Thread: Why Officer Wilson Was Not Indicted

Team Gunsnet Platinum 06/2016 ltorlo64's Avatar

Why Officer Wilson Was Not Indicted

It was the evidence. Not a cover up, at least not on the part of the police, but the evidence.

http://bigstory.ap.org/article/078c8...nconsistencies

I wonder if any charges of perjury will come out of this.
    "Nothing ever gets so bad that government "help" can't make it worse." Pat Garrett, March 22, 2014

"HATE IS GOOD, WHEN ITS DIRECTED AT EVIL." PROBASCO, April 20, 2012

I tried to push the envelope, but found that it was stationery.

Have you heard about the new corduroy pillows? They're making head lines!

NRA Endowment Member

Indiana, a state that is trying to remain free.
    While it is probably that some lied to the police, unfortunately witnesses are not always reliable, even though what they say is exactly what they truly think they saw. I had the privilege of getting in on a couple of aircraft accident investigations, and the person I shadowed warned me not to believe the first witness I interviewed. Boy was he correct, as although evidence showed one thing, we got responses all the way from the obvious; "the plane crashed across the road" to " the plane was on fire as it overshot the runway". Nobody saw that as the plane crossed the road passed the runway, it hit an automobile which is what caused it to flip over. There was no fire, and thankfully everyone walked away in this instance.

So I unfortunately have to add that proverbial grain of salt when I hear a witness swear that they saw what they saw. And find if sad/funny when the true evidence shows they did not really see what they thought they did. Unfortunately in the case of the gentle Mr. Brown, some witnesses said what they were either told to, or wanted to say in order to stir things up.

Team Gunsnet Platinum 06/2016 ltorlo64's Avatar

I have to do investigations every once in while as well. I understand what you are saying about what people perceive vice what actually happens. I do find that peoples testimony when combined with physical evidence will generally provide a good idea of what happened, as long as you get the witnesses before they can start to adjust their memories. The people I am think should be looked at for perjury are the ones that admitted to changing their testimony to try to better fit the evidence or the ones that actually admitted to making up their testimony based on what they "knew had happened." I have to wonder if their experience, which they site as the reason believing that the only logical explanation was for the police to execute Mr. Brown, was developed from the same sort of made up testimony. Testimony that was made up to suit their prejudices, and not questioned by others with the same prejudice, so that the prejudice is propagated and re-enforced by lies and falsehoods.
    "Nothing ever gets so bad that government "help" can't make it worse." Pat Garrett, March 22, 2014

"HATE IS GOOD, WHEN ITS DIRECTED AT EVIL." PROBASCO, April 20, 2012

I tried to push the envelope, but found that it was stationery.

Have you heard about the new corduroy pillows? They're making head lines!

NRA Endowment Member

A great movie on the subject/accuracy of witness testimony.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rashomon

Forum Administrator Schuetzenman's Avatar

Why Officer Wilson Was Not Indicted
    Ultimately because he acted according to the rules and was defending himself against a thug that had no fear of an armed Police Officer.

Team GunsNet Gold 03/2014

Just a thought... I'm watching the Seattle San Fran game. When the players were introduced, there are two on each team that have gone directly to pro football from high school.

Has no-one compared the size of the deceased, "unarmed" 18 year old to the "white policeman" who shot him?

Bottom line here...

There are plenty of examples of cops gone wrong...

The left has tried making 'citizen gone wrong' and 'cop gone wrong' out of two cases in which in can be argued, persuasively, that both citizen and cop were right. What is the takeaway from this?

The left needs to make right into wrong, white into black...they need to demonize legitimate use of arms, by honest citizens and by cops who play by the rules.

That suits the disarmament agenda.
    If we refuse to rule ourselves with reason, then we shall be ruled by our passions.

He, Who Will Not Reason, Is a Bigot; He, Who Cannot, Is a Fool; and He, Who Dares Not, Is a Slave. -Sir William Drummond

There are some things I will not abide within my sight!