Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: US govt prepares to crack down upon the internet and the 1st Amendment

Site Admin & **Team Gunsnet Silver 12/2012** Richard Simmons's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 5.56NATO View Post
    You know, adults are talking here, maybe you should stick to walking dead threads where you won't be disturbed by conspiracies?
    That's ok. You grownups just keep on talking, I'll try not to interrupt your fantasy any more.
    Gunsnet member since 1999
    USN 1978-86
    BCCI Life Member #2068

•" We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm. " George Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Simmons View Post
    That's ok. You grownups just keep on talking, I'll try not to interrupt your fantasy any more.
    Let me ask you this:

It's well known history that various governments have used staged, false flag "attacks" to further a particular agenda (for example, the "Reichstag fire" or "Operation Canned Goods" which led to the German invasion of Poland and the start of WW-II).

Do you say with 100% certainty and belief that the UNITED STATES government has never, ever staged any false flag "attack", at any time, anywhere?

Do you say "Yeah, sure lots of other countries did it but NEVER the USA"?

Please check one:

[ ] I believe the USA never, ever staged a false flag attack.
    [ ] I believe the USA staged at least one false flag attack sometime, somewhere.

Depending on your reply, the discussion will continue.
    Gentlemen may prefer Blondes, but Real Men prefer Redheads!

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Simmons View Post
    Here's a conspiracy theory for ya Richard...

Beginning Oct. of this year, the ECM takes it's regular 8.6 year downturn...however this time, the debt and search for income (taxes) by local, state, federal and world governments means the entire house of cards starts coming apart then, resulting in a world wide depression the likes of which hasn't been seen since the end of the Holy Roman Empire...
    If we refuse to rule ourselves with reason, then we shall be ruled by our passions.

He, Who Will Not Reason, Is a Bigot; He, Who Cannot, Is a Fool; and He, Who Dares Not, Is a Slave. -Sir William Drummond

There are some things I will not abide within my sight!

Hey Roger, how about a box for "I know the US has staged a false flag attack"?

Project TP-Ajax, 1953 Iran.

We had Iranians bomb things while pretending to be communists to overthrow the government.

However this is a far cry from say, the government bringing down the WTC Towers....

Quote Originally Posted by Oswald Bastable View Post
    Here's a conspiracy theory for ya Richard...

Beginning Oct. of this year, the ECM takes it's regular 8.6 year downturn...however this time, the debt and search for income (taxes) by local, state, federal and world governments means the entire house of cards starts coming apart then, resulting in a world wide depression the likes of which hasn't been seen since the end of the Holy Roman Empire...
    I agree with Oswald, yes that is a dumb conspiracy theory.

Well, actually, to be accurate, it's not a conspiracy theory, it's an economic theory.

Not even sure "theory" is the right word. Prediction is more accurate, or perhaps "thesis" as it is purported to be backed up with "evidence".

Anyway, yes Oswald, I agree with you...either way, it's pretty dumb.

Oh Goody!

Another dain bramaged libtard who will be room temperature, and with whom I will not need to compete for resources.

I love you guys! You make my job so much easier.
    Last edited by Oswald Bastable; 01-19-2015 at 01:32 AM.
    If we refuse to rule ourselves with reason, then we shall be ruled by our passions.

He, Who Will Not Reason, Is a Bigot; He, Who Cannot, Is a Fool; and He, Who Dares Not, Is a Slave. -Sir William Drummond

You make my job so much easier.
    Of buying into every lame brained theory except global warming?

Seriously, aren't you old enough to have learned that all the predictions of impending doom come and go without even a fizzle?

It's like every Christian thinks "the rapture" is going to happen in their lifetime.....Hint: it ain't.

History happens in our lifetime...and it tends to repeat.

History happens in our lifetime...and it tends to repeat.
    And History happened before our lifetime, and will happen after.

As to it repeating...eh, not so much. Occasionally similar things happen. Either by natural occurrence, or simply the limited-ness of human behavior. But actual repetition...not so much, time just flows in the one direction. Events of the past do not reoccur.

Julius Caesar was born on July 12, 100 BC, that will not happen again. He will not cross the Rubicon again.

Now, of course many things that have happened before will occur again...the sun will rise and set, babies will be born and people will die.

