Thread: Education Does Work

Team Gunsnet Platinum 06/2016 ltorlo64's Avatar

Education Does Work

Support for gun rights is higher than it’s been in decades, according to the latest data from the Pew Research Center that signals a stunning turnaround in how Americans feel about the issue just two years after the Newtown school shooting.

Pew found that 52 percent of Americans say Second Amendment rights are more important than gun control — up 7 percentage points from just after the December 2012 Sandy Hook Elementary School shooting that left 20 schoolchildren and six faculty dead.

Read more: http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...#ixzz3Lbphvqin
    Follow us: @washtimes on Twitter

As people become more educated about firearms and why law abiding citizens should have them they also begin to understand why government should not be allowed to restrict our right to protect ourselves. It doesn't happen fast, and sometimes (as recently in Washington state) we take a step backwards, but in general we are moving the right direction.
    "Nothing ever gets so bad that government "help" can't make it worse." Pat Garrett, March 22, 2014

"HATE IS GOOD, WHEN ITS DIRECTED AT EVIL." PROBASCO, April 20, 2012

I tried to push the envelope, but found that it was stationery.

Have you heard about the new corduroy pillows? They're making head lines!

NRA Endowment Member

Forum Administrator Schuetzenman's Avatar

Maybe. Or maybe they look at Ferguson, Missouri and think ... hummm.... maybe I need some guns to protect myself, my home, my business. Any way we get the majority to understand why we need the 2nd, it's all good!

Team Gunsnet Platinum 06/2016 ltorlo64's Avatar

True, but 20 years ago the answer would have been to get rid of all guns. Now the answer is to arm law abiding citizens. That is a huge change.
    "Nothing ever gets so bad that government "help" can't make it worse." Pat Garrett, March 22, 2014

"HATE IS GOOD, WHEN ITS DIRECTED AT EVIL." PROBASCO, April 20, 2012

I tried to push the envelope, but found that it was stationery.

Have you heard about the new corduroy pillows? They're making head lines!

NRA Endowment Member

Contributor 02/2014 FunkyPertwee's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Schuetzenman View Post
    Maybe. Or maybe they look at Ferguson, Missouri and think ... hummm.... maybe I need some guns to protect myself, my home, my business. Any way we get the majority to understand why we need the 2nd, it's all good!
    I used my public speaking class at my liberal university as a platform to deliver pro-gun messages, and I received overwhelmingly positive feedback from my classmates, most of which were between 18 and 21.

I was really quite surprised by the number of youths who claimed to watch Hickok45 videos and took interest in learning to shoot. So I made one of my speeches "Why you should purchase an AK variant" and I gave the class all the info they needed to go home and order themselves an AK. My other two gun related speeches were "Concealed Carry Reciprocity", and "Why NFA Law is Stupid". All got positive feedback.
    "I'm fucking furious, I'm violently angry, and I like it. If you don't know what that feels like then I feel bad for you"

Quote Originally Posted by ltorlo64 View Post
    Read more: http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...#ixzz3Lbphvqin
    Follow us: @washtimes on Twitter

As people become more educated about firearms and why law abiding citizens should have them they also begin to understand why government should not be allowed to restrict our right to protect ourselves. It doesn't happen fast, and sometimes (as recently in Washington state) we take a step backwards, but in general we are moving the right direction.
    We don't need "gun control". No sane, "sound of mind" gun owner (i.e 99.9% of us) is ever going to hurt anyone, and for the 0.01% who are wack jobs with mental problems, no "law" is going to stop them or change their minds.

Assault and murder are ALREADY illegal. If that doesn't stop a nut job who got access to a gun, who in their right mind can think that a "gun control law" will do any better?

You and I and we all know that "gun control" is really "people control".

The despots that have taken over and occupied our Country have one big thing standing in their way... our weapons. That's why they all want "gun laws" and "magazine restrictions" and all the other horseshit restrictions and bans - to disarm us (or at least severely limit our ability to fight).

Thing is, why should WE even for a moment consider obeying legislators who are themselves criminals?

More important yet, why should we willingly throw away both our freedom and our means of protecting freedom?

It would be a sick sad joke to obey a criminal just because he preaches from his throne in Washington DC, and it would be pure treason to throw away the freedoms that our kids, parents, grandparents and founding fathers fought and died to give us and preserve for us.

Screw them. COME TAKE IT!
    Gentlemen may prefer Blondes, but Real Men prefer Redheads!