Thread: Americans Bought More Guns Than Flat Screen TV’s On Black Friday

Americans Bought More Guns Than Flat Screen TV’s On Black Friday

Adan Salazar: Shoppers participating in the post-Thanksgiving consumerist phenomenon known as Black Friday typically tend to purchase useless material possessions they don’t really need.

This past holiday, however, many Americans demonstrated that they’re more interested in their Second Amendment rights than flat screen TVs or cheap DVDs.

According to the FBI, last Friday saw a staggering 175,000 background checks processed via the agency’s National Instant Criminal Background Check System, a number the agency says made Friday the second highest gun purchase day ever.
    http://marketdailynews.com/2014/12/0....sgozLaja.dpuf

I wonder who or what is trigerring all this gun buying?
    "And how we burned in the camps later thinking, what would things have been like, if every security operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain, whether he would return alive and had to say good-bye to his family?"

Forum Administrator Schuetzenman's Avatar

You know what's .... triggering all the gun buying. BTW, take note of how to spell triggering.

Guns Network Contributor 04/2013 El Laton Caliente's Avatar

My two AR kits weren't counted...
    We found out what "dealing" with progressive lefties is all about. Our side gives up something, they give up nothing and the progressives come back in a month or a year and want us to give up more... rinse and repeat...

I thought the rush was over, guess not.

PA, where the cold is only matched by the isolation
    Quote Originally Posted by NAPOTS View Post
    I thought the rush was over, guess not.
    With the large influx of new shooters that the panic brought it makes sense that there would be higher sales afterwards

Awesome
    Here's to pussy and gunpowder. One to live for, the other to die by.....Goddamn though, I do love the smell of 'em both !!!

Team Gunsnet Silver 02/14 - Moderator recon's Avatar

Makes my day!
    Buy It Cheap!
    Stack It Deep!

Original Member-July-1999!

I bought a 357 wheel gun....Id rather look at it than a tv anyway.

Indiana, a state that is trying to remain free.
    I wonder how many more would have sold if places like commiefornia, Nueva York and other areas that don't believe in the second amendment actually joined the nation and observed the constitution?

Quote Originally Posted by imanaknut View Post
    I wonder how many more would have sold if places like commiefornia, Nueva York and other areas that don't believe in the second amendment actually joined the nation and observed the constitution?
    Youd be surprised how many guns they sell out here, at least in this part of the state anyway. They had some black friday specials at sportsmans warehouse on shotguns and pistols and the line went around the store.

Quote Originally Posted by 5.56NATO View Post
    Adan Salazar: Shoppers participating in the post-Thanksgiving consumerist phenomenon known as Black Friday typically tend to purchase useless material possessions they don’t really need.

This past holiday, however, many Americans demonstrated that they’re more interested in their Second Amendment rights than flat screen TVs or cheap DVDs.

According to the FBI, last Friday saw a staggering 175,000 background checks processed via the agency’s National Instant Criminal Background Check System, a number the agency says made Friday the second highest gun purchase day ever.
    http://marketdailynews.com/2014/12/0....sgozLaja.dpuf

I wonder who or what is trigerring all this gun buying?
    It's "something in the air". We can all feel it. Something big and bad is looming just over the horizon. And We, the People, want to be prepared.

Funny thing is, the legislators STILL believe that We, the People, will register and surrender anything THEY see fit to deny us.

Newsflash: We ain't buyin' them for duck hunting, and we ain't buyin' them just to give 'em away.

Wonder when "they" will finally get the hint?
    Gentlemen may prefer Blondes, but Real Men prefer Redheads!

Contributor 02/2014 FunkyPertwee's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ubersoldate View Post
    I bought a 357 wheel gun....Id rather look at it than a tv anyway.
    Well... lets see it.
    "I'm fucking furious, I'm violently angry, and I like it. If you don't know what that feels like then I feel bad for you"

Forum Administrator Schuetzenman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Krupski View Post
    Wonder when "they" will finally get the hint?
    They're slow witted and will only understand at that moment when the rope snaps taught at the end of the fall.

Quote Originally Posted by NAPOTS View Post
    Youd be surprised how many guns they sell out here, at least in this part of the state anyway. They had some black friday specials at sportsmans warehouse on shotguns and pistols and the line went around the store.
    I think many people really don't understand our crazy laws out here. The reality is there is just as many gun sales as Az or Texas. Its just weird how the DOJ list changes so much...Both the guys who worked for me bought shotguns that weekend as well.. A ton of great deals! You ever use Golden state tactical?

I gotta get off my butt and get a photo acct....Start get some gun pics going again...Soon!

I am a little ashamed, its a Taurus, but its ok....Not really a fan, but the deal was too good. Model 66 with 6 inch barrel...I don't any hog leg guns, so I figured I might as well start!

Contributor 02/2014 FunkyPertwee's Avatar

I gotta get off my butt and get a photo acct....Start get some gun pics going again...Soon!

I am a little ashamed, its a Taurus, but its ok....Not really a fan, but the deal was too good. Model 66 with 6 inch barrel...I don't any hog leg guns, so I figured I might as well start!
    I had a bad experience with a Taurus made Rossi and swore off South American DA revolvers.

But if yours works, then by all means enjoy. At least you'll already be set with a holster, ammo, and speed loaders if you ever decide to upgrade to a Smith.
    "I'm fucking furious, I'm violently angry, and I like it. If you don't know what that feels like then I feel bad for you"

I think many people really don't understand our crazy laws out here. The reality is there is just as many gun sales as Az or Texas. Its just weird how the DOJ list changes so much...Both the guys who worked for me bought shotguns that weekend as well.. A ton of great deals! You ever use Golden state tactical?
    Yes, I have transferred 4 or 5 guns through Bobby, he lives about 3 miles away. He is always good to deal with.

I know so many people who own ARs its ridiculous. When you go out to the range its the majority of rifles on the line.