Thread: The Honey Badger lives!

The Honey Badger lives!

I really thought this had faded into vaperware.

AAC’s Honey Badger is coming to market

The Honey Badger is coming, and this is what it might look like. Remington Outdoor Company Tactical Accessories Director Jeff Still and Senior Product Manager for silencers, Carlos Martinez confirmed Advanced Armament will bring the Honey Badger to the commercial market. They hinted at a release around the 2015 NRA annual show, but didn’t offer a price or an exact configuration. They did show the semi-auto version of the 300 AAC Blackout carbine shown above with AAC’s new Squaredrop handguard, though. The new handguard attaches to the barrel nut using a turnbuckle.

http://gearscout.militarytimes.com/2...t/#prettyPhoto
    US Constitution: Article 1 Section 8 Paragraph 4

The Congress shall have Power To establish an uniform Rule of Naturalization

just wow! that is a khaki rifle I like. was getting tired of black anyway.
    While no one ever listens to me,
    I am constantly being told to be quiet.

In a world of snowflakes,
    be the heat..

Quote Originally Posted by l921428x View Post
    just wow! that is a khaki rifle I like. was getting tired of black anyway.
    Robert has an informal poll right now at the 300blk forum about what color people would like to see. I'm partial to the burnt bronze color anodizing of the first prototype. The problem is that AAC has come out with a handgard they want to use on this thing and they can't match the anodizing because they are different alloys.

http://www.300blktalk.com/forum/view...?f=128&t=92480

Are the rumors that AAC might be dissolving as a company true?
    Here's to pussy and gunpowder. One to live for, the other to die by.....Goddamn though, I do love the smell of 'em both !!!

Quote Originally Posted by Partisan1983 View Post
    Are the rumors that AAC might be dissolving as a company true?
    According to Robert, Remington is simply moving the AAC facilities. I doubt that Remington would desolve the AAC brand. They paid a premium for it after all.

Forum Administrator Schuetzenman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by L1A1Rocker View Post
    According to Robert, Remington is simply moving the AAC facilities. I doubt that Remington would desolve the AAC brand. They paid a premium for it after all.
    Where are they moving it too? It isn't far from me here where I live in GA.

Quote Originally Posted by Schuetzenman View Post
    Where are they moving it too? It isn't far from me here where I live in GA.
    They will be leaving GA and heading to Huntsville, Alabama. I don't know when.

Quote Originally Posted by L1A1Rocker View Post
    They will be leaving GA and heading to Huntsville, Alabama. I don't know when.
    That's head scratcher for me. I don't know what Alabama would bring to the party vs. their current GA location. Only thing I can think of is the military base at Huntsville. Which may mean they're about to give the civilian market a big stiffy and jump 110% in bed with Uncle Sugar.

That's head scratcher for me. I don't know what Alabama would bring to the party vs. their current GA location. Only thing I can think of is the military base at Huntsville. Which may mean they're about to give the civilian market a big stiffy and jump 110% in bed with Uncle Sugar.

They've built a BIG facility in Huntsville and will be consolidating several divisions there.

Senior Member Aggressive Perfector's Avatar

Receiver looks very similar to an AR... Wonder if it works the same internally.
    "Never take pity on a blind man. He may not be able to see, but he saves a fortune by getting the butt ugly hookers".

Quote Originally Posted by Aggressive Perfector View Post
    Receiver looks very similar to an AR... Wonder if it works the same internally.
    Internally it is exactly like an AR. The outside of the receiver is modified to allow the use of the collapsible shoulder stock.

Senior Member Aggressive Perfector's Avatar

So it's just the stock setup and hand guard set up that are different. Otherwise pretty much identical. Maybe for someone with a large expendable income or somebody who doesn't already have an AR this might be a cool alternative.
    "Never take pity on a blind man. He may not be able to see, but he saves a fortune by getting the butt ugly hookers".

It is a very high speed low drag setup. If I had tons of money I might consider getting one. In as much as I'm not a lotto winner nor am I an "Operator" I just don't see it ever being on my purchase list. For one thing the .300 Blackout chambering is of zero use to me. Once again because I'm not an "Counter Terrorism Double Naught Spy Operator". If I wanted to hunt deer .300 BO would work but I already have that covered better with my .30-06 or my .308 rifles. I can't for see a reason why I want a .45 ACP powered rifle round in Sub Sonic mode. Way too expensive as a plinker grade round for the cost of a .30 ca. rifle bullet of 200 grs. or more in weight.

It is a very high speed low drag setup. If I had tons of money I might consider getting one. In as much as I'm not a lotto winner nor am I an "Operator" I just don't see it ever being on my purchase list. For one thing the .300 Blackout chambering is of zero use to me. Once again because I'm not an "Counter Terrorism Double Naught Spy Operator". If I wanted to hunt deer .300 BO would work but I already have that covered better with my .30-06 or my .308 rifles. I can't for see a reason why I want a .45 ACP powered rifle round in Sub Sonic mode. Way too expensive as a plinker grade round for the cost of a .30 ca. rifle bullet of 200 grs. or more in weight.
    HA! I caught that "double naught spy" reference. LOL!

You are correct. It's going to be very high end stuff from AAC/Remington. They have not released what kind of price these things are going to be. But considering how it's all proprietary AAC named stuff, I'm expecting somewhere around $2,500.00. WAY too rich for my blood, but I really like the concept of that shoulder stock.