Thread: Rocky Mountain Heist

Rocky Mountain Heist

For those who haven't seen it...enjoy.

http://www.newsmax.com/Manage/Videos...ountain-Heist/

I must say, I almost turned it off after the broadbrush against marijuana legalization right there in the intro. If that's one of the hallmarks of the liberal takeover of America, it can't come soon enough. Conservatives need to get over their beef with what people choose to do or put in their own bodies. Because that was a primary motivator of youth turn-out in both Colorado and Washington states -- and youth turn-out isn't exactly good news for the prospects of the Republican Party.

But as to the central argument: that powerful, rich interests with deep pockets are pushing their agenda -- near the end of that video, Michelle Malkin cited the Citizens United Supreme Court decision as a good thing -- but what that decision really means is that even MORE lobbying money can be thrown at each race, tilting things even further in the direction of special interests. What we really need is campaign finance reform to stop these rich cocksuckers from buying elections. But conservatives tend to be against that, because they think it gives the MSM an unfair advantage since they can act as "free advertising" for or against candidates, while competing special interests have their hands tied.

In the end, all I really got out of that video is that if the Dems hadn't pushed too far with buying into Bloomberg's authoritarian gun control agenda, they would have completely dominated the state's politics for the foreseeable future. But then again, it isn't the first time they've been guilty of snatching defeat from the jaws of victory.

But I'm just not so sure Malkin's theory of throwing even more money into the cauldron is really going to make much of a difference. Just like with the left coast states: conservatives are fleeing Colorado, while more and more liberals move in. In the end, it becomes a self-fulfilling prophecy. But she's right about one thing: if Texas ever flips like Colorado, the GOP can kiss the presidency good-bye for a long time.
    "That tyranny has all the vices both of democracy and oligarchy is evident. As of oligarchy so of tyranny, the end is wealth; (for by wealth only can the tyrant maintain either his guard or his luxury). Both mistrust the people, and therefore deprive them of their arms." -- Aristotle, Book V, 350 B.C.E

I just watched that on TV. Now I'm going to send the link to this video to everyone on my email list.