Thread: That face you make when a coworker says a Tec-9 is a badass gun

Senior Member Aggressive Perfector's Avatar

That face you make when a coworker says a Tec-9 is a badass gun

When I made this face and asked why in the fuck anybody would want that hunk of junk:
    Zach: Dude, because they look so bad ass! I mean, if somebody pointed one in your face you'd be scared.
    Me: No, I'd be more concerned about the guys standing 20 feet to the left and right of me and count how many shots it takes to jam. The only thing worse than the accuracy of these things is how much they jam. If you wanna feel like a retarded gang banger, I suggest sticking to sagging your pants and staying away from shitty "intimidating" guns. It's safer for everyone and your biggest worry will be "trippin'".
    "Never take pity on a blind man. He may not be able to see, but he saves a fortune by getting the butt ugly hookers".

Contributor 02/2014 FunkyPertwee's Avatar

Mine never jammed.

I keep it as part of 80's/90's nostalgia.

My uncle bought it sometime in the early 90's I think. He its mean looks were good enough to ward off jackasses on the rural highways. He claimed that pointing out of the window would cause other drivers to stop challenging him to races or trying to pull him off the road for a robbery.
    "I'm fucking furious, I'm violently angry, and I like it. If you don't know what that feels like then I feel bad for you"

I've shot one. At least 1 jam every 2 magazines. Steel case- forget about it. From all reports I've seen, many others have similar experiences.
    "Never take pity on a blind man. He may not be able to see, but he saves a fortune by getting the butt ugly hookers".

Quote Originally Posted by Aggressive Perfector View Post
    I've shot one. At least 1 jam every 2 magazines. Steel case- forget about it. From all reports I've seen, many others have similar experiences.
    As I said, I keep mine for nostalgia. I don't think its been shot a single time in the 21'st century.

It came from family, I loved it as a kid, plus its in Big Trouble in Little China, so it stays.
    "I'm fucking furious, I'm violently angry, and I like it. If you don't know what that feels like then I feel bad for you"

Fair enough, they are a cool looking gun, and affordable, but beyond that I just find them to be utter crap. Lot of people had them in the late '80's and early '90's. So far as I can see most (key word: most) of the people who liked them didn't shoot much better with Glocks and liked to wear their pants low. :P

Team Guns Network Silver 04/2015 mrkalashnikov's Avatar

True story.

I was handling one of these in a Chicago Heights gun shop back in the 80's. The owner who had handed it to me had an odd look on his face and I asked him what was up. He replied he didn't think the Tec was a suitable gun for me. I asked him why not. He replied, "Because you're white".

'Nuff said.

Forum Administrator Schuetzenman's Avatar

They do appeal to the gold tooth, chain and baggy panted crowd. I thought about getting one for oh ... maybe 30 seconds once. Then I picked it up and looked it over. Cured me quick.

Team Gunsnet SILVER 05/2012 deth502's Avatar

id pick one up if i found one cheap. ive thought about it before. not the best built gun, but something to toy around with. you can only get so many ak's and 1911's until you want to get something different. dont think id call it "bad ass" though. cant see it being that good.

Quote Originally Posted by Aggressive Perfector View Post

Hmmm. Not mine. I love my TECs. Of course they're clunky and too heavy, but I hold them with both hands and I'm a good shot with them. I have only original OEM magazines that I got when I got the gun back in the 80s. None of those AFTERMARKET piece of crap magazines or any of the magazines made in the 1990s Again, I like them for only nostalgia purposes. But I haven't had any jams. Just lucky I guess.