Thread: And in light of the glowing economic numbers I give you these...

And in light of the glowing economic numbers I give you these...

50 Numbers From 2014 That Sound Fake But That Are Actually Real

2.5 – Researchers have discovered that characters in cartoons for children are 2.5 times more likely to die than characters in adult dramas. But as long as those characters look cute and make funny noises it must be okay.

$4.20 – The price of ground beef just hit a brand new record high of $4.20 a pound. Exactly 10 years ago, it was just $2.21 a pound. What do you think Clara Peller would say about this?

19.8 percent – This holiday season, nearly 20 percent of all American families are on food stamps. But since the stock market is soaring, most of the rest of the country doesn’t seem to care.

$20 – If you want to “lock down that new man for Christmas”, you can buy a positive pregnancy test on Craigslist for just 20 dollars.

29.0 years – The average age when a man in America first gets married has reached an all-time high of 29.0 years. Thus the need for the fake pregnancy tests.

31.1 percent – An astounding 31.1 percent of all U.S. young adults in the 18 to 34-year-old age bracket are currently living with their parents. But the good news is that demand for tacky basement decor is at an all-time high.

33 percent – According to the Wall Street Journal, close to one-third of all Americans have a file in the FBI’s master criminal database.

34.6 percent – According to the CDC, 34.6 percent of all men in America officially meet the criteria for being obese.

36 – At this point only 36 percent of the U.S. population can name all three branches of government.

43 – The new EPA regulations issued while Barack Obama has been president are 43 times as long as the entire Bible.

45 percent – One survey discovered that 45 percent of all Americans “dread” the Christmas season.

48 percent – Only 48 percent of Americans can immediately come up with $400 in emergency cash without borrowing it or selling something.

50 – An MIT research scientist is warning that if current trends continue 50 percent of all children in America will be autistic by the year 2025.

50 percent – Half of all college graduates in America are still financially dependent on their parents when they are two years out of college.
    http://endoftheamericandream.com/arc...-actually-real

Everything's fine!
    "And how we burned in the camps later thinking, what would things have been like, if every security operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain, whether he would return alive and had to say good-bye to his family?"

Team GunsNet Gold 03/2014

The market just broke 18,000!

And no one mentions inflation!

Team GunsNet Gold 03/2014

Thanks for posting, I have copied this one and sent it around where I think people will care about it.

Yep, 18k dow, silver and gold tanking, oil dropping to 20 a bbl or less. Yet business is slow save for ems/fire/police. I wonder where the profits are coming from? Might as well buy some silver or gold.
    "And how we burned in the camps later thinking, what would things have been like, if every security operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain, whether he would return alive and had to say good-bye to his family?"

Team GunsNet Silver 02/2014

Winchester steel and Hornady bullets keep increasing for me.......the true exotic metals.
    Dan

" 33 percent – According to the Wall Street Journal, close to one-third of all Americans have a file in the FBI’s master criminal database."

This is alittle confusing for me. Does this mean actual CRIMINALS? Because the FBI does have a master database of all crimes, misdemeanors, and criminal history (no matter how petty) for law enforcement purposes. With the advent of computerization, it's easy to have and maintain all your paper records now in a main frame. But most of the files are just that, files.

I wonder if they mean just "the FBI keeps active files on a 1/3 of the population" which would make also sense. That means stupid reasons (like keeping patriots under surveillance) and regular reasons (like keeping all records of government employees or vendors or contractors and spouses for security reasons), etc.

But using the term "Criminals list" implies strongly that each person is suspected of or guilty of some sort of crime. I just want to know what criterion this list is using

(EDIT: Nevermind, I read the WSJ article. Yes, it IS a list of criminals. Right now the numbers are skyrocketing because schools are automatically doing things like ARRESTING KIDS who make fake guns with poptarts in school and point them on the playground. That's what's causing the huge increase in 'police files' which the FBI holds and keeps track of. Ugh. )
    Last edited by tank_monkey; 12-24-2014 at 05:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by tank_monkey View Post
    " 33 percent – According to the Wall Street Journal, close to one-third of all Americans have a file in the FBI’s master criminal database."

This is alittle confusing for me. Does this mean actual CRIMINALS? Because the FBI does have a master database of all crimes, misdemeanors, and criminal history (no matter how petty) for law enforcement purposes. With the advent of computerization, it's easy to have and maintain all your paper records now in a main frame. But most of the files are just that, files.

I wonder if they mean just "the FBI keeps active files on a 1/3 of the population" which would make also sense. That means stupid reasons (like keeping patriots under surveillance) and regular reasons (like keeping all records of government employees or vendors or contractors and spouses for security reasons), etc.

But using the term "Criminals list" implies strongly that each person is suspected of or guilty of some sort of crime. I just want to know what criterion this list is using

(EDIT: Nevermind, I read the WSJ article. Yes, it IS a list of criminals. Right now the numbers are skyrocketing because schools are automatically doing things like ARRESTING KIDS who make fake guns with poptarts in school and point them on the playground. That's what's causing the huge increase in 'police files' which the FBI holds and keeps track of. Ugh. )

The root of this specific issue is what exactly the fbi and other "chartered" agencies are. They're not constitutional from what I can tell for one, and for two they're for all intents and purposes the presidents very own police department, especially the fbi/doj. So if they're extraconstitutional and do the presidents bidding without regard for constitutional enumerated rights, well, that explains what we have today quite well. Other "chartered" agencies incude cia, nsa, etc etc.

Also;
    Merry Christmas! The NSA's gift is a list of all the times it wrongly spied on you
    http://www.theverge.com/2014/12/25/7...stmas-newsdump