Thread: damn found another cali. form

damn found another cali. form

found this in a different place, they really fuck with their citizens out there.

http://certguns.doj.ca.gov/
    While no one ever listens to me,
    I am constantly being told to be quiet.

In a world of snowflakes,
    be the heat..

Oh you have no idea.

If it wasn't for living up here in the Sierras, in a town that is run by two cops who I know and shoot with, I never would have made it here.
    The beauty of my property sells it for me though...

Senior Member Aggressive Perfector's Avatar

No offense to you, but you couldn't pay me to live in that commie state period, I don't care how beautiful the land scape is..
    "Never take pity on a blind man. He may not be able to see, but he saves a fortune by getting the butt ugly hookers".

Quote Originally Posted by Aggressive Perfector View Post
    No offense to you, but you couldn't pay me to live in that commie state period, I don't care how beautiful the land scape is..
    No offense to you, but some guys dig up something that's been around for FOURTEEN YEARS and use it to bitch about California?

Hey, I heard about that new fangled thingey called the Gun Control Act of 1968! What bullshit
    Last edited by tank_monkey; 12-12-2014 at 02:37 PM.

Team Gunsnet Platinum 06/2016 ltorlo64's Avatar

I found out about that list the first time I was stationed in CA. The scary thing about that list is that it changes. You can move into the state with a firearm on the list and be good, the list gets revised and suddenly you are on the wrong side of the law. It is a great example of why government should not be allowed to tell us what kinds of arms are legal and what are not.
    "Nothing ever gets so bad that government "help" can't make it worse." Pat Garrett, March 22, 2014

"HATE IS GOOD, WHEN ITS DIRECTED AT EVIL." PROBASCO, April 20, 2012

I tried to push the envelope, but found that it was stationery.

Have you heard about the new corduroy pillows? They're making head lines!

NRA Endowment Member

Quote Originally Posted by ltorlo64 View Post
    I found out about that list the first time I was stationed in CA. The scary thing about that list is that it changes. You can move into the state with a firearm on the list and be good, the list gets revised and suddenly you are on the wrong side of the law. It is a great example of why government should not be allowed to tell us what kinds of arms are legal and what are not.
    If you are moving to the state your handguns do not have to be on the list.

The list only pertains to guns being sold new in the state.

Quote Originally Posted by Aggressive Perfector View Post
    No offense taken. We all have to find our path. Mine has lead me to many places, and I have a feeling it might not end here!

Quote Originally Posted by NAPOTS View Post
    If you are moving to the state your handguns do not have to be on the list.

The list only pertains to guns being sold new in the state.
    That is good to know, though I don't have anything that is not certified for CA (at the moment!). I will have to recheck that.
    "Nothing ever gets so bad that government "help" can't make it worse." Pat Garrett, March 22, 2014

NRA Endowment Member

Guns Network Contributor 04/2013 El Laton Caliente's Avatar

I've been working out in Kali for almost a year now. Reading the state's web site left me more confused than anything. The part I don't like is having 60 days to report firearms you being into the state with you.
    We found out what "dealing" with progressive lefties is all about. Our side gives up something, they give up nothing and the progressives come back in a month or a year and want us to give up more... rinse and repeat...

Quote Originally Posted by El Laton Caliente View Post
    I've been working out in Kali for almost a year now. Reading the state's web site left me more confused than anything. The part I don't like is having 60 days to report firearms you being into the state with you.
    And that is quite the money-making scam they have, too. You have to pay something like $75 per firearm to register them. You cannot register more than one at a time so it becomes quite spendy.

I hear people clamor for gun registration but I have never seen any statistics on if it does anything to prevent or solve crimes. Ok, so I know registration will not prevent crime but does it do anything to solve crimes or is that why you don't hear about it, because it does not help solve crimes.

NRA Endowment Member

And that is quite the money-making scam they have, too. You have to pay something like $75 per firearm to register them. You cannot register more than one at a time so it becomes quite spendy.

I hear people clamor for gun registration but I have never seen any statistics on if it does anything to prevent or solve crimes. Ok, so I know registration will not prevent crime but does it do anything to solve crimes or is that why you don't hear about it, because it does not help solve crimes.

Sorry but that seems like FUDD too, http://oag.ca.gov/firearms/ab991 . $19 and seems like you can register them all at once for one fee.

Now DON'T think for a minute that I approve of this bullshit. I am very much against registration and think the law if fucked. I am just trying to post the facts. If I was moving to the state I would consider not registering.

All of my rifles were purchased before the registration requirement and are not registered. There was no retroactive requirement.

Sorry but that seems like FUDD too, http://oag.ca.gov/firearms/ab991 . $19 and seems like you can register them all at once for one fee.

Now DON'T think for a minute that I approve of this bullshit. I am very much against registration and think the law if fucked. I am just trying to post the facts. If I was moving to the state I would consider not registering.

All of my rifles were purchased before the registration requirement and are not registered. There was no retroactive requirement.
    Not a problem, I was posting what the requirement was when I was preparing to move their in about 2007. I am gathering information in preparation for going back but I had not re-verified the cost for registration. I agree that truth is the best information to use.

NRA Endowment Member

Not a problem, I was posting what the requirement was when I was preparing to move their in about 2007. I am gathering information in preparation for going back but I had not re-verified the cost for registration. I agree that truth is the best information to use.
    Can I assume you will be stationed in San Diego or somewhere in the Bay Area?

Can I assume you will be stationed in San Diego or somewhere in the Bay Area?
    San Diego, and I go back in a little over a year. Except for recruiters, I don't think we have any Navy in the Bay Area anymore. A couple of years ago Oakland passed an ordinance requesting a submarine that was returning from deployment go somewhere else as they didn't think it sent a peaceful message to have a US Navy warship in a US port. Idiots.

NRA Endowment Member

San Diego, and I go back in a little over a year. Except for recruiters, I don't think we have any Navy in the Bay Area anymore. A couple of years ago Oakland passed an ordinance requesting a submarine that was returning from deployment go somewhere else as they didn't think it sent a peaceful message to have a US Navy warship in a US port. Idiots.
    As if Oakland is a peaceful place... lol

San Diego is supposed to be a nice town from what I hear. i have never been that far south in the state.