Thread: Why Muslims Are Converting To Christ In The Face Of ISIS Atrocities

Why Muslims Are Converting To Christ In The Face Of ISIS Atrocities

Atrocities by the Islamic State (ISIS) are softening the hearts of Muslims to Christianity, and evangelistic techniques and technologies are proving effective, but locally-based missionaries say the main reason for the spike in conversions in the Middle East is simply that former Muslims are finding God is real.

In war-torn areas of Syria and Iraq where ISIS is fighting to establish a caliphate, Muslim refugees to neighboring countries, Internally Displaced People and people remaining at home are learning about Christ from native aid workers, podcasts and broadcasts.

Tent churches among refugees are sprouting like mushrooms. For people who have suffered such deep loss, seeing that they can pray to a personal God whom they can call Father has been the critical factor.

“You can see the tears in their eyes when we pray – that God would care,” said the director of one ministry working in the region. “It’s the connection that makes a huge difference.”
    Muslims who were previously taught to pray by rote to Allah, who by Koranic definition was unknowable, can feel the difference of having a relationship with God through Christ.

“They see that God can give you strength, can heal you,” said the director. “They say that things have changed, that they have a peaceful attitude towards those ‘who have done this to my kids, wife, or husband - I can pray about it and give it to God.’”

Former Muslims, who once prayed five times a day as a duty, say they don’t quite know how to describe the difference.

"They say, 'Now with our relationship with God, we see a huge difference; something has changed in our life,'” he said. "You can see it on their faces. They say, 'Every time we pray, there’s a difference.'”
    Read more at http://www.prophecynewswatch.com/201...pFMBzy3Sh29.99
    "And how we burned in the camps later thinking, what would things have been like, if every security operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain, whether he would return alive and had to say good-bye to his family?"

is it softening the hearts or are they starting to see that it is morally wrong?
    or both?
    While no one ever listens to me,
    I am constantly being told to be quiet.

In a world of snowflakes,
    be the heat..

Team Guns Network Silver 04/2013 alismith's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by l921428x View Post
    is it softening the hearts or are they starting to see that it is morally wrong?
    or both?
    Probably, a little of both.
    "Valar morghulis; valar dohaeris."

Commucrats are most efficient at converting sins and crimes to accidents or misunderstandings.-Oswald Bastable

Making good people helpless won't make bad people harmless.

Freedom isn't free.

"Attitude is the paintbrush that colors our world." TV Series, Haven.

My Spirit Animal has rabies.

I'd rather be an American than a Democrat.

"If you can make a man afraid, you can control him" Netflix Series, The Irregulars

"Our followers won't kill you for petty offences". I'm sure that is a huge selling point.

BISHOP

Regretfully, they won't convert fast enough.

Followers of satan only understand the truth when death is upon them.
    If we refuse to rule ourselves with reason, then we shall be ruled by our passions.

He, Who Will Not Reason, Is a Bigot; He, Who Cannot, Is a Fool; and He, Who Dares Not, Is a Slave. -Sir William Drummond

There are some things I will not abide within my sight!

Historically, Christianity has thrived most under persecution. That's why we Americans are for the most part quite indifferent and can't wait for the Pastor to quit rambling so we can get back home to watch the game. Our time will come and the luxury of debating the issue will end. We will be forced to make a choice.

I will say one thing: it takes a heck of a lot of courage to declare oneself a Christian in many parts of the Middle East right now.

Not just having to put up with the discriminatory jizya tax for non-Muslims in many of those countries, but the very real danger of being accused of apostasy as well if the local clerics think you have strayed from the majority faith.
    "That tyranny has all the vices both of democracy and oligarchy is evident. As of oligarchy so of tyranny, the end is wealth; (for by wealth only can the tyrant maintain either his guard or his luxury). Both mistrust the people, and therefore deprive them of their arms." -- Aristotle, Book V, 350 B.C.E

Quote Originally Posted by LAGC View Post
    I will say one thing: it takes a heck of a lot of courage to declare oneself a Christian in many parts of the Middle East right now.
    Unlike here where we suffer trivial insults from the Flying Spaghetti Monster kiddies.

Quote Originally Posted by 308 View Post
    Unlike here where we suffer trivial insults from the Flying Spaghetti Monster kiddies.

"That tyranny has all the vices both of democracy and oligarchy is evident. As of oligarchy so of tyranny, the end is wealth; (for by wealth only can the tyrant maintain either his guard or his luxury). Both mistrust the people, and therefore deprive them of their arms." -- Aristotle, Book V, 350 B.C.E

They'll need the protection of Yahweh now more than ever, muslims who leave death and become living christians are given the death sentence by the jundi al shaitan (soldiers of satan).
    "And how we burned in the camps later thinking, what would things have been like, if every security operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain, whether he would return alive and had to say good-bye to his family?"