Thread: BREAKING NEWS!!!!

Here's to pussy and gunpowder. One to live for, the other to die by.....Goddamn though, I do love the smell of 'em both !!!

Contributor 02/2014 FunkyPertwee's Avatar

...use as a shoulder stock constitutes a “redesign” of the device because a possessor has changed the very function of the item.
    I can't imagine that standing up in court.

However, I'll continue to refrain from using the brace as a stock, and will continue to ONLY use it as intended, as all of my fellow gunsnet members have been doing as well.
    "I'm fucking furious, I'm violently angry, and I like it. If you don't know what that feels like then I feel bad for you"

and where are the checks and balances?????

Get ahold of your Reps . with the Repubs controlling everything we need to smash the atf.
    PRAISE KEK
    FATHER OF CHAOS
    BRINGER OF DAY
    IN THY WEBBED HANDS WE PLACE OUR FAITH
    SHADILAY, SHADILAY!

Didn't the ATF send a letter to a sheriff saying just the opposite of this?
    US Constitution: Article 1 Section 8 Paragraph 4

The Congress shall have Power To establish an uniform Rule of Naturalization

Quote Originally Posted by L1A1Rocker View Post
    Didn't the ATF send a letter to a sheriff saying just the opposite of this?
    Any individual letters stating otherwise are contrary to the plain language of the NFA, misapply Federal law, and are hereby revoked.http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/201...ace-makes-sbr/
    ^^^^^
    "I'm fucking furious, I'm violently angry, and I like it. If you don't know what that feels like then I feel bad for you"

Live by the ATF fiat, die by the ATF fiat.

Everyone knew this wouldn't last. When folks were lobbying Magpul to design an arm brace their response was something to the effect of: we think it would be more productive to invest in fighting the absurdity of SBRs being controlled under the NFA rather than trying to exploit a loophole that is clearly going to be closed eventually.

The problem is that no politician is going to change a law that has been on the books so long when there is a potential for political blowback.

Taking away freedoms is easy, giving them back is now how the game is played.

Well, Sig already has one lawsuit pending against the ATF. . .

Quote Originally Posted by Starvin View Post
    Live by the ATF fiat, die by the ATF fiat.

Everyone knew this wouldn't last. When folks were lobbying Magpul to design an arm brace their response was something to the effect of: we think it would be more productive to invest in fighting the absurdity of SBRs being controlled under the NFA rather than trying to exploit a loophole that is clearly going to be closed eventually.

The problem is that no politician is going to change a law that has been on the books so long when there is a potential for political blowback.

Taking away freedoms is easy, giving them back is now how the game is played.
    You're still allowed to possess them. Just no shouldering them.

I wonder if you can touch it to your belly button though?

Indiana, a state that is trying to remain free.
    Just remember, if you use them as an arm brace, you are ok, but the split second you shoulder a pistol with that brace, a drone will see you doing it, immediately launch a missile at you, and call in ATF to make sure there are no pieces left.

The right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed as long as you don't shoulder your pistol!

Team GunsNet Gold 07/2012 / Super Moderator Gunreference1's Avatar

It gets even better in California.

http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/201...quipped-ar-15/

Steve
    After today, it's all historical.

Team Guns Network Silver 04/2013 alismith's Avatar

...use as a shoulder stock constitutes a “redesign” of the device because a possessor has changed the very function of the item.

Based on this philosophy, I can by a bag of pencils, and when I re-package them and sell them as self-defense stabbing implements...if I'm sued by some pencil maker for infringing on their copyright, I can revert back to the ATF philosophy and use their argument that by using them for a purpose other than which they were intended counts as a "redesign" and I won't have to pay any fees or fines for copyright violations?

If I use a rifle as a golf club; that counts as a "redesign" for a golf club, and I no longer have to worry about where I take it?

If I use a handgun as a nut cracker, or a hammer, I've redesigned it into a nut cracker/hammer and can carry it without having to worry about CCW laws?

Damn, think of all the possibilities.....
    "Valar morghulis; valar dohaeris."

Commucrats are most efficient at converting sins and crimes to accidents or misunderstandings.-Oswald Bastable

Making good people helpless won't make bad people harmless.

Freedom isn't free.

"Attitude is the paintbrush that colors our world." TV Series, Haven.

My Spirit Animal has rabies.

I'd rather be an American than a Democrat.

"If you can make a man afraid, you can control him" Netflix Series, The Irregulars

Forum Administrator Schuetzenman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FunkyPertwee View Post
    You're still allowed to possess them. Just no shouldering them.

I wonder if you can touch it to your belly button though?
    Personally .... I'd like to shove it up their ass and pull the trigger.

Quote Originally Posted by imanaknut View Post
    Just remember, if you use them as an arm brace, you are ok, but the split second you shoulder a pistol with that brace, a drone will see you doing it, immediately launch a missile at you, and call in ATF to make sure there are no pieces left.

The right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed as long as you don't shoulder your pistol!
    that made me giggle.

I don't think the ATF's reasoning will hold up in court. HOWEVER, the ATF had decided that the little people may not circumvent the NFA with these things. Should the ATF loose on the merits of this letter in court, then there well be a new classification of the Sig Brace. I think this eventually is going to go like the streetsweeper. Those "pistols" that were sold by the manufacture would be "allowed" to register them as SBR's, and those that attached a SigBrace at home would have to pound sand.

Bump fire stocks next?

Quote Originally Posted by El Duce View Post
    Bump fire stocks next?
    Bump fire fingers?

THIS JUST IN!!!!!

Another Batfuck ruling....

Today, just days before Shot Show 2015 the ATF has once again decided to implement game changing and sweeping rulings. In response to thousands of requests at the ATF Technology Branch they have released this statement:

The ATF likes to change their mind. So today we have done it again and this time we mean it. Many have asked whether pulling the trigger on a firearm more than once in sequential order is illegal. It in fact is. Using Merriam’s Dictionary we look at the word “Design”. By pulling the trigger more than once in sequential order with a split time of less than 2 seconds, you in fact have “re-designed” the weapon and it would be considered “Fully Automatic” or a “Machine Gun” by definition which would result in an obvious NFA Law Violation. The fact that your finger itself is a “mechanical” addition to the weapon confirms this. You would also be guilty of Manufacturing since you added your finger to the trigger and of course Excise Tax Evasion the moment you hand this newly redesigned and re-manufactured firearm to your friend.

This is obviously a game changer. The bolt action market is going to explode.

However believable this is, this article is satire. If you believe any of it, you should not own a gun.

http://tacticalshit.com/another-atf-...y-now-illegal/
    Here's to pussy and gunpowder. One to live for, the other to die by.....Goddamn though, I do love the smell of 'em both !!!