Thread: jingle bells- thanksgiving song about drunken drag racing.

Team Gunsnet SILVER 05/2012 deth502's Avatar

jingle bells- thanksgiving song about drunken drag racing.

interesting story i happened across. or, maybe its a spoof site and it all bullshit, idk

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/britis...jerk-1.2874860

Here’s the truth about Jingle Bells. It’s not a Christmas song — it’s a Thanksgiving song. It’s not a jolly family song — it’s a drinking song. It’s at the centre of a nasty dispute, and it was written by a 'jerk'.

"Medford is home to a series of sleigh races that used to occur on a street called Salem Street, and because of this event, which pretty much happened in the middle of the 19th century, these sleigh races — which you could pretty much call drag races — down this street was one of the most popular events," said Hamill.

"If you think about the fact that one of the great industries of Medford was rum-making, and if you really think about the lyrics of the song, with the lens that these are drag races that are happening at top speed down the centre of this street, one of the suggestions is that it's actually a drinking song," she said.
    ...and you thought it was about the salvation army.........

hell I will drink to that.
    While no one ever listens to me,
    I am constantly being told to be quiet.

In a world of snowflakes,
    be the heat..

I like that story.
    I am the master of my fate
    I am the captain of my soul

"(The Second Amendment) isn't a law but an enumerated right, a right that we cannot allow to be corralled to make politicians and ant-gun fanatics happy." ~Old Grump