Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Saw American Sniper last night

Team Gunsnet SILVER 05/2012 deth502's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by alismith View Post
    Michael Moore and Seth Rogen are backpedaling on their comments about American Sniper now. It seems they received a lot of negative comments from people who read their tweets.

Now, like all good Liberals, they are claiming that their comments were taken out of context and that they really liked the movie...

Yeah, right... More Liberal double-speak and covering their tracks....

i saw all kinds of trending stories about this on fb this morning, but couldnt read them as i had to go to work. i was intrigued to see all the shit these idiots brought upon themselves.

i just got done reading a few articles, and i have to say, not that they arent liberal douchers, but i do kinda think the little things they said were made out to be much bigger than they were.

im sure they *think* what people are bitching about, but what they actually said does not come close to the sentiments that are being attributed to them.

again, im not sticking up for moore, and it makes me sick to feel that it might look like i am, but i am just fed up with any and all "news" and the media. BOTH side are nothing but attention whoring loudmouths that have to blow everything out of proportion and report about how the sky is constantly falling to be more sensational than the last just for veiwership. the truth dosent matter any more, no one give a fuck about the truth, only ratings.

Team Gunsnet SILVER 05/2012 deth502's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by L1A1Rocker View Post
    BUT, if Ventura had any honor at all, he would not have accepted the monetary award. A person of honor would have mad a statement after wining to the affect of. "My name and reputation are restored, that is all I really wanted, and I'm forgoing the the monetary award. My intention was never to cause any harm to Kyle's family, only to restore my name."

But no, that peace of crap Ventura is going full bore trying to get his pound of flesh from Kyle's widow. He is scum.
    this in a nutshell. like i said, i thnk he was just trying to pad his book, lots of authors do it. then again, he could have been that drunk that he saw someone and truthfully thought it was ventura, who knows. but the bottom line, true or not, is that ^^^

Senior Member Aggressive Perfector's Avatar

I'm not going to weigh in on this Ventura nonsense. It's a b/s dispute between two men that none of us took part in.

I have yet to read his book, but I did watch this movie. All the shit in the movie with his wife and such... It's just a look at the toll his service took on his family. This movie obviously wasn't intended to be the sniper version of Black Hawk Down, nor was it an over the top highly fictionalized account of his service (did we really want to see this spun into a bad 1980's Arnold Schwatzenegger flick?). I'd be lying if I said I was in love with the movie, but it was very well done. My two cents, the guy is an American bad ass and a hero. He worked with Veterans suffering from PTSD after his return, something he dealt with to some extent himself, and ultimately lost his life doing. I won't be shit talking the man.
    "Never take pity on a blind man. He may not be able to see, but he saves a fortune by getting the butt ugly hookers".

And in other news;
    US Muslims threatened after 'American Sniper'
    Washington (AFP) - Muslims are facing increased threats in the United States after the release of the movie "American Sniper," an American-Arab organization said in letters to director Clint Eastwood and star Bradley Cooper.

In the open letters released earlier this week, the American-Arab Anti-Discrimination Committee (ADC) said there has been a spike in violent threats against Muslims due to the film that portrays the story of an American sniper during the Iraq war.

"A majority of the violent threats we have seen over the past few days are (a) result of how Arab and Muslims are depicted in American Sniper," the ADC said.
    http://news.yahoo.com/us-muslims-thr...224720836.html

For some reason I bet if investigated those threats will have been phoned in from phones owned by muslims.
    "And how we burned in the camps later thinking, what would things have been like, if every security operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain, whether he would return alive and had to say good-bye to his family?"

Man, here I came into this thread looking to burst the "Myth of Kyle" bubble, but I see everyone has already beaten me to it (the nasty Ventura business, lying about many of his combat experiences, etc.)

I won't deny he's certainly served his country, maybe not as honorably as the movie tries to glamorize, but I still think he's a dumbass for taking someone just two days released fresh out of a mental hospital (against family wishes) to the gun range to "vent steam." I understand trying to help veterans diagnosed with PTSD, but you don't let untreated fucking schizophrenics anywhere near a fucking weapon unless you have a very serious death wish. I don't care how badass you think you are.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/p...rkest-chapter/

The whole incident was an anti's propaganda wet dream: "irresponsible gun owners", "deaths at the gun range", "why vets with PTSD shouldn't be trusted to own guns so we need universal background checks" -- the whole trifecta.

He should have stuck to pimping his book and making up more lies about Jesse Ventura instead of giving the antis so much ammo from his short-sighted actions.
    "That tyranny has all the vices both of democracy and oligarchy is evident. As of oligarchy so of tyranny, the end is wealth; (for by wealth only can the tyrant maintain either his guard or his luxury). Both mistrust the people, and therefore deprive them of their arms." -- Aristotle, Book V, 350 B.C.E

Team GunsNet Silver 12/2011 N/A's Avatar

Texas...at the intersection of I-20 and the Korean War Veterans Memorial Higheway
    Little Marxist, you're part of the gene pool that needs a good douching...
    No enemy of America would have ever been killed if they didn't show up to be killed. HDR

Quote Originally Posted by N/A View Post
    Little Marxist, you're part of the gene pool that needs a good douching...
    Say what you will, but I still think Enemy at the Gates was a far better sniper flick from everything I've heard so far.
    "That tyranny has all the vices both of democracy and oligarchy is evident. As of oligarchy so of tyranny, the end is wealth; (for by wealth only can the tyrant maintain either his guard or his luxury). Both mistrust the people, and therefore deprive them of their arms." -- Aristotle, Book V, 350 B.C.E

Texas...at the intersection of I-20 and the Korean War Veterans Memorial Higheway
    Odd, you switched from calling Kyle a liar and fraud to saying you hear another movie is better....like one has something to do with the other. Never having served in the military in any kind of MOS, you can tell when a bona fide veteran is lying by hearing another movie is better than the one made about him.

Little marxist, like a good commie, why don't you sacrifice yourself for the greater good of mankind.
    No enemy of America would have ever been killed if they didn't show up to be killed. HDR

It's what he's heard, not what he knows.

Quote Originally Posted by 308 View Post
    It's what he's heard, not what he knows.
    Yep, and like a former President said..."they know so much that isn't true.".

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12