Thread: Judge Posner stabs us in the back

Judge Posner stabs us in the back

Judge Richard Posner of the U.S. 7th Circuit Court of Appeals, the judge who helped throw out Illinois' onerous anti-carry laws, has said that we have "no right to privacy".
    This is all in the name of "national security".

Judge: Give NSA unlimited access to digital data

The U.S. National Security Agency should have an unlimited ability to collect digital information in the name of protecting the country against terrorism and other threats, an influential federal judge said during a debate on privacy.

“I think privacy is actually overvalued,” Judge Richard Posner, of the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit, said during a conference about privacy and cybercrime in Washington, D.C., Thursday.
    http://www.pcworld.com/article/28557...ml#tk.nl_today
    “I have little patience with people who take the Bill of Rights for granted. The Bill of Rights, contained in the first ten amendments to the Constitution, is every American’s guarantee of freedom.” - - President Harry S. Truman, “Years of Trial and Hope”

Indiana, a state that is trying to remain free.
    Chairman Mao would be proud of this guy. Comrade Stalin would be proud of this guy. Herr Hitler would be proud of this guy. King Barack must be proud of this guy.

Team Guns Network Silver 04/2013 alismith's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by imanaknut View Post
    Chairman Mao would be proud of this guy. Comrade Stalin would be proud of this guy. Herr Hitler would be proud of this guy. King Barack must be proud of this guy.
    Sounds like he's trying to get a spot on SCOTUS should King Barakoba have a slot to fill...
    "Valar morghulis; valar dohaeris."

Commucrats are most efficient at converting sins and crimes to accidents or misunderstandings.-Oswald Bastable

Making good people helpless won't make bad people harmless.

Freedom isn't free.

"Attitude is the paintbrush that colors our world." TV Series, Haven.

My Spirit Animal has rabies.

I'd rather be an American than a Democrat.

"If you can make a man afraid, you can control him" Netflix Series, The Irregulars

Quote Originally Posted by JTHunter View Post
    Judge Richard Posner of the U.S. 7th Circuit Court of Appeals, the judge who helped throw out Illinois' onerous anti-carry laws, has said that we have "no right to privacy".
    This is all in the name of "national security".

http://www.pcworld.com/article/28557...ml#tk.nl_today
    He's just your typical Gas Chamber Jew. On one hand he's all for spying and collecting information on American citizens:

The U.S. National Security Agency should have an unlimited ability to collect digital information in the name of protecting the country against terrorism and other threats, an influential federal judge said during a debate on privacy.

“I think privacy is actually overvalued,” Judge Richard Posner, of the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit, said during a conference about privacy and cybercrime in Washington, D.C., Thursday.
    “Much of what passes for the name of privacy is really just trying to conceal the disreputable parts of your conduct,” Posner added. “Privacy is mainly about trying to improve your social and business opportunities by concealing the sorts of bad activities that would cause other people not to want to deal with you.”

But when it comes to recording cops, he says this:

As part of a three-judge panel on the 7th Circuit in Chicago, weighing a challenge to the Illinois Eavesdropping Act, which bars the secret recording of conversations without the consent of all the parties to the conversation, Posner was to deliver another memorable quote. At issue was the constitutionality of the Illinois wiretapping law, which makes it illegal to record someone without consent even when filming public acts like arrests in public. Posner interrupted the ACLU after just 14 words, stating, "Yeah, I know. But I’m not interested, really, in what you want to do with these recordings of peoples’ encounters with the police...." Posner continued: “Once all this stuff can be recorded, there’s going to be a lot more of this snooping around by reporters and bloggers.... I'm always suspicious when the civil liberties people start telling the police how to do their business."[23] The 7th Circuit upheld the challenge 2-1, striking down the Eavesdropping Act, but Posner wrote a dissenting opinion.

When the judges fail us, what option is left?
    Gentlemen may prefer Blondes, but Real Men prefer Redheads!

Senior Member Aggressive Perfector's Avatar

Where's "Anonymous" when you need them?
    "Never take pity on a blind man. He may not be able to see, but he saves a fortune by getting the butt ugly hookers".

Not only must your phone bills be processed by Israeli intelligence, the nsa must also share all your digital traffic with Israel as well.
    "And how we burned in the camps later thinking, what would things have been like, if every security operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain, whether he would return alive and had to say good-bye to his family?"

How many of you have ever seen the old Tom Laughlin film "Billy Jack"?
    Do any of you remember the name of the older man that was the "villain" in the movie?
    Yeah, that's right. Posner.
    I wonder how he would like it if somebody broadcast his SS number, home phone and address, DL number, etc., across the internet? Not to give hackers any ideas - -.
    “I have little patience with people who take the Bill of Rights for granted. The Bill of Rights, contained in the first ten amendments to the Constitution, is every American’s guarantee of freedom.” - - President Harry S. Truman, “Years of Trial and Hope”