Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ALLAH INVITED IN, CHRISTIANS BOOTED OUT: Something’s Wrong In Colorado Schools

ALLAH INVITED IN, CHRISTIANS BOOTED OUT: Something’s Wrong In Colorado Schools

In Fort Collins, Colorado, Rocky Mountain High School Principle Tom Lopez has the students reciting “In Allah we Trust” in the name of diversity. Just a hundred miles south in the suburbs of Colorado Springs, the Principal of Pine Creek High School has banned groups discussing Christianity during free time to protect “the separation of church and state.” Confused yet?

For three years now Chase Windebank, a Pine Creek High School senior, has led a Christian based discussion group during free time when students are free to “do as they please.” In what Windebank claims is a direct violation of his first amendment right, he has now been told the group could no longer discuss God during free time because they are violating the “separation of church and state.”

Now Windebank, with the help of the Alliance for Defending Freedom law firm, is fighting back with a lawsuit to reclaim his First Amendment right to continue his religious discussion group. He now has the support of some powerful allies like Fox News columnist Todd Starnes and conservative columnist and entrepreneur Michelle Malkin.

On the other hand, Fort Colorado Principal Tom Lopez insists that reciting the Pledge of Allegiance in Arabic, as well as other languages, is a totally appropriate student-based decision coming from their “Culture Club” which “doesn’t fall under the umbrella of the district.”
    http://viral.buzz/one-colorado-schoo...lah-we-trust/#!
    "And how we burned in the camps later thinking, what would things have been like, if every security operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain, whether he would return alive and had to say good-bye to his family?"

Seems to me they both have the constitutional right to do these things.

So long as it's free time, student led, and no one is pressured by the faculty to participate, and no one from other religions are barred from being included, I see nothing wrong with a Christianity discussion group.

Nor do I have any issue with a club focusing on various cultures reciting the pledge in languages other than English. My understanding is students are no longer required to stand or recite the pledge if they choose not to...but obviously the peer pressure would likely be severe to do so.

I do think if the school is going to say the pledge, and say it in another language, then they should repeat it in English, so the kids are clear(er) on what it is they are saying.

As long as there are tests, there will always be prayer in schools.
    "And how we burned in the camps later thinking, what would things have been like, if every security operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain, whether he would return alive and had to say good-bye to his family?"

Quote Originally Posted by 5.56NATO View Post
    As long as there are tests, there will always be prayer in schools.
    It took a second for this to sink in... yeah you're so right!
    Gentlemen may prefer Blondes, but Real Men prefer Redheads!

Quote Originally Posted by Kadmos View Post
    Nor do I have any issue with a club focusing on various cultures reciting the pledge in languages other than English
    OMFG! Do you like stirring up shit, or do you TRULY believe that muslims and islam are just "another culture" and "another religion"?

Do you not see that everywhere lately "islam" is shoved down everyone's throat in the name of "cultural understanding" and First Amendment "rights", yet Christianity, Judaism and any other real religion is banned in the name of "separation of church and state"?

Newsflash: This is the United States of America. AMERICANS do not want "islam", they do not want "sharia law", they do not want their wives, sisters and daughters denigrated, degraded, forced to wear full body covering, beaten, tortured and beheaded for the least little thing. They don't want their kids programmed in school to think islam is a "good thing". They don't want their Flag soiled with "allah" and arabic "prayers".

That you can tolerate this crap, that you can always find ways to defend and justify it, that it doesn't ENRAGE you tells me that you are no American.

You may have been born here, but you are not an American at heart (where it COUNTS).

Why don't you just pack up and move to Afghanistan or some other islamic shithole?

There you would'nt need to "tolerate" or "justify" anything. You will have things just as you want them.

Maybe you can own a few wives and behead the ones you get tired of.

You can get your own carpet and kneel down however many time a day they do it and ask allah for guidance in carrying out your next jihad.

You can have some greasy child molester stand in front of you waving his index finger and telling you how awful the "Great Satan" is and how it's your duty to kill Americans.

Sounds great, huh?
    Last edited by Krupski; 11-23-2014 at 02:11 PM. Reason: typo

Indiana, a state that is trying to remain free.
    Still trying to find the separation of church and state in the constitution.

As for freedom of speech, considering the federal government has trashed that great document that set The United States of America apart from all others... I have no words.

Quote Originally Posted by Krupski View Post
    OMFG! Do you like stirring up shit, or do you TRULY believe that muslims and islam are just "another culture" and "another religion"?
    It has nothing to do with stirring up shit. The article made it clear that the club tries to have the pledge said in other languages. Arabic is a language, the word for god in Arabic is "Allah". Were it Greek it would be "Theos", Italian "Dio", German "Gott", etc.

