Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The term "Operator"

Quote Originally Posted by jet3534 View Post
    I guess people use the term operator for the same reason the handgun guns matches I used to see at my old gun club had very overweight middle aged dudes quickly running around from target to target. Given the fact that per the NRA, civilian use of a handgun takes place under 21 feet, I don't see why a civilian shooting match involves a lot of running.

I shoot those matches from time to time. They are a hell of a lot more fun than shooting at a black bullseye from a modified weaver stance one round per second at 15 yards. I in no way think I am any kind of operator but I do think that learning to do the things you are required to do to shoot those matches makes you more skilled at using a handgun.

Senior Member Aggressive Perfector's Avatar

Probably help you out in a gun fight I'd imagine, but I'm no expert.
    "Never take pity on a blind man. He may not be able to see, but he saves a fortune by getting the butt ugly hookers".

Forum Administrator Schuetzenman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Aggressive Perfector View Post
    Probably help you out in a gun fight I'd imagine, but I'm no expert.
    Never done 3 gun matches, but have done some move and shoot stuff with rifles. It is a whole other thing having to move and shoot or shoot from improvised (barrier use) positioning over just standing or sitting at a firing line blasting a round black bullseye. I think any shooting sport that gets the participant moving and moving quickly is very valuable.

http://zombieshootersassociation.com/ I see there is this variant of 3 gun match structure. Looks like a hoot, (fun). Zombie style 3-gun action.

If you have never tried shooting at a target while walking toward or away from it, give it a try some time. You'll be surprised how much air you hit even at really close ranges.

Senior Member Aggressive Perfector's Avatar

I have (though not in any sort of competition setting), and you're not wrong it's much harder to hit a target while you're on the move. I can only imagine the stress of a target shooting back, and their erratic movement making such things much harder.
    "Never take pity on a blind man. He may not be able to see, but he saves a fortune by getting the butt ugly hookers".

No one has said it yet, so I guess i will ...

How did you get my picture!!!???

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12