Thread: want to use a new shop

want to use a new shop

but figured I would run it past the board first.
    I am not buying anything major but I also do not need a pain ita to start the new year.
    the name of the business is Desert Fox Sales, has anyone here had any dealings with them?
    found them on the web while looking for another ak vendor.

this is something they offer that I do not believe I have seen before.
    what think ye, besides the price.

http://www.desertfoxsales.com/Search...arch=dfs-177kc
    Last edited by l921428x; 01-14-2015 at 08:23 AM.
    While no one ever listens to me,
    I am constantly being told to be quiet.

In a world of snowflakes,
    be the heat..

Contributor 02/2014 FunkyPertwee's Avatar

Looks like a Krebs safety. Lots of people recommend these.

I'd probably try one if it weren't for the BHO notch that lets shit in with the dust cover closed. Plus I can already reach the standard safety with my middle finger from the pistol grip.
    "I'm fucking furious, I'm violently angry, and I like it. If you don't know what that feels like then I feel bad for you"

Senior Member Aggressive Perfector's Avatar

The BHO notch aside... Why the fuck would anyone pay $65 for an AK Safety selector? I'd pass on it.
    "Never take pity on a blind man. He may not be able to see, but he saves a fortune by getting the butt ugly hookers".

Forum Administrator Schuetzenman's Avatar

Seems about 30 bucks too high from what I remember that type of safety going for.

Contributor 02/2014 FunkyPertwee's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Aggressive Perfector View Post
    The BHO notch aside... Why the fuck would anyone pay $65 for an AK Safety selector? I'd pass on it.
    So they can quickly click the safety off and on like some kind of tactical AR operator.

You get to used to shit like that, then you feel disadvantage when you have to pick up a stock rifle.
    "I'm fucking furious, I'm violently angry, and I like it. If you don't know what that feels like then I feel bad for you"

I suppose if I was a bad ass special secret seal team master sergeant shooter person operative I'd have that problem. lol
    "Never take pity on a blind man. He may not be able to see, but he saves a fortune by getting the butt ugly hookers".

well to me it is difficult to take the safety off with the under folder closed and ranges are starting to move
    towards having the bolt open when you are not at the line. so that is the reason for the hold open
    feature. so it works two ways but 65 does seem high.

be the heat..

http://www.amazon.com/Tapco-Intrafus...r+flagsChamber Chamber flags can be had for a dollar or two. Here's a pack of 6. Simply place the post in your empty chamber, and the flag will hold your bolt open and allow for visual confirmation your weapon is clear.

yeah that'll work. but I still like the way the flange, on the selector, offsets and comes farther back.
    but 65 is way to much.
    have you ever heard of desert fox sales?

be the heat..

I've heard the name, I think they're out of Arizona (could be wrong), but I've had no dealings with them to tell you if they suck or not. I just think you're spending too much on such a trivial item. It's your rifle, do as you please, but I'm willing to bet you can find the same selector for half that price elsewhere. Do some googleing bud, just my 2 cents.

naw man you got it wrong. I'm not buying that selector, i am buying a spring kit, axis pin, detent pin and the like.
    my bitch was about when you need 6 or 7 parts you will find 5 and then you find the last for 4 bucks and shipping
    is 5, 10 dollars. that is how I came across this co., I was trying to find all the parts in one place.

a selector is on the list but a more realistic charge would be better.

be the heat..