Do you not see that everywhere lately "islam" is shoved down everyone's throat in the name of "cultural understanding" and First Amendment "rights", yet Christianity, Judaism and any other real religion is banned in the name of "separation of church and state"?
    Nope, for the most part I see Christianity shoved down everyone's throat in the name of "this is a Christian country". Two radio stations on my presets went to 24/7 holiday music shortly before Halloween. Stores are packed with typical plastic and porcelain Christmas junk, houses, stores, and government buildings get decorated with it, and far from least one of the main political parties goes on and on about how persecuted they are.

There is one, and only one religion that really gets pushed down Americas throat, and it ain't Islam.

Newsflash: This is the United States of America. AMERICANS do not want "islam", they do not want "sharia law", they do not want their wives, sisters and daughters denigrated, degraded, forced to wear full body covering, beaten, tortured and beheaded for the least little thing. They don't want their kids programmed in school to think islam is a "good thing". They don't want their Flag soiled with "allah" and arabic "prayers".
    Newsflash: This is the United States of America. AMERICANS want FREEDOM OF RELIGION, it's right there number 1 in our bill of rights. You wanna worship Jesus, Allah, or your belly button...go right ahead.

And of course the rest of America can use their free speech to say they think your religion is wrong, ridiculous, etc.

That you can tolerate this crap, that you can always find ways to defend and justify it, that it doesn't ENRAGE you tells me that you are no American.
    Hearing other languages doesn't enrage me, sorry.

You may have been born here, but you are not an American at heart (where it COUNTS).
    I actually believe in freedom of religion, so if you think being a real American means trying to quash other religions, perhaps you might be happier with the Taliban, they are also into that kind of shit.

Another cult that should be exterminated with extreme force.

Quote Originally Posted by blacksheep View Post
    Another cult that should be exterminated with extreme force.
    That seems harsh, some of my best friends are Christians.

Team GunsNet Bronze 07/2011 weevil's Avatar

Saying Allah in some sort of Arabic version..............meh, much ado about nothing.

Typical leftist teachers preaching their propaganda about "diversity".

But saying that students can't discuss their religious beliefs in their free time...........that's wrong!

Pure totalitarian, tyrannical, evil wrong!

And a slap in the face to the 1st amendment!

"Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

Just shameful what's happening to this state.

I think he meant islam.

Read this: http://www.jihadwatch.org/islam-101

Guns Network Lifetime Member #2

I've reached my quota of willing ignorance from the Demostooge. Seeya Douchebag1. {ignore}

Quote Originally Posted by Krupski View Post
    I think he meant islam.
    Either way.... still harsh.

Thanks, although I do have a pretty good understanding of the basics of Islam

Ah the troll response I expected, you sir do not disappoint.

Quote Originally Posted by blacksheep View Post
    Ah the troll response I expected, you sir do not disappoint.
    Usually the term "cult" seems to be defined as a religion not one's own.

And usually the only defense against being called a cult is to say it's a "mainstream" religion. It's hardly like Islam is some obscure practice, it's a huge percent of the worlds population. Obviously the same goes for Christianity.

If you want to talk about poor behavior, I think Jesus summed it up nicely, "let him who is without sin cast the first stone".

Quote Originally Posted by 1 Patriot-of-many View Post
    I've reached my quota of willing ignorance from the Demostooge. Seeya Douchebag1. {ignore}
    You know he revels (and likely self-flagellates for pleasure) each time another member puts him on ignore...
    If we refuse to rule ourselves with reason, then we shall be ruled by our passions.

He, Who Will Not Reason, Is a Bigot; He, Who Cannot, Is a Fool; and He, Who Dares Not, Is a Slave. -Sir William Drummond

There are some things I will not abide within my sight!

Quote Originally Posted by Oswald Bastable View Post
    You know he revels (and likely self-flagellates for pleasure) each time another member puts him on ignore...
    Self-flagellation is mostly a Christian thing...although it is another thing Christianity shares with Islam, as Shiites practice it as well on occasion.

Jews...yeah, not so much. Certainly isn't my cup of tea.

Teacher says, "Every time he's put on ignore, Kadmos has another whoregasm."

In keeping with the season...
    If we refuse to rule ourselves with reason, then we shall be ruled by our passions.

He, Who Will Not Reason, Is a Bigot; He, Who Cannot, Is a Fool; and He, Who Dares Not, Is a Slave. -Sir William Drummond

There are some things I will not abide within my sight!

Quote Originally Posted by Oswald Bastable View Post
    Teacher says, "Every time he's put on ignore, Kadmos has another whoregasm."

In keeping with the season...
    Really doesn't make a difference one way or the other to me.

I do find it a bit telling that those who dish it out to others don't seem to be able to take it in the least.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast