Thread: About that Boy Who Came Back from Heaven...

Unhappy About that Boy Who Came Back from Heaven...

Nearly five years after it hit bestseller lists, a book that purported to be a six-year-old boy's story of visiting angels and heaven after suffering a bad car crash is being pulled from shelves. The young man at the center of The Boy Who Came Back from Heaven, Alex Malarkey, said this week that the story was all made up.

The book's publisher, Tyndale House, had promoted it as "a supernatural encounter that will give you new insights on Heaven, angels, and hearing the voice of God."

But Thursday, Tyndale House confirmed to NPR that it is taking "the book and all ancillary products out of print."

The decision to pull the book comes after Alex Malarkey wrote an open letter to retailer LifeWay and others who sell Christian books and religious materials. It was published this week on the Pulpit and Pen website.

"I did not die. I did not go to Heaven," Alex wrote. He continued, "I said I went to heaven because I thought it would get me attention. When I made the claims that I did, I had never read the Bible. People have profited from lies, and continue to. They should read the Bible, which is enough. The Bible is the only source of truth. Anything written by man cannot be infallible."
    http://www.npr.org/blogs/thetwo-way/...will-pull-book

I don't know what's more sad: the dad taking advantage of the kid like that to sell his story, or that so many people got suckered in to buying that book and watching that film, shooting it up the best-seller list.

I know people really want to believe, but FFS people, exercise some common sense. "If it sounds too good to be true..."
    "That tyranny has all the vices both of democracy and oligarchy is evident. As of oligarchy so of tyranny, the end is wealth; (for by wealth only can the tyrant maintain either his guard or his luxury). Both mistrust the people, and therefore deprive them of their arms." -- Aristotle, Book V, 350 B.C.E

Indiana, a state that is trying to remain free.
    What a bunch of malarkey!

Oh wait, that's the family name. Coincidence?

Team Guns Network Silver 04/2013 alismith's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LAGC View Post
    http://www.npr.org/blogs/thetwo-way/...will-pull-book

I don't know what's more sad: the dad taking advantage of the kid like that to sell his story, or that so many people got suckered in to buying that book and watching that film, shooting it up the best-seller list.

I know people really want to believe, but FFS people, exercise some common sense. "If it sounds too good to be true..."
    Damn, you, actually, made sense here. Mayhap you should apply said advice personally, concerning Man-made Globull Warming....
    "Valar morghulis; valar dohaeris."

Commucrats are most efficient at converting sins and crimes to accidents or misunderstandings.-Oswald Bastable

Making good people helpless won't make bad people harmless.

Freedom isn't free.

"Attitude is the paintbrush that colors our world." TV Series, Haven.

My Spirit Animal has rabies.

I'd rather be an American than a Democrat.

"If you can make a man afraid, you can control him" Netflix Series, The Irregulars

Here's a boy who did come back from heaven;
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xh4v-FAcvGE
    Sad that there are profiteers in gods name, but you know how that goes.

On a like note, I had a friend tell me of his nde. He was going to work one foggy morning, his dad was driving the car, and they rear ended a stopped dump truck at about 60mph. I said so you're driving along and then there's the crash and you're where now? He said it was like a dark cave with a tunnel he could see down, and at the end of the tunnel was a light, and he couldn't move, he was more or less paralysed. And his dad was there too, but his dad was like early 30s looking with a full head of red hair, not bald and old and wrinkled like he was when driving that morning. That really surprised my friend seeing his dad like that but he knew it was his dad. Anyway a big fat ugly demon with 3 sets of eyes came towards them in the cave and his dad ran past my friend and kicked this demons ass all over the place till it left them and then picked my friend up and started carrying him down the tunnel towards the light. I said ok so how do you end up back here with us? He said his dad said that he (my friend) had to go back and his dad left him there in the tunnel while he ran down the tunnel towards the light. My friend was in a coma for weeks and wasn't expected to live, much less have brain function. His dad had died instantly in the crash.
    "And how we burned in the camps later thinking, what would things have been like, if every security operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain, whether he would return alive and had to say good-bye to his family?"

As Obama supporters continue to demonstrate, people are uncritical when presented with a good con. Won't you be honest and admit you have been suckered by all of the liberal politicians you have supported.

Forum Administrator Schuetzenman's Avatar

I'm sure our resident troll is jumping for joy and rubbing his hands together on this one. For surely this proves that God and Heaven do not exist.

Team Guns Network Silver 04/2013 alismith's Avatar

I don't believe anything people, who claim to have died and came back, say about their NDE. If they really died, they wouldn't come back. If they came back, they really didn't die.

Everything they say is just an illusion (dream) based on what their belief about the afterlife. If you get a chance, read, The Demon-Haunted World: Science as A Candle in the Dark, by Carl Sagan. In it, he explains how NDE's work.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Demon-Haunted_World
    Last edited by alismith; 01-16-2015 at 05:42 PM.
    "Valar morghulis; valar dohaeris."

Commucrats are most efficient at converting sins and crimes to accidents or misunderstandings.-Oswald Bastable

Making good people helpless won't make bad people harmless.

Freedom isn't free.

"Attitude is the paintbrush that colors our world." TV Series, Haven.

My Spirit Animal has rabies.

I'd rather be an American than a Democrat.

"If you can make a man afraid, you can control him" Netflix Series, The Irregulars

Quote Originally Posted by alismith View Post
    .... If they really died, they wouldn't come back. If they came back, they really didn't die....
    This.

The Bible does not support this "occurrence" except for ONE case and that's why it was such big deal and why it was detailed so thoroughly.

I like Hank's explanation: http://www.equip.org/articles/heaven...n-real-really/
    Last edited by rktman; 01-16-2015 at 05:28 PM.

With respect to dead people returning I like the following book:

http://www.amazon.com/Twenty-Cases-S.../dp/0813908728

PA, where the cold is only matched by the isolation
    Quote Originally Posted by rktman View Post
    This.

The Bible does not support this "occurrence" except for ONE case and that's why it was such big deal and why it was detailed so thoroughly.
    Not entirely true, there are 3 or 4 instances where people are brought back from the dead. Jesus did it with 2 different people, and one of the old testament prophets did it.

Yes you're correct.