Thread: ONE thing, the U.S. should be more like CHINA (Divorce law)

ONE thing, the U.S. should be more like CHINA (Divorce law)

Here in California, it's a 50/50 split state. I know of rich spouses who were the cheaters but who ended up with everything because their LAWYERS were better.

Apparently CHINA's divorce law explicitly states: "if one spouse's cheating is the cause for the divorce, the cheater gets nothing"

This came up in a recent article about a successful businessman finding his gold digger wife in bed with her lover. This guy spent years working his ass off trying to buy her the best things. If this divorce happened in the U.S. the bitch wife would have taken HIM to the cleaners.....

Forum Administrator Schuetzenman's Avatar

Sounds good to me.

Senior Member Aggressive Perfector's Avatar

Me and my wifes agreement is what's hers is hers and what's mine is mine as far as money in bank (we keep separate accounts now that she's working) and other material items (vehicles, guns, etc.). The only things we regard as ours are the house if/ when we buy one and our daughter. The house (including any money owed on it) will be ours and split 50/50. Our daughter will be in shared custody. Fortunately it's in writing.
    "Never take pity on a blind man. He may not be able to see, but he saves a fortune by getting the butt ugly hookers".

Quote Originally Posted by maxsnafu View Post
    NOT helpful. Misses the point. Kinda like those guys who say "Why create better pads for protecting football players from injuries. We have the PERFECT solution! Don't play it at all". Really?

A lot of younger men do see the dangers in Marriage 2.0 and are opting out.
    There's even a term for it: The Marriage Strike http://www.amazon.com/Men-Strike-Boy...arriage+strike

While it may not be helpful to you it has certainly been helpful to them. It has helped them avoid this:
    http://www.amazon.com/Taken-Into-Cus...n+into+custody