Thread: China has just banned the burqa in its biggest Muslim city

Post China has just banned the burqa in its biggest Muslim city

Chinese authorities have banned women in the capital city of Xinjiang—an autonomous western region where Muslims account for almost half of the population—from wearing burqas in public, according to a brief article on a government-run website, Tianshan News. Local legislators for Urumqi proposed the ban in December, and now the regional legislature has approved it.

It’s not clear when the ban will go into effect. State media said only that it will be implemented after being modified to meet comments proposed in a meeting over the weekend.

What is clear, though, is that moves like these are likely to further alienate an already disenchanted minority group—the Uighurs, who feel their culture and economy is being overrun by Han Chinese. Ever since a group of Uighur Muslims went on a killing spree in a train station in Kunming last March, Chinese officials have ratcheted up restrictions on a group they see as potential extremists. Xinjiang officials later banned students and civil servants from fasting for Ramadan, and authorities in the Xinjiang city of Karamy barred anyone wearing burqas, niqabs, hijabs or simply “large beards” from taking public buses.

Despite—or as a result of—these measures, attacks and clashes involving Uighurs have only increased. Today, police in Shule county, near Kashgar, shot dead six attackers who were allegedly trying to detonate a series of explosives. Militants attacked police, residents, and officials in Shache county in August, leaving almost 100 dead.
    http://qz.com/324805/china-has-just-...t-muslim-city/

Man, these poor Muslims just can't catch a break. Seems like they are being persecuted all over the place these days. Like the whole world is out to oppress them and their deeply held religious traditions.

No wonder they are upset. Can't even allow your women to go outside dressing "modestly" any more. Or hide any suicide vest explosives underneath their cloaks either. I mean, how fair is that?
    "That tyranny has all the vices both of democracy and oligarchy is evident. As of oligarchy so of tyranny, the end is wealth; (for by wealth only can the tyrant maintain either his guard or his luxury). Both mistrust the people, and therefore deprive them of their arms." -- Aristotle, Book V, 350 B.C.E

The Kurds are fighting some of the Chinese wiggers (muslims from China) and finding more of them as time goes on. China is probably all for letting them go fight in Syria for isis but this will likely provide fuel for attacks in China itself as the jihad fever spreads in the wigger community.
    "And how we burned in the camps later thinking, what would things have been like, if every security operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain, whether he would return alive and had to say good-bye to his family?"

Team Guns Network Silver 04/2013 alismith's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 5.56NATO View Post
    The Kurds are fighting some of the Chinese wiggers (muslims from China) and finding more of them as time goes on. China is probably all for letting them go fight in Syria for isis but this will likely provide fuel for attacks in China itself as the jihad fever spreads in the wigger community.
    That's only IF the Chinese allow them to come back into China. From the OP, it seems China has seen the threat and is doing something about it.

These Uighurs are pulling the tail of the wrong tiger here....if they're not careful, they just might get a real bad case of Mao-inspired cleansing.
    "Valar morghulis; valar dohaeris."

Commucrats are most efficient at converting sins and crimes to accidents or misunderstandings.-Oswald Bastable

Making good people helpless won't make bad people harmless.

Freedom isn't free.

"Attitude is the paintbrush that colors our world." TV Series, Haven.

My Spirit Animal has rabies.

I'd rather be an American than a Democrat.

"If you can make a man afraid, you can control him" Netflix Series, The Irregulars

Forum Administrator Schuetzenman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by alismith View Post
    That's only IF the Chinese allow them to come back into China. From the OP, it seems China has seen the threat and is doing something about it.

These Uighurs are pulling the tail of the wrong tiger here....if they're not careful, they just might get a real bad case of Mao-inspired cleansing.
    I can hardly wait. Would be nice to see 35 million Muslims assume dirt temperature.

Guns Network Lifetime Member #2

Quote Originally Posted by Schuetzenman View Post
    I can hardly wait. Would be nice to see 35 million Muslims assume dirt temperature.
    That is one time I would like to see tyranny wipe out a bigger tyranny.

Quote Originally Posted by Schuetzenman View Post
    Room temp would work for me.

Fuck it...let 'em lay where they fall...
    If we refuse to rule ourselves with reason, then we shall be ruled by our passions.

He, Who Will Not Reason, Is a Bigot; He, Who Cannot, Is a Fool; and He, Who Dares Not, Is a Slave. -Sir William Drummond

There are some things I will not abide within my sight!

Quote Originally Posted by 1 Patriot-of-many View Post
    That is one time I would like to see tyranny wipe out a bigger tyranny.
    It's the one and only thing commies are good for...killing those more evil than commies.

The best part? Not a single whiny libtard will complain about that genocide.
    If we refuse to rule ourselves with reason, then we shall be ruled by our passions.

He, Who Will Not Reason, Is a Bigot; He, Who Cannot, Is a Fool; and He, Who Dares Not, Is a Slave. -Sir William Drummond

There are some things I will not abide within my sight!

Guns Network Lifetime Member #2

Quote Originally Posted by Oswald Bastable View Post

The best part? Not a single whiny libtard will complain about that genocide.
    Not sure about that one. Isn't Islam more favored than Communism on their part? I mean I'm watching massive genocides of Christians in Africa by Muslims and the Libtards barely mention it. When they do, they're sure to omit the fact it's a Muslim annihilation of Christians....It turns into "civil war" or some nonsense. Perhaps the 2 resident commies can comment on which side they would take( I won't see one of them but I'd probably take a look at the post from the "moderate Republican backer", The Communist Chinese cleaning house or the muzzies attempting to turn the modern world back into the 7th century..