Thread: My Lazy Rifle

Team GunsNet Gold 03/2014

My Lazy Rifle

I have seen this stated several ways, but thought it worth passing on.

My Lazy Rifle

Today I swung my front door wide open and placed my Remington 30.06 right in my doorway. I left 6 shells beside it, then left it alone and went about my business.
    While I was gone, the mailman delivered my mail, the neighbor boy across the street mowed the yard, a girl walked her dog down the street, and quite a few cars stopped at the stop sign near the front of our house.
    After about an hour, I checked on the gun.
    It was still sitting there, right where I had left it..
    It hadn't moved itself outside. It certainly hadn't killed anyone, even with the numerous opportunities it had been presented to do so.
    In fact, it hadn't even loaded itself. Well you can imagine my surprise, with all the media hype about how dangerous guns are and how they kill people. Either the media is wrong or I'm in possession of the laziest gun in the world.
    The United States is 3rd in Murders throughout the World.
    But if you take out Chicago , Detroit , Washington DC , and New Orleans , the United States is 4th from the bottom for Murders.
    These 4 Cities also have the toughest Gun Control Laws in the United States . All 4 are controlled by Democrats.
    It would be absurd to draw any conclusions from this data, right?

Well, I’m off to check on my spoons.
    I hear they're making people fat....................

I have to keep them locked up. Last year I accidently left the safe unlocked and they threw a kegger and shot up the place. Dam Russians can drink. The AK and SKS got into the whiskey. What a mess....

You are correct though. Inner city poverty/gang culture is far more of a problem than guns are. Good luck getting anybody to march on Washington over that. You have enough trouble getting a politician or the media to even admit there is an inner city issue in this country. You might hurt somebodies feelings if you talk about that.
    When some wild-eyed, eight-foot-tall maniac grabs your neck, taps the back of your favorite head up against the barroom wall, and he looks you crooked in the eye and he asks you if ya paid your dues, you just stare that big sucker right back in the eye, and you remember what ol' Jack Burton always says at a time like that: "Have ya paid your dues, Jack?" "Yessir, the check is in the mail." ----- Jack Burton 1986

Team Gunsnet Silver 02/14 - Moderator recon's Avatar

Outstanding!
    Buy It Cheap!
    Stack It Deep!

Original Member-July-1999!

Forum Administrator Schuetzenman's Avatar

Yeah we all know the real problem and to state us labels us as racists.

Quote Originally Posted by Gunner1558 View Post
    My Lazy Rifle

Today I swung my front door wide open and placed my Remington 30.06 right in my doorway. I left 6 shells beside it, then left it alone and went about my business.
    While I was gone, the mailman delivered my mail, the neighbor boy across the street mowed the yard, a girl walked her dog down the street, and quite a few cars stopped at the stop sign near the front of our house.
    After about an hour, I checked on the gun.
    It was still sitting there, right where I had left it..
    When Clintons AWB expired, the liberals were wailing that "assault weapons would flood the streets".

So I waited outside, hoping for some to come down my street.......... Nothing.

Then I figured "maybe they only flood main roads" so I went to I-324 and waited. STILL nothing.

Then I slapped myself on the forehead. STUPID! They go after SCHOOLS!

So I sat next to a school, waiting for all those assault rifles to flood the streets next to the school. Damn! STILL nothing!

I think the liberals are fucking liars. I waited and waited... nothing happened.
    Gentlemen may prefer Blondes, but Real Men prefer Redheads!

I still lock mine up to thwart theft. They are beautiful AND valuable!!! Just like diamonds, gold and platinum. Well, except for the well hidden but super easy to get to ones for the SHTF scenarios