Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Magpul AK Furniture

@Funky...In the photo it looks like the CH will contact the buttpad before getting to full stroke. Could just be the angle tho.

Contributor 02/2014 FunkyPertwee's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 308 View Post
    @Funky...In the photo it looks like the CH will contact the buttpad before getting to full stroke. Could just be the angle tho.
    I'm just going by what magpul said. I'm sure its close though.
    "I'm fucking furious, I'm violently angry, and I like it. If you don't know what that feels like then I feel bad for you"

Contributor 02/2014 FunkyPertwee's Avatar

Looking back at the first post, it looks like magpul is going to include wedge shaped spacers that you can add to ensure a proper stock angle.
    "I'm fucking furious, I'm violently angry, and I like it. If you don't know what that feels like then I feel bad for you"

Team Gunsnet Silver 02/14 - Moderator recon's Avatar

AK Pmag.

Buy It Cheap!
    Stack It Deep!

Original Member-July-1999!

Good discussion going on at AR15 com on the AK Magpul mags.
    http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_4_64/157996_.html&page=5
    Buy It Cheap!
    Stack It Deep!

Forum Administrator Schuetzenman's Avatar

Dropping mags from 6 feet on their feed lips. Let me think about that. Hummm..... I'm 6'-2" tall and my mag pouches usually are on my belt line give or take 12" depending on system. That means 3 to 4 feet off the ground. Shot many an AK at ranges and competitions. I have yet to drop a mag on its feed lips from head height on concrete. My point is how do you drop a loaded mag on feed lips from 6'? In combat (never been in it other than Paint Ball) I would think we would all be on our bellies or crouching as low as possible putting the ground 2 feet or less away. I know in Paint Ball games that's exactly where I was, on the ground or crouching behind a tree etc. except when running and I don't think I'd ever change a mag while at a full run, I'd do it before taking off or after I went from point A to point B.

Oh and somehow I've managed to never run over my magazines with a; car, truck or duce and a half.

what if you get uppercutted while changing mags and it does fall 6-7 feets? at least you know it wont be damaged.

falling off a building or parachuting into a bad guy area are the only other reasons I can see high altitude mag changes.
    PRAISE KEK
    FATHER OF CHAOS
    BRINGER OF DAY
    IN THY WEBBED HANDS WE PLACE OUR FAITH
    SHADILAY, SHADILAY!

Senior Member Aggressive Perfector's Avatar

That stuff is just done to show how strong the mags are. Better to have equipment stronger than needed for any given task than easily broken crud.
    "Never take pity on a blind man. He may not be able to see, but he saves a fortune by getting the butt ugly hookers".

Buy It Cheap!
    Stack It Deep!

Got to hold the Magpul type folder today! It was at the Sportsman Show here in Harrisburg, PA. I was wondering if the bolt handle would slide past this when folded. It did but over all I wish it would fold to the left.

Buy It Cheap!
    Stack It Deep!

Forum Administrator Schuetzenman's Avatar

Folding to the left has it's down side. Most AK sight mounts (red dot or scope) are on the left side. If it folded left it wouldn't fold very flat if a sight is mounted to the base.

Senior Member Aggressive Perfector's Avatar

^This. As long as the charging handle can clear it, it isn't a problem.
    "Never take pity on a blind man. He may not be able to see, but he saves a fortune by getting the butt ugly hookers".

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12