Thread: Good for Papa Johns. Delivery Driver shoots thug in the face!

Good for Papa Johns. Delivery Driver shoots thug in the face!

It's good to see they are not firing the employee after this and helping her deal with what happened. It's a good thing it wasn't a white male defending himself or this would be the next Trayvon Martin case.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2015/01/15...cmp=latestnews

**Team GunsNet SILVER 12/2014** skorpion's Avatar

Props to Papa Johns backing their employee for doing what's right. Pizza Hut would have fired her in a heartbeat. If there was a Papa Johns near me they'd have a new regular customer.
    The pen is mightier than the sword, but only when you're shoving it through your enemy's throat.
    USMC Active Duty, 2004-2008
    Gunsnet Member since January 2003

Team Gunsnet Platinum 06/2016 ltorlo64's Avatar

I am glad they are not firing her but they still have a policy of disarmament of their employees, including their delivery drivers.
    "Nothing ever gets so bad that government "help" can't make it worse." Pat Garrett, March 22, 2014

"HATE IS GOOD, WHEN ITS DIRECTED AT EVIL." PROBASCO, April 20, 2012

I tried to push the envelope, but found that it was stationery.

Have you heard about the new corduroy pillows? They're making head lines!

NRA Endowment Member

**Team GunsNet SILVER 12/2014** skorpion's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ltorlo64 View Post
    I am glad they are not firing her but they still have a policy of disarmament of their employees, including their delivery drivers.
    Ah, that's disappointing.

Good shoot...!!!!
    FBHO

Quote Originally Posted by ltorlo64 View Post

If they are doing what I'm hoping, then I think it's smart business. By having the policy, they are not setting themselves up for liability should a driver be in a bad shoot. But, by not enforcing the policy (wink, wink) their drivers are free to protect themselves. IF that is the case, I'm ok with it. And as a former business owner, I can understand it.
    US Constitution: Article 1 Section 8 Paragraph 4

The Congress shall have Power To establish an uniform Rule of Naturalization

Pj's also has wacky wednesday where you can get extra large with anything and everything on it for like $11 or so. I'm glad they didn't fire the driver, if they had it would make me rethink my beloved wacky wednesdays.
    "And how we burned in the camps later thinking, what would things have been like, if every security operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain, whether he would return alive and had to say good-bye to his family?"

Quote Originally Posted by L1A1Rocker View Post
    If they are doing what I'm hoping, then I think it's smart business. By having the policy, they are not setting themselves up for liability should a driver be in a bad shoot. But, by not enforcing the policy (wink, wink) their drivers are free to protect themselves. IF that is the case, I'm ok with it. And as a former business owner, I can understand it.
    That's exactly what I was thinking. When push comes to shove is when you know their true feelings on the subject. By stating its against company policy then no one can accuse them if one of their employees kills someone.

I still think they should not have it in their policy but supporting their employee is a big step IMO.

Forum Administrator Schuetzenman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by L1A1Rocker View Post
    Sounds possible or in this case because it was a female driver and there were two assailants they were smart enough to read the tea leaves on this. In other words they were smart enough to understand firing the driver would backfire on them big time and hurt sales.
    Last edited by Schuetzenman; 01-16-2015 at 05:03 PM.

I know we do not keep them in business but lets just say my wife and I are still satisfied customers
    While no one ever listens to me,
    I am constantly being told to be quiet.

In a world of snowflakes,
    be the heat..

Team GunsNetwork PLATINUM 10/2012 rci2950's Avatar

but what is the new role they are assigning her? Toilet scrubber? Or cigarette butt picker upper? Or are they actually being nice. Not just trying to look good?
    Gunsnet member since 2002
    Salt Water Cowboy - Dolphin 38

I think it said she works in the restaurant instead of doing deliveries.

Something else to consider is this may have been a franchisee's decision if that location wasn't corporate owned.

She needed a larger caliber, you send Obama's son to the morgue not the fricken hospital.

Turned his face into pizza will have to do I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by blacksheep View Post
    She needed a larger caliber, you send Obama's son to the morgue not the fricken hospital.

Turned his face into pizza will have to do I guess.
    I agree she should have used something bigger as a head shot should be lethal but not always! I saw a deal on TV years ago about a guy that got shot under the eye with a .357 mag and it blew half of his head off. He survived and was only partially disabled by the injury.