Thread: Maadi ARM AK-47

Team Gunsnet Silver 02/14 - Moderator recon's Avatar

Buy It Cheap!
    Stack It Deep!

Original Member-July-1999!

PA, where the cold is only matched by the isolation
    Guy is full of shit about it being pre-ban, clearly has no bayo lug, a welded muzzle nut, and had the thumbhole replaced .

Indiana, a state that is trying to remain free.
    And if I am not mistaken, the whole thing about them being made on Russian machinery is very probably an internet legend.

I do like the choice of furniture, a sort of Chinese-Egyptian.

Quote Originally Posted by imanaknut View Post
    And if I am not mistaken, the whole thing about them being made on Russian machinery is very probably an internet legend.

I do like the choice of furniture, a sort of Chinese-Egyptian.
    NOPE, we were told that back in the 1980s by many importers. The Egyptians GOT Russian machinery to make them on license back in the 1960s and 70s. The Egyptians could have developed newer machinery to replace or update the original ones, but the first Egyptian AKMs were made on Russian machines. But then, it's no big deal even if the machines were Russian. It's the level of finishing that makes an AK. The chinese dumped all sorts of crudely finished pieces of crap on us just before the import ban.

BTW, did anyone notice???????

That so called AKM has a replacement CHINESE GAS TUBE on it!!!! If it were a true AKM / MISR style rifle, the tube would have NO HOLES on it!

That's ALL replacement CHINESE furniture, including the WRONG style gas tube.....

Yeah, Russia packed up a factory and sent it to Cairo.

And I'm pretty sure that's the worst importer of the Maadis that came in ontop of all of the wrong stuff and obviously not a preban since those had a fully auto carrier I believe.

Quote Originally Posted by Escobert View Post
    Yeah, Russia packed up a factory and sent it to Cairo.
    But countries have sold specialty manufacturing equipment to client states before.

Guns Network Contributor 04/2013 El Laton Caliente's Avatar

H&K sold machinery for the G3 to Portugal, Greece and Pakistan.

IIRC, the USSR's first License for AKs was to Finland that resulted in the Valmet M60 & M62. The Finns in turn sold refined machinery to Israel for the Galil.
    We found out what "dealing" with progressive lefties is all about. Our side gives up something, they give up nothing and the progressives come back in a month or a year and want us to give up more... rinse and repeat...

Forum Administrator

Eeeeew I'd better clear this up.....

1. The Isreali's used the Finnish receivers only at first then machined their own design into the Galil on their own tooling/machinery.

2. The Egyptians were licensed by Russia for the manufacture of the guns on Russian Tooling in Eqypt at the Maadi factory. When the ties to Russia were severed the Maadi company continued production. As noted by the 1990's imports well after the Russians were gone.

Tank Monkey is correct...and this is why Putin is furious with US and the licensed state/countrys...as Russia was by-passed since the client state relationship is severed now. And they bought them direct for the purchase for those countries at war that are friendly'ish.

Guns Network Contributor 03/2015 jakebrake's Avatar

how pissed is someone going to be after they buy it, realize it's not pre ban, and, that they just helped to hose themselves?

Quote Originally Posted by jakebrake View Post
    how pissed is someone going to be after they buy it, realize it's not pre ban, and, that they just helped to hose themselves?

Probably really pissed but then again, he'll go around telling his buddies and the world, what a "rare" AK he has.
    But you just gotta laugh at these assclowns who buy these "Pre Bans" on the pretense of being a "Pre Ban". Idiots don't do their homework when it comes to buying these rifles online. Armslist is full of idiotic sellers trying to pawn off, at exorbitant prices mind you, their "Pre Ban, Tactifooled" AK's that were imported after '04.

I LMAO at the dopes that pay these prices.