, so much so that the Pentagon issued a protest.

The USS Donald Cook (DDG-75) is a 4th generation guided missile destroyer whose key weapons are Tomahawk cruise missiles with a range of up to 2,500 kilometers, and capable of carrying nuclear explosives. This ship carries 56 Tomahawk missiles in standard mode, and 96 missiles in attack mode.

The US destroyer is equipped with the most recent Aegis Combat System. It is an integrated naval weapons systems which can link together the missile defense systems of all vessels embedded within the same network, so as to ensure the detection, tracking and destruction of hundreds of targets at the same time. In addition, the USS Donald Cook is equipped with 4 large radars, whose power is comparable to that of several stations. For protection, it carries more than fifty anti-aircraft missiles of various types.

Meanwhile, the Russian Su-24 that buzzed the USS Donald Cook carried neither bombs nor missiles but only a basket mounted under the fuselage, which, according to the Russian newspaper Rossiyskaya Gazeta, contained a Russian electronic warfare device called Khibiny.

As the Russian jet approached the US vessel, the electronic device disabled all radars, control circuits, systems, information transmission, etc. on board the US destroyer. In other words, the all-powerful Aegis system, now hooked up — or about to be — with the defense systems installed on NATO’s most modern ships was shut down, as turning off the TV set with the remote control.

The Russian Su-24 then simulated a missile attack against the USS Donald Cook, which was left literally deaf and blind. As if carrying out a training exercise, the Russian aircraft — unarmed — repeated the same maneuver 12 times before flying away.

After that, the 4th generation destroyer immediately set sail towards a port in Romania.

Since that incident, which the Atlanticist media have carefully covered up despite the widespread reactions sparked among defense industry experts, no US ship has ever approached Russian territorial waters again.

According to some specialized media, 27 sailors from the USS Donald Cook requested to be relieved from active service.

Vladimir Balybine — director of the research center on electronic warfare and the evaluation of so-called “visibility reduction” techniques attached to the Russian Air Force Academy — made the following comment: “The more a radio-electronic system is complex, the easier it is to disable it through the use of electronic warfare.”

In short, “back to the drawing board!”
    http://www.lewrockwell.com/2014/11/g...fense-system/?

Wonder if this is true.
    However, I'm sure 0bama would be delighted by it.
    "And how we burned in the camps later thinking, what would things have been like, if every security operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain, whether he would return alive and had to say good-bye to his family?"

Indiana, a state that is trying to remain free.
    If true we should learn from it, adapt our defenses and make sure it can never happen again.

Team GunsNet Platinum 02/2014 Hatedbysheeple's Avatar

This is a typical Russian propaganda piece. I don't know what Putin is up to, but I doubt it's any good.
    Initial Success or Total Failure

I'd like to get ltorlo's take on it, but this sounds like bullshit.

This seems to be the wrong place and time to reveal such a technology to an enemy. Why wouldn't you wait to use this weapon in actual combat rather than use it as alleged by the story, when the enemy has the potential time to develop countermeasures and harden their systems to resist it? If factual it may have been done to put the skeer into the 0bamaregim.
    "And how we burned in the camps later thinking, what would things have been like, if every security operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain, whether he would return alive and had to say good-bye to his family?"

Guns Network Lifetime Member #2

With all the traitors in gov't like the titular marxist head who is emaciating the military, I don't find it hard to believe the Russians and Chinese know how to defeat our technological achievements. Just the atomic bomb and it's stolen secrets shows how easy it is.

Quote Originally Posted by 1 Patriot-of-many View Post
    With all the traitors in gov't like the titular marxist head who is emaciating the military, I don't find it hard to believe the Russians and Chinese know how to defeat our technological achievements. Just the atomic bomb and it's stolen secrets shows how easy it is.
    With the ultra tight security that surrounded the Manhattan Project, I'm amazed that spies were able to do what they did.

I am not, however, surprised at all at who the spies were...
    Gentlemen may prefer Blondes, but Real Men prefer Redheads!

Quote Originally Posted by Krupski View Post
    With the ultra tight security that surrounded the Manhattan Project, I'm amazed that spies were able to do what they did.

