Thread: My new bunny killer

Team GunsNet Platinum 02/2015 davepool's Avatar

My new bunny killer

Decided on the Savage mark ll TR i found locally, i'll get it to the range this weekend and post some pics. Picked up some .22lr ammo to try out also.

I know the gun room's a mess, been working on a flintlock pistol build and to lazy to tidy things up

Scope is a Burrus 6-24x42 i took off my Armalite M15T
    Last edited by davepool; 01-01-2015 at 09:24 AM.

Forum Administrator Schuetzenman's Avatar

Wow that's a lot of scope for a .22 lr. You need a little 4x on it of some sort. I was wondering how you actually found .22 LR ammo, then I see it is all high dollar match grade stuff. I'm interested to read a report on which of those ammos gave you the best results.

Guns Network Contributor 04/2013 El Laton Caliente's Avatar

Which hair on the hare are you aiming at? LOL Should be a nice set up.
    We found out what "dealing" with progressive lefties is all about. Our side gives up something, they give up nothing and the progressives come back in a month or a year and want us to give up more... rinse and repeat...

**Team GunsNet SILVER 12/2014** skorpion's Avatar

Nice, rifle! I especially like the stock on that specimen.
    The pen is mightier than the sword, but only when you're shoving it through your enemy's throat.
    USMC Active Duty, 2004-2008
    Gunsnet Member since January 2003

Quote Originally Posted by Schuetzenman View Post
    Wow that's a lot of scope for a .22 lr. You need a little 4x on it of some sort. I was wondering how you actually found .22 LR ammo, then I see it is all high dollar match grade stuff. I'm interested to read a report on which of those ammos gave you the best results.
    I've also got a lot of CCI of various types, Federal, Winchester and Remington. I've never shot match grade ammo, not sure if it will make a difference.

I bought most of the match stuff from Mid-South on-line and the Lapua from a local shooting supply that always has the expensive stuff in stock, it was $25 a box, never ever going to buy it again, unless it will shoot a 10 shot ragged hole at 75 yds ( not likely with my skills )

I've given up on buying .22lr from the local stores, don't like standing in line like a salivating dog waiting for them to stock the shelves
    Last edited by davepool; 01-01-2015 at 10:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by skorpion View Post
    Nice, rifle! I especially like the stock on that specimen.
    It's a wood stock with a black textured finish on it, heavy little sucker for a .22 with the scope it just a tad over 8lbs.

Indiana, a state that is trying to remain free.
    Nice rifle! Assuming you can hold it steady, you should be able to pick off a rabbit a mile away!

Forum Administrator Schuetzenman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by imanaknut View Post
    Nice rifle! Assuming you can hold it steady, you should be able to pick off a rabbit a mile away!
    Yeah, but can it knock down a Blackhawk?

Indiana, a state that is trying to remain free.
    Using statements made by idiots legislators from commiefornia, I would guess it could do a Blackhawk some serious damage. I wonder if it could shoot down a satellite as well. Think I will contact my friends at NASA and see if there are any dead satellites still in orbit that I could practice on.

I would use my 10/22 for that task

**Team GunsNet SILVER 12/2014** skorpion's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by imanaknut View Post
    Using statements made by idiots legislators from commiefornia, I would guess it could do a Blackhawk some serious damage. I wonder if it could shoot down a satellite as well. Think I will contact my friends at NASA and see if there are any dead satellites still in orbit that I could practice on.
    It has been confirmed by NASA that all of the craters on the moon are the result of .22LR impacts.
    The pen is mightier than the sword, but only when you're shoving it through your enemy's throat.
    USMC Active Duty, 2004-2008
    Gunsnet Member since January 2003

you know that they r comin to git ur guns!!!!

nice rifle, enjoy it!!
    While no one ever listens to me,
    I am constantly being told to be quiet.

In a world of snowflakes,
    be the heat..

Dave, you inspired me. I just bought one of these this morning;

It will be 10 days before I can pick it up and probrably a little more before I can get it out but I promise a full range report for you guys.

Quote Originally Posted by NAPOTS View Post
    Dave, you inspired me. I just bought one of these this morning;

It will be 10 days before I can pick it up and probrably a little more before I can get it out but I promise a full range report for you guys.
    Damn, that is a nice looking rifle,shit i should have held out for the laminated stock. You're gonna really like the accu-trigger.

Got mine back to the range with a new 8-32x44mm target scope yesterday and was shooting 1/4'' 5 shot holes at 50 yards and 3/4" groups at 100.

Next weekend i'm going to try and lob some in at 200 and see what it will do. I've had guys tell me theirs will do 3" groups at that distance....we'll see if i'm up to the challenge.

Looking forward to your report.
    Last edited by davepool; 01-18-2015 at 10:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by davepool View Post
    Damn, that is a nice looking rifle,shit i should have held out for the laminated stock. You're gonna really like the accu-trigger.

Got mine back to the range with a new 8-32x44mm target scope yesterday and was shooting 1/4'' 5 shot holes at 50 yards and 3/4" groups at 100.

Next weekend i'm going to try and lob some in at 200 and see what it will do. I've had guys tell me theirs will do 3" groups at that distance....we'll see if i'm up to the challenge.

Looking forward to your report.

Glad to hear they shoot well, that seems to be the consensus on the internet. I have been interested in the idea of an accurate .22lr for a year or so now. I think I have my tactical fix and am now starting to broaden my horizons. Next on the list is a Winchester Model 70 in .30-'06 and maybe a S&W Model 27.