Thread: H&K G3 7.62x51mm Aluminum 20 Round Mags $2.97 each

H&K G3 7.62x51mm Aluminum 20 Round Mags $2.97 each

Team Gunsnet SILVER 05/2012 deth502's Avatar

$3 for alum, id sooner buy their steel for $1 more. much better deal, imo.

PA, where the cold is only matched by the isolation
    It would be nice if somebody brought out something that used those mags that wasn't a G3 or cetme.

they make ar-10 lowers that accept them.

personaly, id love to see a remington 700 bottom metal conversion for them, but that aint gonna happen without milling the feed lips out of the receiver.

Forum Administrator Schuetzenman's Avatar

I've had Steel and Aluminum G3 mags. I found the Aluminum ones to work just as well and hold up on the feed lips just as well during the time that I shot the rifles that used them. I rather like the lighter weight of the aluminum G3 mags. The steel would be stronger if you were to step on one but ... who steps on their magazines?

Contributor 02/2014 FunkyPertwee's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Schuetzenman View Post
    I've had Steel and Aluminum G3 mags. I found the Aluminum ones to work just as well and hold up on the feed lips just as well during the time that I shot the rifles that used them. I rather like the lighter weight of the aluminum G3 mags. The steel would be stronger if you were to step on one but ... who steps on their magazines?
    I've always wondered why the aluminum G3 mags get shit on when everyone wants the lightest mags possible in every other rifle type.
    "I'm fucking furious, I'm violently angry, and I like it. If you don't know what that feels like then I feel bad for you"

ive found the steel mags to be more reliable than the alum in my opinion. i say opinion because it may just be a numbers game. since i have over 400 alum mags and about 10 steel, common sense dictates that id have 40x more failures in the alum mags. still, the impression that my experience gives me is that the steel are more reliable.

I'd love to see a similar deal on FAL mags.....

Scott
    Always Remember:
    A firearm is only an instrument. It contains no evil, no conscience, and no ability. It is strictly the intent, competence, and character of its user that decide the outcome of any and all actions taken with it.
    (I don't know who to credit but I like the quote.)

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!

Forum Administrator Schuetzenman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by deputyvaughn View Post
    I'd love to see a similar deal on FAL mags.....

Scott
    You'll never see that deal.

**Team GunsNet SILVER 12/2014** skorpion's Avatar

Cheaper Than Dirt can lick my nuts. I will not forget what they did in 2012.
    The pen is mightier than the sword, but only when you're shoving it through your enemy's throat.
    USMC Active Duty, 2004-2008
    Gunsnet Member since January 2003

Quote Originally Posted by skorpion View Post
    is this referring to the $500 20 round boxes of wolf 7.62x39?

PA, where the cold is only matched by the isolation
    Quote Originally Posted by deth502 View Post
    is this referring to the $500 20 round boxes of wolf 7.62x39?
    immediately after the shooting they declared "NO MOREZ EVIL GUNS!", then waited for the price to shoot up and sold them again.

Guns Network Contributor 04/2013 El Laton Caliente's Avatar

I still have a couple hundred from the group sale I did on the old board... Aim had them at $1 each back then in 500 lots...
    We found out what "dealing" with progressive lefties is all about. Our side gives up something, they give up nothing and the progressives come back in a month or a year and want us to give up more... rinse and repeat...

The G3 aluminum mags are pretty robust.

They sure as shit put aluminum FAL mags too shame.

As for the steel G3 mags, they rank up there with some of the other tough as nails mags, like the Beretta BM59 or the Beretta AR70 or the steel HK 33/43/53/93 mags, or the Galil mags or the SIG 54X mags, or the....well I'm sure you all get the point.
    Here's to pussy and gunpowder. One to live for, the other to die by.....Goddamn though, I do love the smell of 'em both !!!

Contributor 02/2014 FunkyPertwee's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by skorpion View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by raxar View Post
    immediately after the shooting they declared "NO MOREZ EVIL GUNS!", then waited for the price to shoot up and sold them again.
    Correct.

They publicized their voluntary end to all online sales of semi-auto rifles while they "re-examined their sales policies to improve safety".

Basically they put their bet on a ban happening and them being cheered on by a grateful public for pulling sales of ARs. The sad thing is, gun owners continue to spend money with them.

It has nothing to do with high prices, it has everything to do with them trying to sell us out in order to put themselves in a favorable position in what they thought was a coming post-ban marketplace.
    "I'm fucking furious, I'm violently angry, and I like it. If you don't know what that feels like then I feel bad for you"

**Team GunsNet SILVER 12/2014** skorpion's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FunkyPertwee View Post
    Correct.

They publicized their voluntary end to all online sales of semi-auto rifles while they "re-examined their sales policies to improve safety".

Basically they put their bet on a ban happening and them being cheered on by a grateful public for pulling sales of ARs. The sad thing is, gun owners continue to spend money with them.

It has nothing to do with high prices, it has everything to do with them trying to sell us out in order to put themselves in a favorable position in what they thought was a coming post-ban marketplace.
    This. Then when everyone called them out on it they made a bullshit excuse saying that they had to suspend firearm sales due to the overwhelming demand and magically decided to resume firearm sales again. Their price-gouging was the final nail in the coffin.

Here is their Facebook post deciding to suspend firearm sales:

https://www.facebook.com/cheaperthan...51295765484324

Cheaper Than Dirt! is suspending online sales of firearms effective immediately. We are reviewing our policy internally, and will continue to be the leader in the outdoor industry with our full line of gear and accessories.