I am not, however, surprised at all at who the spies were...
    Most of it was even out in the open, Massive transfers of technology during WWII. Planeloads of documents, plans, and technological achievements in factory production given to Stalin by FDR. This doesn't even delve into the massive lend lease of munitions and armament that allowed that antichrist to continue his rein of terror. Indeed Democrats were and are at the heart of it.

Team GunsNet Silver 12/2011 N/A's Avatar

Texas...at the intersection of I-20 and the Korean War Veterans Memorial Higheway
    Quote..." to some specialized media, 27 sailors from the USS Donald Cook requested to be relieved from active service."

If that don't tell you that is propaganda bullshit, nothing will.
    No enemy of America would have ever been killed if they didn't show up to be killed. HDR

Team Guns Network Silver 04/2013 alismith's Avatar

Not even going to try and guess if this incident were true or not, but this is just the sort of electronic weapons Nikola Tesla was working on (and claimed to have developed). When Tesla died, his genius was underrated by our government, but the Russians were highly interested. Enough so that they broke into his lab and apartment and took all of his notes they could find.

There is some proof that they were experimenting with his frequencies back in the late 70's or early 80's. My guess would be that they've continued their studies and that led to the development of this type of weapon.

If you ever get the chance to read about Tesla, it's a fascinating read and his genius, in electronics and electricity, is without equal.
    "Valar morghulis; valar dohaeris."

Commucrats are most efficient at converting sins and crimes to accidents or misunderstandings.-Oswald Bastable

Making good people helpless won't make bad people harmless.

Freedom isn't free.

"Attitude is the paintbrush that colors our world." TV Series, Haven.

My Spirit Animal has rabies.

I'd rather be an American than a Democrat.

"If you can make a man afraid, you can control him" Netflix Series, The Irregulars

Hhmm - - I wonder if it could have been a "directed" magnetic pulse? They may have been testing a device like that to see if it was working and at what effective range.
    “I have little patience with people who take the Bill of Rights for granted. The Bill of Rights, contained in the first ten amendments to the Constitution, is every American’s guarantee of freedom.” - - President Harry S. Truman, “Years of Trial and Hope”

Quote Originally Posted by JTHunter View Post
    Hhmm - - I wonder if it could have been a "directed" magnetic pulse? They may have been testing a device like that to see if it was working and at what effective range.
    The article doesn't go into whether the electronics on board were toast or not permanently, but wondering the same. Good call. Scary stuff if true. They have been pretty aggressive lately, and with a traitorous marxist and gov't chock full of likeness in top slots controlling our country, I wouldn't doubt complicity since their goal is the same.

Quote Originally Posted by alismith View Post
    Not even going to try and guess if this incident were true or not, but this is just the sort of electronic weapons Nikola Tesla was working on (and claimed to have developed). When Tesla died, his genius was underrated by our government, but the Russians were highly interested. Enough so that they broke into his lab and apartment and took all of his notes they could find.

There is some proof that they were experimenting with his frequencies back in the late 70's or early 80's. My guess would be that they've continued their studies and that led to the development of this type of weapon.

If you ever get the chance to read about Tesla, it's a fascinating read and his genius, in electronics and electricity, is without equal.
    Indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by 1 Patriot-of-many View Post
    Actually, I'm far more concerned with our militaries purchase of electronics from foreign countries for use in combat.
    For example, a country that makes electronics gear for us could install code or hardware or carefully hidden faults and exploits for their own use or to sell this capability to our other enemies. That was my first thought when I read about this, that we had been betrayed by whoever made, upgraded, or administrated for the systems, they sold the means to disable our defenses to our enemies.

Quote Originally Posted by 5.56NATO View Post
    Actually, I'm far more concerned with our militaries purchase of electronics from foreign countries for use in combat.
    For example, a country that makes electronics gear for us could install code or hardware or carefully hidden faults and exploits for their own use or to sell this capability to our other enemies. That was my first thought when I read about this, that we had been betrayed by whoever made, upgraded, or administrated for the systems, they sold the means to disable our defenses to our enemies.
    Very true. Most of it comes from the Orient.

1Pat - the pulse would not have to fry the electronics, at least, not completely. All it needed to do was to interfere with or scramble the software long enough to take out the target.
    “I have little patience with people who take the Bill of Rights for granted. The Bill of Rights, contained in the first ten amendments to the Constitution, is every American’s guarantee of freedom.” - - President Harry S. Truman, “Years of Trial and Hope”