Thread: ares armor

Team Gunsnet SILVER 05/2012 deth502's Avatar

ares armor

thoughts??

Senior Member Aggressive Perfector's Avatar

Haven't heard anything about them recently. Otherwise all I can say is the raid the ATF pulled was b/s.
    "Never take pity on a blind man. He may not be able to see, but he saves a fortune by getting the butt ugly hookers".

short story, on another forum, trying to be helpful, i posted their sale on 80% lowers for $39.95 (its a builders forum, i know you can get complete lowers for thatt, but some people perfer to diy, and the 80% go for $80+) and it just erupted into a shit storm of bitching and moaning about them.

theres quite the shitstorm around them, stemming from that atf raid, and it seems to have the gun community quite divided.

without saying any more- anyone in the know will know what im talking about - i was wondering how the members here felt.

Contributor 02/2014 FunkyPertwee's Avatar

I support them whole heartedly. The owner is a Iraq veteran, a patriot, and is doing a damn fine job of sticking to the ATF. If you follow their facebook posts, you'll see they've handed the ATF their own ass in court several times, almost always under hilarious circumstances.

If they sold more products that I was interested in I would buy from them just to support some good guys.

I think the nay-sayers are a bunch of pussies too scared to declare their enmity with the ATF.
    "I'm fucking furious, I'm violently angry, and I like it. If you don't know what that feels like then I feel bad for you"

this is a sampling of the sentiment i got. i was wondering if this was the general consensus.

This sentiment needs to spread to other gun boards IMO to many are afraid to speak out for fear of ridicule as being anti gun an not standing together .

they need to be put on notice that there not supported by many gun owners an were refusing to buy there product.
    Sigh... these "activist" dudes yapping on and building AR's right outside the capitol are about the only thing that could get open carry to not-pass here...

I know I know, "if gun people were as active as gay people, MG's would be cash-and-carry." Sorry, but no. It doesn't work that way when the media doesn't like you.
    What Ares and the rest of the idiots that think like them are accomplishing is reinforcing the stereotype that gun people are nuts and dangerous ... Nothing more!
    Dimitri Karras (ares armor ), Cody Wilson (defense distributed), Adam Lanza (or whatever that sick fucks name was) and all the twisted fucks who think like them are the problem...
    As soon as idiots like Ares Armor and Defense Distributed stop trying to provoke with ridiculous "work around solutions" to a non existent problem just to make a buck then maybe new laws will not be needed.

Like xxxxxxxx pointed out, extremes never helped any cause...open carrying an AR15 in a restaurant does not help with the cause either...

For guns to be seen as "a normal thing" again people need to start acting "normal" and not pretend to be "Robin hood" while in the mean time making tons of money from the show they are putting on.

letter i referred to in a post i deleted, because reading it back, i dont think i came across as a functional literate.

Quote Originally Posted by Dimitrios Karras
    There are many out there who purport to have an interest in the furtherance of liberty and yet choose the path of the coward.

I ask them one question, “How dark is it under that rock?”

I have noticed the coward’s modus operandi is to band together with weak spirited kin to justify their lack of intestinal fortitude. They look to one another and say, “Look at how intelligent we are. We fall in line, we grovel and we stay out of sight. If we hide and only exercise our rights in secret, our rights won’t be taken from us!”

If you lose your rights simply by the exercise thereof, did you ever have those same rights in the first place?

Like crabs in a bucket, as soon as one tries to climb out, the others drag him back in. As he climbs he can feel the air of freedom just inches away. Just as his liberty is moments from his grasp he is thrust back into captivity, not by his original captor but by his fellow inmates. In this bucket he stays. In this bucket he dies.

Why is it that the faint of heart feel the need to keep others in line with their fearful views of the world? I believe it to be a symptom of the malady that plagues them. They have struck together a creed and in that creed their thoughts are safe. Their creed is of compliance. Their creed is of appeasement. Their creed is of cowardice. If they look and see one who does not follow this creed, it forces them to evaluate their own actions and their own thoughts. It forces them to look inside their own souls and stare their shameful nature in the face.
    http://aresarmor.com/store/NewsArticle/Ltr_To_Cowards
    Last edited by deth502; 01-14-2015 at 10:58 PM.

Dimitri Karras (ares armor ), Cody Wilson (defense distributed), Adam Lanza (or whatever that sick fucks name was) and all the twisted fucks who think like them are the problem...
    As soon as idiots like Ares Armor and Defense Distributed stop trying to provoke with ridiculous "work around solutions" to a non existent problem just to make a buck then maybe new laws will not be needed.
    That tells me everything I need to know about the anti-Ares crowd.

And it reminds me of the few folks on gunsnet that wanted us to give up hi-cap mags, private sales, and a number of other rights following Sandy Hook, all in order to appease the left.

I wonder, since the Ares armor polymer 80% lower was deemed in Federal court to fall under the ATF's own definition of 80% and Ares has been acquitted, does the anti-Ares crowd want to stop all production of 80% lowers, or just Ares' lower?
    "I'm fucking furious, I'm violently angry, and I like it. If you don't know what that feels like then I feel bad for you"

Indiana, a state that is trying to remain free.
    So this is a firearm person who is saying
    ?

Sorry, but the constitution and ATF are in direct conflict, and I hope Ares Armor stomps on the jack boots from Washington.

Quote Originally Posted by deth502 View Post
    letter i referred to in a post i deleted, because reading it back, i dont think i came across as a functional literate.
    I understood what you meant. And I agree with Dimitrios's statement regarding the frightened sheep that refuse to exercise their rights out fear of pissing off their oppressors.

Just out of curiosity, what board was this on? So I know better than to ever sign up there. Bunch of spineless fucks over there.
    "Never take pity on a blind man. He may not be able to see, but he saves a fortune by getting the butt ugly hookers".

**Team GunsNet SILVER 12/2014** skorpion's Avatar

Ares Armor sent this letter to the ATF (not kidding):

The pen is mightier than the sword, but only when you're shoving it through your enemy's throat.
    USMC Active Duty, 2004-2008
    Gunsnet Member since January 2003

Indiana, a state that is trying to remain free.
    Somehow I don't think ATF has the IQ to understand that letter, but it is a good attempt at getting the point across to anyone without an anti-constitution agenda.

Quote Originally Posted by FunkyPertwee View Post
    I wonder, since the Ares armor polymer 80% lower was deemed in Federal court to fall under the ATF's own definition of 80% and Ares has been acquitted, does the anti-Ares crowd want to stop all production of 80% lowers, or just Ares' lower?
    the polymer 80% clusterfuck is still going on. they got the atf to return the polymer lowers they took (minus 18 of what the atf calls "firearms" that got "lost" in their custody) but they are in the custody of ares lawyers until they are deemed legal to sell. so, they have possession back, but the case isint resolved.

the one that really got me was when they compared ares and dd to adam lanza. wtf?!?!

Quote Originally Posted by deth502 View Post
    the polymer 80% clusterfuck is still going on. they got the atf to return the polymer lowers they took (minus 18 of what the atf calls "firearms" that got "lost" in their custody) but they are in the custody of ares lawyers until they are deemed legal to sell. so, they have possession back, but the case isint resolved.
    Ah. Thanks for clarification.

Forum Administrator Schuetzenman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by skorpion View Post

Nice!

Quote Originally Posted by skorpion View Post

I seriously just had to run to the bathroom after seeing that! Lmfao!!!