Thread: Not staying "logged in"

Not staying "logged in"

Does anybody have any idea why, when I open a new window, I sometimes find the transition has not kept me logged in.
    This doesn't happen often but it is annoying to have to re-login just because I open a link in a new window.
    “I have little patience with people who take the Bill of Rights for granted. The Bill of Rights, contained in the first ten amendments to the Constitution, is every American’s guarantee of freedom.” - - President Harry S. Truman, “Years of Trial and Hope”

It's STILL doing it!
    I had two pages opened and logged in and went to open a third - - NUTZ!!
    Went back to one of the pages that indicated I was logged in, clicked on my handle, and the page opened with that "First visit" BS!

What is wrong here?!? Why does this keep happening??
    “I have little patience with people who take the Bill of Rights for granted. The Bill of Rights, contained in the first ten amendments to the Constitution, is every American’s guarantee of freedom.” - - President Harry S. Truman, “Years of Trial and Hope”

Indiana, a state that is trying to remain free.
    did you check the box to keep yourself logged in?

If you don't see it in the normal log in window, try this- when you log in, if the keep yourself logged in box isn't visible (and for some reason it isn't always visible) enter a bad password intentionally. A new window will open not only letting you now that you entered a bad password, but that disappearing "keep me logged in" box will reappear. Check it, log in properly and you shouldn't have any problems

Except if you delete cookies. I manually delete cookies so that I don't delete the two main cookies from Gunsnet that store the password and keep you logged in when you leave and return, or open new windows.

I also manually delete ALL cookies after I go off-line every night.

And I do check the box to "keep me logged in" as it isn't uncommon for me to have 3-4 different Gunsnet windows open at the same time.

Next time you delete cookies, do not delete the two Gunsnet cookies and see if this helps. It is a pain but it keeps me logged in every time I open the browser or open a new Gunsnet tab or window.

I several times manually delete cookies so quickly that I will accidentally hit the Gunsnet ones, and have to relog in the next time and reclick the keep me logged in box.

'nut - I was wrong. There is no box to check but that may be because I use IE-8 for the forums I frequent.
    Leaving the cookies didn't make a difference. This "involuntary log-out" happens while I'm here! Right now, I have 3 windows open and a few minutes ago, I had 5 open. This screw-up happens when I'm already logged-in and open a new window. It comes up as if I haven't logged-in yet, despite as many as 3 other windows open. I refresh the main forum page and it defaults back to the black background with that "1st time" banner!

And I haven't deleted ANY cookies at that point!

In the normal log in window, for some reason the box to keep you logged in does not show. I accidentally found it by mistyping my password, and the window that popped up to tell me I didn't know how to type did have the check box.

I have reported this to upper management but so far no joy.

If you still don't get the box after mistyping the password, send Gunsnetadmin an email at BartonekDragRacing@yahoo.com ,explain the issue and tell him that I told you to contact him as I can confirm the "keep me logged in" box AWOL on the standard opening screen.

Hhmpf!
    Sneaky bugger that I am, I may just take a "screenshot" and email that to them. Visual evidence - proof positive!