Thread: Activist critical of police undergoes use of force scenarios

Activist critical of police undergoes use of force scenarios

Liberal = Conservative who has yet to be victimized. Case in point...

Senior Member Aggressive Perfector's Avatar

Excellent experiment.
    "Never take pity on a blind man. He may not be able to see, but he saves a fortune by getting the butt ugly hookers".

**Team GunsNet SILVER 12/2014** skorpion's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Aggressive Perfector View Post
    Excellent experiment.
    Agreed. Experiencing a situation that unfolds in such a rapid amount of time for yourself is a drastic departure from armchair quarterbacking an event in slow-motion with unlimited time to think while safely behind a computer or television screen. It seems like a lot of people don't realize that until they experience it for themselves.
    The pen is mightier than the sword, but only when you're shoving it through your enemy's throat.
    USMC Active Duty, 2004-2008
    Gunsnet Member since January 2003

Yep, hard to judge these until you walk a mile in the other guys shoes.

Great find 308, thanks for posting.

Team GunsNet Platinum 02/2015 davepool's Avatar

Jared is our local black community leader, not the race baiter al sharptongue is by any means. He has been groomed since he was in his early teens for this job. He seems to be more inline with MLK than any of the current race hustlers in the news.
    I saw this a week or so ago and wish the rest of the folks screaming about police brutality were required to go through this experience

Team Gunsnet Platinum 06/2016 ltorlo64's Avatar

I respect the pastor of accepting the offer to go to the training and I respect him even more for being able to admit that his views were not quite correct.
    "Nothing ever gets so bad that government "help" can't make it worse." Pat Garrett, March 22, 2014

"HATE IS GOOD, WHEN ITS DIRECTED AT EVIL." PROBASCO, April 20, 2012

I tried to push the envelope, but found that it was stationery.

Have you heard about the new corduroy pillows? They're making head lines!

NRA Endowment Member

Team GunsNet Platinum 02/2015 davepool's Avatar

Yep, at least he shot his attacker instead of dropping the gun a running away.

Forum Administrator Schuetzenman's Avatar

Interesting video. It does show just how fast a situation can go lethal.

Quote Originally Posted by ltorlo64 View Post
    I respect the pastor of accepting the offer to go to the training and I respect him even more for being able to admit that his views were not quite correct.
    My wife just showed me the same video. I also have respect for the Pastor.

I wonder what he thinks about all the crime in the black community that leads up to these often lethal encounters with police?
    "And how we burned in the camps later thinking, what would things have been like, if every security operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain, whether he would return alive and had to say good-bye to his family?"

Quote Originally Posted by ltorlo64 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by davepool View Post
    Yep, at least he shot his attacker instead of dropping the gun a running away.
    Quote Originally Posted by Schuetzenman View Post
    Interesting video. It does show just how fast a situation can go lethal.
    Good points!
    It's a shame there aren't more people willing to be "educated" in such a manner. The experience "broadens" the mind.
    “I have little patience with people who take the Bill of Rights for granted. The Bill of Rights, contained in the first ten amendments to the Constitution, is every American’s guarantee of freedom.” - - President Harry S. Truman, “Years of Trial and Hope”

I think what he said at the end is the best part of clip. Just comply. We're not going to have you do some stupid shit. Sometimes we show up on a scene and it's pandemonium and we have no clue who did what or who the aggressor is. Generally, we'll have people just have a seat on the curb until we can try to get a handle on what's going on. I don't think that "hey, have a seat on the curb" is too egregious. If you're the victim, or even a completely innocent bystander, sitting on a curb for 2 minutes until we can figure out what in the hell is going on isn't going to kill you.

Guns Network Lifetime Member #2

Quote Originally Posted by Charliebravo View Post
    I think what he said at the end is the best part of clip. Just comply. We're not going to have you do some stupid shit. Sometimes we show up on a scene and it's pandemonium and we have no clue who did what or who the aggressor is. Generally, we'll have people just have a seat on the curb until we can try to get a handle on what's going on. I don't think that "hey, have a seat on the curb" is too egregious. If you're the victim, or even a completely innocent bystander, sitting on a curb for 2 minutes until we can figure out what in the hell is going on isn't going to kill you.
    Unless you have a plunger up your butt in a NY police station. Playing devils advocate tonight. Seriously, If you don't follow a cops instructions that are lawful, you're setting yourself up for a world of hurt.
    Last edited by 1 Patriot-of-many; 01-15-2015 at 11:23 PM.

Contributor 02/2014 FunkyPertwee's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 1 Patriot-of-many View Post
    Unless you have a plunger up your butt in a NY police station. Playing devils advocate tonight. Seriously, If you don't follow a cops instructions that are lawful, you're setting yourself up for a world of hurt.
    Ass to pussy on both girls with the same glove starts at 2:52

"I'm fucking furious, I'm violently angry, and I like it. If you don't know what that feels like then I feel bad for you"

I have a hard time even wrapping my head around these dirty cops. Remember the adage "you get what you pay for"? Well, it's the same in police work. My agency only has a little over 90 officers, but a vast majority have Bachelor's Degrees, there are 7 or 8 Master's Degrees floating around, and our Criminal Investigations Lieutenant is a lawyer. In exchange for that level of education and expertise, our city's management treats us VERY well. A regular patrolman pulls down $80K/yr.......although after overtime and extra jobs, it's not uncommon for a regular beat cop to pull down $100K. That may not be much in some markets, but you can live quite well on that in North Texas. My point being that I don't ever have to deal with these dirty cop issues because we hire only the best at my agency. Even the ones that make it through the hiring process get washed out in training if they're violent, abusive, or otherwise dirty.

dirty is the worst.
    PRAISE KEK
    FATHER OF CHAOS
    BRINGER OF DAY
    IN THY WEBBED HANDS WE PLACE OUR FAITH
    SHADILAY, SHADILAY!

Sheriff Joe cordially invited Rev Sharpton to take this exercise. I don't think Al responded yet.
    FBHO

Funky - after seeing that video, I could almost hope that one or both of those women got some kind of vaginal infection. With that video showing that incredibly stupid female officer doing the search in the reverse order of what she SHOULD have done, there would be little doubt abouit the cause of the infection!
    SHEEZ!!
    “I have little patience with people who take the Bill of Rights for granted. The Bill of Rights, contained in the first ten amendments to the Constitution, is every American’s guarantee of freedom.” - - President Harry S. Truman, “Years of Trial and Hope”

Contributor 02/2014 FunkyPertwee's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JTHunter View Post
    Funky - after seeing that video, I could almost hope that one or both of those women got some kind of vaginal infection. With that video showing that incredibly stupid female officer doing the search in the reverse order of what she SHOULD have done, there would be little doubt abouit the cause of the infection!
    SHEEZ!!
    There is NO WAY IN HELL that the police woman didn't know that she was doing it in the reverse order or that she needed to change gloves.

She did that to humiliate those girls by abusing their genetalia. That was a bull dyke getting off on abusing her power. That simple.
    "I'm fucking furious, I'm violently angry, and I like it. If you don't know what that feels like then I feel bad for you"