Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: This is why I live here

Bused in agitators, right from Obamas playbook.................. national guard with orders to shoot criminals in the act will end it real quick.

Quote Originally Posted by N/A View Post
    If that's what you thought, and if that what they thought, that everyone would just go home...what utter stupidity.
    Naive,..... in hindsight.

The truth though is a peaceful protest did take place and then went home. Sadly what stayed were punks and looky-loos, and of course the cops to shut them down. Which they did. Sadly some windows got busted and a few things taken before the cops could shut it down.

Team GunsNet Silver 12/2011 N/A's Avatar

Texas...at the intersection of I-20 and the Korean War Veterans Memorial Higheway
    Quote Originally Posted by Kadmos View Post
    Naive,..... in hindsight.

The truth though is a peaceful protest did take place and then went home. Sadly what stayed were punks and looky-loos, and of course the cops to shut them down. Which they did. Sadly some windows got busted and a few things taken before the cops could shut it down.
    Some windows got broken? A few things were stolen? Cops shut it down?
    Do you whitewash for these black criminals much? Businesses were burned to the ground, scores of cars were torched, shots were fired. Your trying to paint a rosy picture on lawless anarchy is getting mighty thin.
    No enemy of America would have ever been killed if they didn't show up to be killed. HDR

Contributor 02/2014 FunkyPertwee's Avatar

Do you whitewash for these black criminals much? Businesses were burned to the ground, scores of cars were torched, shots were fired. Your trying to paint a rosy picture on lawless anarchy is getting mighty thin.
    “In a few isolated cases, perhaps, old women made off with small trinkets … to be used as Christmas presents…. Thanks to the outstanding discipline of the German people, only a few windows were broken in the riots.” - Goebbels, public statement in regards to Kristallnacht.
    "I'm fucking furious, I'm violently angry, and I like it. If you don't know what that feels like then I feel bad for you"

Quote Originally Posted by FunkyPertwee View Post
    “In a few isolated cases, perhaps, old women made off with small trinkets … to be used as Christmas presents…. Thanks to the outstanding discipline of the German people, only a few windows were broken in the riots.” - Goebbels, public statement in regards to Kristallnacht.
    Now you've got the relevance.
    If we refuse to rule ourselves with reason, then we shall be ruled by our passions.

He, Who Will Not Reason, Is a Bigot; He, Who Cannot, Is a Fool; and He, Who Dares Not, Is a Slave. -Sir William Drummond

There are some things I will not abide within my sight!

Contributor 02/2014 FunkyPertwee's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Oswald Bastable View Post
    Now you've got the relevance.
    Everyone needs a hint now and then.

There are a lot of differences, but in the end it they're both state-sponsored terror for political goals.

In this case its to bring affirmative action to the justice system, which I can tell you from personal experience is currently being called for in sociology classrooms in American colleges.
    "I'm fucking furious, I'm violently angry, and I like it. If you don't know what that feels like then I feel bad for you"

We're talking about two different places. I'm talking about what happened in my neighborhood, South St. Louis City...the area of S. Grand and Shaw.

If you're looking on social media it seems to be falling under #shaw

Here some windows got broken, a few things stolen, and a very small fire in one of the stores (quickly extinguished, quite possibly accidental).

This isn't Ferguson. Ferguson is about 10 miles north of here, in North St. Louis County.

These pictures of the cleanup, the paintings are all South City, not North County.

North County was serious fires and I believe a fair amount of looting.

South City is a diverse, tolerant area, known for artwork, foreign cuisine, culturally open.

Basically put, blacks, whites, asians, muslims, gays live here...mostly lower middle income, and who hangs out here are hipsters, socialites, trendy types.

When stuff started going down here it was probably 80% white, 20% black. Mostly 18-30 years old, and heavily hipster. These kids brought gas masks as fashion accessories, and got to go home with empty tear gas canisters as souvenirs.

Which frankly I think is what they came for. To videotape themselves yelling at cops and to go home with a tear gas canister and a shard of glass to turn into a necklace as proof of how amazing they are in their own minds.

As for Ferguson, I couldn't tell you, I'll have to dig to find out what cleanup they did, exactly what went down, etc. I was busy watching my own backyard at the time.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12