Thread: At your local grocers....

At your local grocers....

Anyone noted less stuff on the shelves lately? Flour, etc? More foodstuff is missing, empty spots appear in usualy full from say the meat dept? I can't say I've seen this but hadn't heard to be on the lookout till lately. I know most places have the policy of if we have it it's on the shelf, and their wharehouses keep a few days supply at most. Maybe tis the season but this started before thanksgiving.
    "And how we burned in the camps later thinking, what would things have been like, if every security operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain, whether he would return alive and had to say good-bye to his family?"

Guns Network Contributor 01/2015 Altarboy's Avatar

I haven't noticed but it wouldnt surprise me. Stock up. Prep and show thyself approved.

Shelves are pretty well stocked here. Heck even the ammo case at wall mart is full. Except for .22 that is. Sill have a decent amount of canned goods here.

Forum Administrator Schuetzenman's Avatar

Only thing I've seen a shortage of is Ginger Ale locally. Otherwise well stocked on all things.

Team Guns Network Silver 04/2013 alismith's Avatar

Grocery shelves full here, too. Some prices have risen, but nothing critical.
    "Valar morghulis; valar dohaeris."

Commucrats are most efficient at converting sins and crimes to accidents or misunderstandings.-Oswald Bastable

Making good people helpless won't make bad people harmless.

Freedom isn't free.

"Attitude is the paintbrush that colors our world." TV Series, Haven.

My Spirit Animal has rabies.

I'd rather be an American than a Democrat.

"If you can make a man afraid, you can control him" Netflix Series, The Irregulars

Team GunsNet Silver 12/2011 N/A's Avatar

Texas...at the intersection of I-20 and the Korean War Veterans Memorial Higheway
    Only time something comes up missing on the grocery shelves around here is when you find something you really like...then 3 months later they quit carrying it.
    No enemy of America would have ever been killed if they didn't show up to be killed. HDR

**Team GunsNet SILVER 12/2014** skorpion's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by N/A View Post
    Only time something comes up missing on the grocery shelves around here is when you find something you really like...then 3 months later they quit carrying it.
    Like these amazingly delectable little bastards:

The pen is mightier than the sword, but only when you're shoving it through your enemy's throat.
    USMC Active Duty, 2004-2008
    Gunsnet Member since January 2003

Senior Member Aggressive Perfector's Avatar

Delicious limited edition Hot Pockets (love the Nacho ones) aside, all else seems to be well stocked. But just in case, I try to keep my cupboards well stocked with Spam, Skyline Chili, hot sauce, canned baked beans and Campbells soups (all of which drives my wife nuts)with the closer expiration dates to the front (so I can chow down and replace when it gets close to expiring).
    "Never take pity on a blind man. He may not be able to see, but he saves a fortune by getting the butt ugly hookers".

Hot pockets? Really? I figure you are better off just tossing them right into the toilet.

As to the topic, lots of baking going on, not surprised there might be a bit of a run on flour. I doubt the stores really stocked up on it, regular flour has really fallen out of favor in the last few years...all this gluten stuff and whatnot.

Most grocery stores don't give it near the amount of shelf space they used to when I was a kid.

Senior Member Aggressive Perfector's Avatar

"Never take pity on a blind man. He may not be able to see, but he saves a fortune by getting the butt ugly hookers".

Forum Administrator Schuetzenman's Avatar

That was crazy!

Contributor 02/2014 FunkyPertwee's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by skorpion View Post
    Like these amazingly delectable little bastards:

I wouldn't eat that without being drunk.
    "I'm fucking furious, I'm violently angry, and I like it. If you don't know what that feels like then I feel bad for you"

"Hot pockets? Really? I figure you are better off just tossing them right into the toilet."

My vote for one of the funniest things to come from kad.
    "And how we burned in the camps later thinking, what would things have been like, if every security operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain, whether he would return alive and had to say good-bye to his family?"

Guns Network Contributor 04/2013 El Laton Caliente's Avatar

Several items I've been buying at the local Sam's Club are no longer in stock or only intermittently in stock. 28oz Green Chilies, Alfredo Sauce, Quaker Oat Bars, and other items...

I've been getting substitutes elsewhere...
    We found out what "dealing" with progressive lefties is all about. Our side gives up something, they give up nothing and the progressives come back in a month or a year and want us to give up more... rinse and repeat...

Team Guns Network Silver 04/2013 alismith's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by El Laton Caliente View Post
    Several items I've been buying at the local Sam's Club are no longer in stock or only intermittently in stock. 28oz Green Chilies, Alfredo Sauce, Quaker Oat Bars, and other items...

I've been getting substitutes elsewhere...
    This isn't, necessarily, indicative of a shortage as I used to get Portabella mushrooms at Sam's, but they stopped carrying them about 2-3 years ago. Now, I have to go to BJ's to buy them. They're still around, but Sam's just stopped carrying them.
    "Valar morghulis; valar dohaeris."

Commucrats are most efficient at converting sins and crimes to accidents or misunderstandings.-Oswald Bastable

Making good people helpless won't make bad people harmless.

Freedom isn't free.

"Attitude is the paintbrush that colors our world." TV Series, Haven.

My Spirit Animal has rabies.

I'd rather be an American than a Democrat.

"If you can make a man afraid, you can control him" Netflix Series, The Irregulars