Men will guess at the future, and those who make small guesses based on good evidence will often be close to right. Those who make wild guesses based on supposed "patterns" will be laughed at, by most. Some will believe...we call them fools. Time will almost invariably prove them such. And after it does, they will often go on to believe some other wild prediction and be proven fools once more.

I suppose in a way that is history repeating itself, the fool shall be proven a fool over and over again.

There is nothing wrong with your TV set...

There is nothing wrong with your TV set...
    I don't own a TV set.

Just the fact that some geniuses were laughed at does not imply that all who are laughed at are geniuses. They laughed at Columbus, they laughed at Fulton, they laughed at the Wright brothers. But they also laughed at Bozo the Clown.
    Carl Sagan

Site Admin & **Team Gunsnet Silver 12/2012** Richard Simmons's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Krupski View Post
    Let me ask you this:

It's well known history that various governments have used staged, false flag "attacks" to further a particular agenda (for example, the "Reichstag fire" or "Operation Canned Goods" which led to the German invasion of Poland and the start of WW-II).

Do you say with 100% certainty and belief that the UNITED STATES government has never, ever staged any false flag "attack", at any time, anywhere?

Do you say "Yeah, sure lots of other countries did it but NEVER the USA"?

Please check one:

[ ] I believe the USA never, ever staged a false flag attack.
    [ ] I believe the USA staged at least one false flag attack sometime, somewhere.

Depending on your reply, the discussion will continue.
    How about "it's entirely possible the US has staged a false flag event". I would say yes, it's possible but I've seen no proof.
    Gunsnet member since 1999
    USN 1978-86
    BCCI Life Member #2068

•" We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm. " George Orwell

Team Gunsnet Platinum 06/2016 ltorlo64's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kadmos View Post
    It's like every Christian thinks "the rapture" is going to happen in their lifetime.....Hint: it ain't.
    Some day it will.
    "Nothing ever gets so bad that government "help" can't make it worse." Pat Garrett, March 22, 2014

"HATE IS GOOD, WHEN ITS DIRECTED AT EVIL." PROBASCO, April 20, 2012

I tried to push the envelope, but found that it was stationery.

Have you heard about the new corduroy pillows? They're making head lines!

NRA Endowment Member

Quote Originally Posted by ltorlo64 View Post
    Some day it will.
    Er...nope, don't think so.

Although I did hear a interesting theory that it already happened, it was the Black Death, and now we are in 1000 years of chaos...

Team Gunsnet Platinum 06/2016 ltorlo64's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kadmos View Post
    Er...nope, don't think so.

Although I did hear a interesting theory that it already happened, it was the Black Death, and now we are in 1000 years of chaos...
    You and I have different opinions on this, and both are based on faith. You don't have to think so but that will not stop me from thinking it will. I guess time will tell which of our faiths is right. This is not meant to be a challenge, even though it sounds like it. It is just a statement of fact. Either time will show you are right and nothing happens or time will stop when the rapture happens, showing my faith to be correct. Time will tell.
    "Nothing ever gets so bad that government "help" can't make it worse." Pat Garrett, March 22, 2014

"HATE IS GOOD, WHEN ITS DIRECTED AT EVIL." PROBASCO, April 20, 2012

I tried to push the envelope, but found that it was stationery.

Have you heard about the new corduroy pillows? They're making head lines!

NRA Endowment Member

Guns Network Contributor 03/2015 jakebrake's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jet3534 View Post
    OBEY
    MARRY AND REPRODUCE
    NO INDEPENDENT THOUGHT
    CONSUME
    CONFORM
    SUBMIT
    STAY ASLEEP
    BUY
    WATCH TV
    NO IMAGINATION
    DO NOT QUESTION AUTHORITY
    War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

remember that, proles.

Quote Originally Posted by ltorlo64 View Post
    You and I have different opinions on this, and both are based on faith. You don't have to think so but that will not stop me from thinking it will. I guess time will tell which of our faiths is right. This is not meant to be a challenge, even though it sounds like it. It is just a statement of fact. Either time will show you are right and nothing happens or time will stop when the rapture happens, showing my faith to be correct. Time will tell.
    True.

All I can say is for me, it just seems highly unlikely.

I think the most likely is we both will be long dead and still nothing will have happened

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12