Thread: Great carry case for SBR

Great carry case for SBR

Last week or so I went down to the Texas coast. I needed a little time off for bad behavior and the winter rates are now in affect so I was able to get a great room right over the sand, and a balcony looking out onto the water. Anyhow, I needed a case to take my new SBR along so a shopping I went. This is what I came up with.

GREAT urban camouflage IMO. You don't get a second look at all carrying that into a 4 star hotel. There's actually a bit of padding to keep things safe. The zipper pocket goes the whole length so there is lots of storage. The only problem is that there are no straps to keep things from shifting.

Anyhow, just thought I'd share the idea.

Edit: 15 bucks at Wallyworld
    Last edited by L1A1Rocker; 11-18-2014 at 12:00 PM.
    US Constitution: Article 1 Section 8 Paragraph 4

The Congress shall have Power To establish an uniform Rule of Naturalization

Contributor 02/2014 FunkyPertwee's Avatar

Nice!

Need to get me one.

And an AR pistol!
    "I'm fucking furious, I'm violently angry, and I like it. If you don't know what that feels like then I feel bad for you"

Forum Administrator Schuetzenman's Avatar

Nice idea, doesn't look weaponish. But I must say ... Orlites ... I wouldn't pack those along. Got some P-Mags, Troy Battle Mags or the Lancers?
    BTW what is it exactly a tennis racket case?

Quote Originally Posted by Schuetzenman View Post
    Nice idea, doesn't look weaponish. But I must say ... Orlites ... I wouldn't pack those along. Got some P-Mags, Troy Battle Mags or the Lancers?
    BTW what is it exactly a tennis racket case?

Yes, it's a tennis racket case. The Orlite mags are intentional. Of course some just plain don't work so those are not used. But the deal is with the 300 blk round. The internal rib of the mags that hit the neck of the 223 case keeping them in alignment, hits the 300 blk on the bullet. There is a bit of variance in mag manufactures on that rib and that can be an "issue" with the 300blk. The Orlites typically work very well with the 300blk. The 3rd gen Pmags and Lancer L5s also work well. I'm waiting for some good deals on those mags and will buy them then. Untill then, the Orlits work.
    US Constitution: Article 1 Section 8 Paragraph 4

The Congress shall have Power To establish an uniform Rule of Naturalization

I'm totally with you on carry cases that don't attract attention ... The smallest case I've found to work with a carbine is a 17" laptop case. It's great for small SBR's like the CZ EVO3 (it'll have more room when my form 1 comes back) and my sps-10. I've got a violin case that easily holds SBR's and will work with several 16" guns with collapsible/folding stocks ... Even a standard brief case will work with a 10" AR-SBR if you don't mind splitting the halves and you may have to remove the sites. The only thing I don't like about the tennis racquet case & bat-bag is they're soft and they aren't padded.

Last edited by kimberkid; 07-07-2015 at 10:18 PM.