Thread: Chuck Norris, meet your competitor: Sgt. Adam Johnson

**Team GunsNet SILVER 12/2014** skorpion's Avatar

Chuck Norris, meet your competitor: Sgt. Adam Johnson

On black Friday, a gunman was on the loose in Austin, TX. Sgt. Adam Johnson of the Austin PD was about to put a couple of horses in the stable for the night when he responded to the active shooter. While holding the reigns of two horses in one hand, Johnson unholstered his M&P .40 with the other hand. He then took aim, one-handed, and fired a single shot. The bullet traveled 312 feet before striking the gunman in the chest and ending the rampage.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2014/12/06...crazed-gunman/
    The pen is mightier than the sword, but only when you're shoving it through your enemy's throat.
    USMC Active Duty, 2004-2008
    Gunsnet Member since January 2003

Perfect gun control.
    PRAISE KEK
    FATHER OF CHAOS
    BRINGER OF DAY
    IN THY WEBBED HANDS WE PLACE OUR FAITH
    SHADILAY, SHADILAY!

wonder if the horses will need counseling after witnessing such a brutal act of violence.
    While no one ever listens to me,
    I am constantly being told to be quiet.

In a world of snowflakes,
    be the heat..

That's mighty unusual. How it works around here is you have a half-dozen cops less than 25 feet away from a suspect popping off over six dozen rounds, emptying multiple mags, lucky if 2 or 3 shots actually hit the perp and not any innocent bystanders before they run out of ammo.

Maybe the Austin PD needs to lease out some of its guys as consultants and teach other constabularies how to shoot.
    "That tyranny has all the vices both of democracy and oligarchy is evident. As of oligarchy so of tyranny, the end is wealth; (for by wealth only can the tyrant maintain either his guard or his luxury). Both mistrust the people, and therefore deprive them of their arms." -- Aristotle, Book V, 350 B.C.E

Quote Originally Posted by skorpion View Post
    On black Friday, a gunman was on the loose in Austin, TX. Sgt. Adam Johnson of the Austin PD was about to put a couple of horses in the stable for the night when he responded to the active shooter. While holding the reigns of two horses in one hand, Johnson unholstered his M&P .40 with the other hand. He then took aim, one-handed, and fired a single shot. The bullet traveled 312 feet before striking the gunman in the chest and ending the rampage.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2014/12/06...crazed-gunman/

When I saw the headline I assumed it had to be a rifle and a thought that a shot a little over 100 yards isn't that big of a deal. Then I read the story, Sir, my hat goes off to you, that was one hell of a shot...bet you couldn't do it again ;-)

Team GunsNet Platinum 02/2015 davepool's Avatar

I've made a 100 yd. shot like before with my 10mm glock, but only with a spotter helping "walk the shots" onto a 8" shoot-n-see target....only took 12 rounds to do it using 2 hands

Damn good shot by the officer.