Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I am sick.

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Simmons View Post
    Get well soon. I came down with an attack of gout last night. Slept a couple hours at the most. Rest of the time I was just trying not to scream. Got an appointment this afternoon for a cortisone shot. Can't wait!
    What is it, real cherry juice I think, does wonders for gout, a jug of it at my grocery was about 17 bucks tho. Also cranberyy juice may help too.
    "And how we burned in the camps later thinking, what would things have been like, if every security operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain, whether he would return alive and had to say good-bye to his family?"

Team GunsNetwork PLATINUM 10/2012 rci2950's Avatar

me too bud. I got a lung infection. Real bad. Off work taking meds. coughing till i almost pass out.
    Gunsnet member since 2002
    Salt Water Cowboy - Dolphin 38

I started to feel better last night. I could breath again from the nose and the coughing and pain mostly stopped.
    This morning its all back. I didn't have work scheduled so I didn't have to call out, but I have already taken Thursday off. That job is to be rescheduled for Monday.

BISHOP

Team GunsNetwork PLATINUM 10/2012 rci2950's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BISHOP View Post
    I started to feel better last night. I could breath again from the nose and the coughing and pain mostly stopped.
    This morning its all back. I didn't have work scheduled so I didn't have to call out, but I have already taken Thursday off. That job is to be rescheduled for Monday.

BISHOP
    You ever take psudofed? usually clears the congestion right up. There are some nasty colds going around this year.

Don't push yourself. Give it time to heal. Keep the fluids and electrolytes up. Also a cup of hot tea with honey and lemon actually does give some relief.
    Gunsnet member since 2002
    Salt Water Cowboy - Dolphin 38

Contributor 02/2014 FunkyPertwee's Avatar

Nyquil + soup and crackers + vitamins + sleep

Suck on that nyquil like your taking drunk.
    "I'm fucking furious, I'm violently angry, and I like it. If you don't know what that feels like then I feel bad for you"

I have been able to eat just fine, though I have no taste or smell. I am slightly achy, but the cough is aweful.

Today. I could feel some congestion so I coughed. DAMN!!!! That hurt more than it has ever before.
    I can feel a bit of pressure at the top of my lungs and every cough now hurts so much that I no longer want to.

I thought I was going to work tomorrow but I'm guessing no.

BISHOP

Team GunsNet Bronze 07/2012 videodon's Avatar

We opted out of shots this season, so far so good knock on wood.
    ~2000 mg vitamin C daily and no hangin' out in crowds.
    Get well soon.
    видеодон

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12